Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

triple sulk posted:

this 2500-2800 or so number looks like the soft cap on a daily basis so it really does seem like a testing limit thing

nah there were a few days with 3400-3800ish. The WHO has cautiously expressed that it is potentially slowing down the last couple of days, but also that it's too early to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Enfys posted:

nah there were a few days with 3400-3800ish. The WHO has cautiously expressed that it is potentially slowing down the last couple of days, but also that it's too early to say.

that was china wide (i think?), 2800 is just from wuhan

edit: ah there was one report of 3100

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Wuhan province:

Jan. 28: 1,291 new cases and 24 deaths.
Jan. 30: 1,032 new cases and 37 deaths.
Jan. 31: 1,220 new cases and 42 deaths.
Feb. 01: 1,347 new cases and 45 deaths.
Feb. 02: 1,921 new cases and 45 deaths.
Feb. 03: 2,103 new cases and 56 deaths.
Feb. 04: 2,345 new cases and 64 deaths.
Feb. 05: 3,156 new cases and 65 deaths.
Feb. 06: 2,987 new cases and 71 deaths.
Feb. 07: 2,841 new cases and 80 deaths

new cases falling but deaths still rising, idk

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 7, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

seems bad imo

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"how should i make my analysis more trustworthy seeming, hm"

*changes text color to red*

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

this is qanon level poo poo dude

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

If I had an n95 mask for every time someone poo poo their pants over some other rando on the internet's google research

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

where do you even find this poo poo

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

near succ, apparently

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

But China is always covered in smog 24/7?
https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?cosc,29.576,119.590,4

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

/pol/

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Mods knew.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's not a bioweapon but a bioweapon doesn't necessarily have to kill everyone to be effective and I don't see that as an argument against it not being a bioweapon

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Wuhan province:

Jan. 28: 1,291 new cases and 24 deaths.
Jan. 30: 1,032 new cases and 37 deaths.
Jan. 31: 1,220 new cases and 42 deaths.
Feb. 01: 1,347 new cases and 45 deaths.
Feb. 02: 1,921 new cases and 45 deaths.
Feb. 03: 2,103 new cases and 56 deaths.
Feb. 04: 2,345 new cases and 64 deaths.
Feb. 05: 3,156 new cases and 65 deaths.
Feb. 06: 2,987 new cases and 71 deaths.
Feb. 07: 2,841 new cases and 80 deaths

new cases falling but deaths still rising, idk

counting deaths doesn't require test kits

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225917304862629888

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

We'll see if summer kills this thing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this is why america will be hosed if we get this pandemic: we think enforcing quarantines is the same as Death Camps apparently

lol maybe at costco but americans spend all day bumper to bumper on an inexplicably overfilled exurban 6 lane road in a f150 without talking to another human

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

nice parody account

Reporter's Notebook: Life and death in a Wuhan coronavirus ICU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

We'll see if summer kills this thing us

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

please take your risperdal immediately and let your psychiatrist know that you posted this at your next appointment tia

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

like... the CD article is the opposite of suppressing things

haven't investigated... but i think the way the government is handling it is to blame the provincial government for screwing it up and now it's time for the party and the central commanders to step in and handle the situation

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't everyone been pointing fingers and deflecting blame, because nobody wants to be at fault for this?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Who is the white male audience supposed to identify with? Simple. The little white Cuck Ball.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Yikes!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225906139122016257

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Double yikes!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225917304862629888

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

succ posted:

By accident, meaning a scientist didn't know he was exposed after genetically modifying the 2012 strain with gain of function properties.

Overall, pretty stupid to play with bioweaps in a country of billions. Thats poo poo you do on one of those manmade islands far off the coast where everyone working there is basically bubble boyed for their tenure never to see society.

Yes, it would be a pretty dark stain on the CCP internationally if such carelessness was discovered. But then again this is the same place where a few years ago CRISPR babies were born.

I estimate the true causality numbers to be ~500,000 as of today.

drat dude if only the CCP had listened to you and done the secret bioweapon tests on the secret manmade islands instead of in the middle of a highly populated city

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Wakko posted:

please take your risperdal immediately and let your psychiatrist know that you posted this at your next appointment tia

whoa!!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Burning all those bodies so close to the city will deposit too much chiralium on the survivors.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Haven't paid much attention to this thing. How bad is it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

Healthcare professionals are often at significantly elevated risk from the diseases they're working to treat, just look at how the doctor that discovered SARS also died of SARS.

Didn't this also happen to Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease

reptilians
Sep 2, 2018

did anyone ever figure out if the metal isolation cube was real or not

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

reptilians posted:

im posting from a metal isolation cube right now

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Didn't this also happen to Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease

Frankenstein was the scientist, not the monster.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

reptilians posted:

My guess is portable gas chamber. If you listen to her last scream, it sounds like she’s losing consciousness as her scream comes to silence. Very disturbing poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225937614362071042
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225943596215537664

Hubei Province may be stabilizing (pending test kits?? who knows) but it doesn't seem that way for the rest of China. These numbers resemble the early numbers that were coming out of Wuhan, particularly the rapid growth in critical/serious cases.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

reptilians posted:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

reptilians posted:

very real and you can preorder it now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fuckin' amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

succ posted:

My guess is portable gas chamber. If you listen to her last scream, it sounds like she’s losing consciousness as her scream comes to silence. Very disturbing poo poo.

hey man I don't know if you're a person who might sometimes struggle with mental illness, but you've been posting some stuff itt that seems like you might be falling into some paranoid ideas or delusions. Outbreaks like this generate a lot of hysteria, fake news and consipracies, it might be good to avoid threads like these if you have a hard time with that sort of stuff

as for metal box video, my guess is that ambulance services are completely overwhelmed and the government is trying to come up with ad hoc ways to isolate and move patients around. A sealed box in the back of a pickup seems like a quick and cheap way to move a couple not-critically-sick people around. The screams in the video it seems to me are from the people filming it and freaking out, not a recording of what it would sound like for someone to scream from within a sealed box filmed from a balcony a few stories up but what do I know