Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

youcallthatatwist posted:

none of the candidates we currently have are well equipped to discuss Asian American issues imo, especially not in a way that will resonate with the demographic. politicians focus on black and Latino people bcs they have a long history of being represented in mainstream American debates about race inequality in a way that Asian Americans don't, bcs the latter are treated like model minorities most of the time regardless of actual conditions. it's dumb and should change

Like so many, you're erasing Warren's 1/2048 Polynesian heritage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

empty whippet box posted:

I really feel like anyone trying to say anyone other than Bernie won this debate is going to look absolutely insane, however Steyer has come off really well. And Pete very obviously ate poo poo and weaseled around and got called on it.

This has gone incredibly well for Sanders. Really couldn't have hoped for better.

CNN will 100% declare that Biden won it.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Good, but devil's in the details when it comes to what charity they choose.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Amy sure loves name dropping other politicians.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey I've been ignoring this debate but did Pete answer a question about black incarceration rising under him with 'well yea, I targeted areas with a lot of black people so I could make big flashy arrests that I called gang related' as if that was a better answer?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Steyer doesn't want to be VP, he wants to be first dog. He just wants Bernie to pat his head and tell him he's a good boy. I love it.

https://twitter.com/jameshamblin/status/1225980164594638848
:hmmyes:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Who is richer, Bloomberg or Steyer? Both are richer than Trump, right?

Bloomberg > Steyer > Trump

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
The ABC hosts just letting the candidates run wild is paying off big time, this is significantly better than the rest of the debate so far.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FINALLY a candidate I can relate to.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rad Russian posted:

CNN will 100% declare that Biden won it.

I think they're all going to say Amy. I think the racism thing cut Pete down a bit.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Hellblazer187 posted:

bloomberg is enormously richer

bloomberg is *incomprehensibly* wealthy

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kirios posted:

I know I have some bias but I feel like Sanders is lapping the competition here?

(I'm not including 2% Steyer competition).

Bernie is killing it today, helped by Steyer

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

Nairbo posted:

To primary copmala or take over for that dying sack of human poo poo?

The dying sack of human poo poo isn't up for re-election for 4 more years IIRC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing :allears:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gatts posted:

I think they're all going to say Amy. I think the racism thing cut Pete down a bit.

They always say Amy won them...

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

Bloomberg by a lot.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lmao Yang just wandering around, hanging by himself on the empty stage.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ArbitraryC posted:

In what regard? Historically? Presently? You're gonna hafta downplay a whole lot of issues to sidestep it at any point in our timeline and yet we do constantly.

I don't think this is the place to have this discussion, but by "clear-cut" I mean things like this:

Yes they are and have been heavily discriminated against. Yes they should be part of the discussion. But the reason they aren't is probably because they aren't being uniformly crushed underfoot like Black and Hispanic people.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rad Russian posted:

CNN will 100% declare that Biden Pete won it.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Is Yang rocking a swole bod?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Do you think Steyer is gonna actually absorb any number of voted from the moderates after this? He won't grab any from Bernie because why vote for Steyer when you could have the real thing, but drat, I think he's actually doing a reverse-Bloomberg to absorb as many centrists as he can only to drop out at the end and ensure Bernie has the lion's share of delegates

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
snake

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1225977755067703296

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Do one about Tom from myspace and him being everyone's first friend

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
I dont know who any of the people running this debate are. Maybe thats why its so well run, no dumbass pundits to poo poo things up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

They always say Amy won them...

mcmagic your sports takes are bad but your political takes are on-point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'look Tom, drop out now and we'll get a beer after this'

'and once again Tom wins a negotiation!'

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Something about pacs being okay if only small donors contribute?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

hey I've been ignoring this debate but did Pete answer a question about black incarceration rising under him with 'well yea, I targeted areas with a lot of black people so I could make big flashy arrests that I called gang related' as if that was a better answer?

Yes, absolutely, it was extremely awkward and he was then reigned back to a second opportunity to be a human, which he flubbed gloriously

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

the music sounds like an xcom load screen or is it just me?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Hahahaha yessssss

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please welcome our new debate moderator, Max Headroom.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
drat, I thought someone slipped me something for a second...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Still got another loving hour of this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
When you know bernie won:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1225980953773977600

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Anyone get some sweet echo there

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

that owned

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
I haven't been able to watch, but reading about Tom Steyer's new found love for Bernie has lifted the dark mood ive been in since iowa. I dont know how to react to it, but its giving me some good laughs