Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Helen Highwater posted:

Crossposting my response to that from the same thread.

That is some goddamn heinous cringe. I applaud you for surviving and thank you for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Gotta post this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vpzpjKVsw

People go really weird in the head when they're allowed to be on their own for too long, but still have a social instinct to fulfill. It's basically Plato's cave of relationships.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

well i certainly didn't expect the twist halfway through :monocle:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Helen Highwater posted:

"But she's cold!"
You'd think he'd be used to that by now.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Dirk the Average posted:

I'm in med device R&D, and this is literally never a question we ask. The only questions are of the efficacy of the product and how quickly we can get to market. I've never worked in pharma, but i would be shocked if the R&D folks over there thought along different lines.

But would you be surprised if the people deciding which projects get funding thought that way?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

Wait, this is a real thing that actually happened to you? My god...

Just, maybe I missed something here, what does this have to do with libertarians? Is that dude a libertarian?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Wait, this is a real thing that actually happened to you? My god...

Just, maybe I missed something here, what does this have to do with libertarians? Is that dude a libertarian?

How old do you think the doll is?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume because this is in the book photo.

Also I don't entirely believe that "John Samples" is a real person, it's the fakest sounding name.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I assume because this is in the book photo.

Also I don't entirely believe that "John Samples" is a real person, it's the fakest sounding name.

He's a VP at the Cato Institute.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

They're exactly the people to give an LLC its own executive position in their org tho

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe the cato institute doesn't exist either, maybe it's just two guys and a pile of money and cocaine and johnny bottom text is just one of the made up characters.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

For a moment I thought you were talking about the guy with the sex dolls. Actually this might just be a different sex dolls guy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe the cato institute doesn't exist either, maybe it's just two guys and a pile of money and cocaine and johnny bottom text is just one of the made up characters.
Nah, they lose half their raison d'etre if they don't employ any failsons.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Johnny Bottom Text is an incredibly shrewd negotiator. You would not BELIEVE the cocaine...I mean, salary...the SALARY that he snorts.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/01/patrick-j-buchanan/the-culture-war-comes-to-the-old-dominion/ posted:

In “The Americans: A Social History of the United States,” published in 1969, author J. C. Furnas describes the deeds of the man Wexton and McEachin would be pleased to see replace Robert E. Lee:

“In August 1831, Nat Turner, paranoid slave preacher and cunjur man, led his superstition-fuddled followers to kill fifty-five whites of all sexes and ages in an aimless terrorizing of Southhampton County in the southeastern corner of Virginia.

“The poor twisted creature could hardly have found a worse time to sharpen Southern fears of a slave rising.” Turner was tried and hanged and, that winter, writes Furnas, “The Virginia legislature voted down by a narrow margin a bill for gradual extinction of slavery.”

Nat Turner’s terrorism had set back emancipation.
A few things with this:
1) Pretty sure that it was the Virginia legislature that set back emancipation;
2) I can't find any of these quotes from J.C. Furnas online outside of this column;
3) The only other representations of J.C. Furnas' writing on this topic describe it was "vile racist filth";
4) This was written by Pat loving Buchanan.

Also, Lew said things:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/efbbbf-armenian-syrians/ posted:

Minorities were well-respected and protected in Syria and Iraq prior to the catastrophes unleashed by the US. In Iran it is the same, and the result for minorities will be the same if the US desires it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzOHMhEhHE0

sam seder did one of his (sadly, very rare nowadays) debates with libertarian callers yesterday. it's a decent length too. here you'll hear such stellar arguments like

- we don't need to regulate the credit agencies who gave AAA ratings to toxic mortgages because there's no way any company would still exist that did such a thing
- the principle of 'the right to own property uber alles' is not an arbitrary principle at all and is somehow backed by something more fundamental and mystical
- democracy is bad actually

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I mean if you really believe that the free market is a law of nature, democracy is just a silly affectation. Should we take a vote on whether or not we like the weather?

This also explains everything about the people running liberal parties across the globe.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Come back jrod we miss you

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Come back jrod we miss you

Every day that goes by without a jrod post is a day that his investment in these forums becomes less and less rational

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Whose turn is it in the jrod barrel?

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
https://twitter.com/fredjedwards/status/1222624762888847368

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Yes, but what about ephebohobomaphophelia? Where do unions compare to that?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Like every sentence is objectively more horrifying than the last.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Like every sentence is objectively more horrifying than the last.
That, and the name, is why I assumed it was satire.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How do you tell, with libertarians?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tubgoat posted:

That, and the name, is why I assumed it was satire.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The New Hamshire Libertarian Party has chosen its candidate.

Thread, your comment?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Monster raving loony party international brigades doing good work.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

They don't deserve Vermin Supreme.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Cpt_Obvious posted:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

quote:

....These choices were bad enough because they propagate the mistaken idea that libertarians are somehow right-wing.
In 2016, NH and VT’s libertarian parties were the only ones in the whole United States to back presidential candidates who actually were worth nominating, like Darryl W Perry and John McAfee.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you nominate john mcafee he's just gonna turn up in slippers and an open robe and start shooting guns in the air.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If you nominate john mcafee he's just gonna turn up in slippers and an open robe and start shooting guns in the air.

The leadership we need.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, so are we talkin' underage whales here?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wait, so are we talkin' underage whales here?

McAffe insisted that whale sex was necessarily consensual, because if the whale didn't want you to gently caress it it could easily kill you. I wish I didn't know he said that and I act out by making you know it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Excuse me while I vote Libertarian.

Vermin Supreme forever.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Just think about it.

President Supreme of the United States :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Feinne posted:

McAffe insisted that whale sex was necessarily consensual, because if the whale didn't want you to gently caress it it could easily kill you. I wish I didn't know he said that and I act out by making you know it.
This just reminded me of Kenneth Pinyan, so now you all need to remember too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Just think about it.

President Supreme of the United States :allears:

I’m picturing the brand though.