Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mike has gone 100% on wrestling must be serious sporting competition, like the video clip they posted last week where Bryan was talking about how people got into wrestling because it was fun had a great cut to Mike right after shaking his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ken's ringtone is the Junes theme from Persona 4.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I can't blame someone for wanting to remember that every day's great at your Junes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's one of the best jingles ever.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rick posted:

It's one of the best jingles ever.

Not as good as the Tanaka Home Shopping Jingle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

duckdealer posted:

They shouldn't have to and they don't. Unless you're thinking that there are hundreds of thousands of people as dumb as the person who recaps Dynamite for Bryan and Dave's website.

Yeah the idea that you need to follow all the AEW YouTube stuff to follow their stories is a false assumption that I made once upon a time as well. When MJF turned I thought it was too quick because it hadn’t been developed enough on tv, but I was unquestionably been proven wrong. I watch BTE most weeks but only sporadically catch Dark and while you might miss some stories or character development on Dark there’s no affect on Dynamite. And it shouldn’t come as some kind of surprise that if you don’t watch one of AEW’s shows you might be missing some stuff that happens on them. But I never have problems following when it hits Dynamite.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Big E describing his dream match might be be the funniest thing WWE has ever done.

Going a couple of pages back for this, but I just saw WWE posted this clip on YouTube. Wanted to share because it's absolutely hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvAs8LpmRE

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

BIG MEATY BOYS

BUMPIN MEAT

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arbite posted:

How dare everyone not just use MGS codec

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah the idea that you need to follow all the AEW YouTube stuff to follow their stories is a false assumption that I made once upon a time as well. When MJF turned I thought it was too quick because it hadn’t been developed enough on tv, but I was unquestionably been proven wrong. I watch BTE most weeks but only sporadically catch Dark and while you might miss some stories or character development on Dark there’s no affect on Dynamite. And it shouldn’t come as some kind of surprise that if you don’t watch one of AEW’s shows you might be missing some stuff that happens on them. But I never have problems following when it hits Dynamite.

Bryan's point wasn't that people would be missing massive storyline threads, his point was that it would take literally 10 seconds to recap Dark and BTE segments on commentary and they hardly ever do. Obviously you can follow the storylines just fine but it's not a bad thing to inform your viewers about character development and story beats when it's so easy to do so, even if they're minor. It also drives up viewership to both YouTube shows because audiences will want to see it for themselves

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

good god is Bryan insufferable on this latest B&V

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

hunnert car pileup posted:

good god is Bryan insufferable on this latest B&V

it wasn't as mysterious as bryan made it seem, but commentary could have spared exactly one sentence to explain the contract signing was for Riho v Nyla, and PAC was crashing it to threaten Riho, not that he was going to sign anything.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
ROB ARE WE RECORDING???

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Lone Goat posted:

it wasn't as mysterious as bryan made it seem, but commentary could have spared exactly one sentence to explain the contract signing was for Riho v Nyla, and PAC was crashing it to threaten Riho, not that he was going to sign anything.

I was still on the NXT recap when I posted that.

Nevermind that Pac attacked Nakazawa again backstage a few weeks later and of course Bryan forgot this

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

was this established or is that what they concluded

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PAC said it was "supposed to be a contract signing" but I was unclear if it was a Riho/Nyla signing or PAC setting up his own signing for Omega as a prop. The former makes more sense and explains what Riho was doing there.

I think its mostly inconsequential. Like the setup is just a means to get to a good PAC promo and a Nyla/Riho buildup. Complaining that AEW didn't set up or explain why Riho was in front of a table properly might be true but also kind of feels like nitpicking. If PAC hadn't mentioned it we probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Super No Vacancy posted:

was this established or is that what they concluded

neither! they had no loving clue what PAC was talking about, i used context to arrive at this conclusion.

STAC Goat posted:

PAC said it was "supposed to be a contract signing" but I was unclear if it was a Riho/Nyla signing or PAC setting up his own signing for Omega as a prop. The former makes more sense and explains what Riho was doing there.

I think its mostly inconsequential. Like the setup is just a means to get to a good PAC promo and a Nyla/Riho buildup. Complaining that AEW didn't set up or explain why Riho was in front of a table properly might be true but also kind of feels like nitpicking. If PAC hadn't mentioned it we probably wouldn't have even noticed.

so have the commentators say "there'll be a contract signing with Riho and Nyla later tonight" at some point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My guess would be they didn't want to tease it because they wanted the surprises of (a) PAC having Riho and (b) Nyla attacking Riho. And if they had hyped a contract signing we might have deduced things earlier.

As I said, I think its kind of inconsequential and burying the actual relevant parts of the segment. Like if someone gets jumped in the back I don't care if they were standing there for an interview or to eat a sandwich. I'm not sure what it adds/subtracts. Maybe I'm missing something.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

My guess would be they didn't want to tease it because they wanted the surprises of (a) PAC having Riho and (b) Nyla attacking Riho. And if they had hyped a contract signing we might have deduced things earlier.

As I said, I think its kind of inconsequential and burying the actual relevant parts of the segment. Like if someone gets jumped in the back I don't care if they were standing there for an interview or to eat a sandwich. I'm not sure what it adds/subtracts. Maybe I'm missing something.

You aren't. This is Alvarez being a dumbass and demanding unnecessary explanations for small details.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You got to see Riho bounce off a table, who needs facts or logic?

Nitpicking during recaps is why I consider recap podcasts the lowest form of podcasting. Even lower than drunk dial into a live radio program while making GBS threads podcasts.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped an episode breaking down the New Beginning in Sapporo and AEW Dynamite. Poor Scotty jobbed to the winter cold season, RIP. Also a double dose of :goodshit:

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-30-njpw-new-beginning-in-sapporo-and-aew-dynamite/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

Nitpicking during recaps is why I consider recap podcasts the lowest form of podcasting. Even lower than drunk dial into a live radio program while making GBS threads podcasts.

I have zero interest in these podcast mostly because I think they just encourage the people doing them to nitpick the hell out of the shows they're reviewing so that they have stuff to talk about, argue about, and entertain people. I just don't engage with entertainment like that and have no interest in doing it by proxy.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

The double funny thing of Bryan bringing up Star Wars was RoS did a worse example of his problem than TLJ ever did in the first SECONDS of the movie.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

coconono posted:

I just didn’t get why she stood there while PAC threatened someone she cared about completely silently.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1226031224004599810

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its almost startling how the braids make bryan look like a member of korn

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did he ever say why he thought that was a good idea in the first place or is he sticking with getting swindled by some local

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It made sense to me? They had contract papers on the table and they announced later in the show the Riho Nyla match. I also just didn't think about it that hard because the show was moving and the story made sense so so had no urge to nitpick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did he ever say why he thought that was a good idea in the first place or is he sticking with getting swindled by some local

Bryan is extremely naive and also a nice fun person who isn’t too proud to do goofy poo poo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan is extremely naive and also a nice fun person who isn’t too proud to do goofy poo poo.

As good a reason as any

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CombineThresher posted:

You aren't. This is Alvarez being a dumbass and demanding unnecessary explanations for small details.

sportsgenius86 posted:

In conclusion, Bryan is a land of contrasts.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It comes up in the Q&A and he blames his wife.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Bryan has a lot of willingness to be shameless, like any good radio host.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's white and was on vacation.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arbite posted:

I'm now even happier than usual that I give them my money.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

duckdealer posted:

They shouldn't have to and they don't. Unless you're thinking that there are hundreds of thousands of people as dumb as the person who recaps Dynamite for Bryan and Dave's website.

A simple sentence here and there works wonders- they should clue in their drat commentators. The Riho-Nyla rose backstage stuff would have made much more sense if Pac had lead with "a non-televised contract signing was supposed to take place", and told the commentators that was happening. Instead JR and Excalibur ended the segment going "apparently those two have a match soon :confused:". And I sure as poo poo didn't know Brandi was good now, that's a really big character shift!

Thought the worst B&V thing was them thinking the Pac-Omega-Riho thing was AEW impling Omega and Riho were a couple. I didn't get that impression at all from that segment, it shouldn't be hard to establish they have a mentor-ish relationship as well as her been his first japanese tag partner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Listening to the Cruise Ship Q&A, Dave tells a story confirming that WWE absolutely 100% took it for granted that the Elite were going to sign contracts with them, to the point that a guy who worked there invited Dave to come to the Royal Rumble so he could see the Young Bucks debut.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to the Cruise Ship Q&A, Dave tells a story confirming that WWE absolutely 100% took it for granted that the Elite were going to sign contracts with them, to the point that a guy who worked there invited Dave to come to the Royal Rumble so he could see the Young Bucks debut.

I always was under the impression the vince and co promise to improve raw promo was done as they expected the elite to all sign around that time

And well....

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PASS THE MASH posted:

I just didn’t get why she stood there while PAC threatened someone she cared about completely silently.

She probably figured if she stood stock still PAC would wander off to find a salt lick. Riho's polite disdain of gaijin has taught her many lessons like this. Smile And They Will Eventually Go Away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

I always was under the impression the vince and co promise to improve raw promo was done as they expected the elite to all sign around that time

And well....

That was the impression a lot of people had but there was enough wriggle room for anybody who wanted to deny it to say that people were just reading into a generic statement about "big things coming". But this basically confirms that this was absolutely the mindset of WWE, that the Elite were basically guaranteed to sign on.