Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BisbyWorl posted:

You know what I sorta want to see?

Batman Beyond Arkham.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't we get BEYOND Arkhamdome?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

this is twisted as hell but...what about a game where you play as the joker

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Joker is rejected and feared by society, much like mineself

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagine a Batman game without the Joker

Imagine

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you get a surprise boss battle in the middle of your sound voltex tournament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=561uiK5spTU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Help Im Alive posted:

this is twisted as hell but...what about a game where you play as the joker

There's The Sims, where you live in a society

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

why are you playing roblox

Fiancee told me to check out that server because of how bad everything looked.

Now I've been able to share these lovely screenshots of how bad it looks.

I thought it'd make people laugh. I'm sorry if I didn't make you laugh.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I fuckin love stuff like that, can it be counted as outsider art

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Can't we get BEYOND Arkhamdome?

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't been keeping up with the free games on the Epic Game Store, but this morning I noticed that Kingdom Cum: Deliverance will be free on February 13.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

farm fresh cum delivered right to your door

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm so over the Arkham series. Asylum came out when i was still in culinary school and one of my mates was the only one with a console, so we literally watched him 100% it over a couple weeks. City was the first one I played, but fell off shortly after the freeze fight, ironically enjoyed cat woman more than Batman, who looks ultra stiff and dumb doing axe kicks. Knight was just boring with car puzzles. They need to go Beyond or a new franchise entirely.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 8, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rocksteady presents a Flash video game but rather than worrying about getting hit in combat, you're shown visions of multiple areas at once almost like night trap and you have to balance stopping crimes and beating up enemies in each of the screens while rapidly switching between them, but not too often or else you'll go too fast and start losing health to the speed force.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Asylum had one problem and that was the stupid batcave.
City just had a pointless open world and far too many collectibles.
Origins had the stupid goal system that was far too easy to fail and an empty open world that was too big. (And the best story in the series.)
And Knight was awful.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Great now I have Thong Song in my head
(That thong thong thong thang thong)

Humble Bundle is a bit meh this month, outside of Frost Punk and Okami.

Post a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure pic, what game you want, and I'll pm you the key. :gifttank:
I have 8 choices left.

The only “bad” game in there is maybe Cryofall and only because it’s an early access multiplayer.

Don’t sleep on Project Warlock. It’s a retro shooter with actual original ideas but it got overshadowed by Ion Fury and it’s transphobic community.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah the goal system in Origin sucked, especially the stealth side which was gated very early on by 'do a predator area without getting seen once' which gets increasing more difficult if you don't deliberately go for it as soon as possible.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Maybe people were super tired of Batman when Arkham Knight came out but I played the game 2 years late like I always do with AAA games and it was loving banging. It was everything I wanted in Arkham City which was held back by being a 100x larger Asylum but then it actually did something original with Joker.

By the time I get to Witcher 3 it will be the same amount of time from Witcher 1 to 3 so see y’all in 2023

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played Knight about three years after it come out but I also just finished 100%ing Origin before it though do lol
Doesn't stop the story being garbage which was my main complaint

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like Knight more than City

But I really hated City

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i thought asylum was pretty cool but there was one specific type of fight where you had big guys that you had to like flip over and pull tubes out of (?) three times each or something like that that you had to do like a million times throughout the game and it was always super tedious and then when the final boss fight was just that again but extra long i decided i was done

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Something about open world makes certain people extremely emphatic that it must be objectively bad instead of just not for them, in a way I don't really see for other genres

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jrpgs are a bad genre of video game, objectively

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i had a dream last night where nintendo showcased a direct of nothing but jrpgs...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its probably because for 99% of games the inclusion of an open world is entirely pointless and an active detriment only put there because its both a lasting trend from early GTAs popularising them as well as a very easy way to create a game world you can populate with busy work to inflate playtimes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

i had a dream last night where nintendo showcased a direct of nothing but jrpgs...

Spooky..

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Arkham style combat was the worst thing popularized in gaming since third person cover shooters :colbert:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Looper posted:

Were any of them SMTV?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Arkham style combat was the worst thing popularized in gaming since third person cover shooters :colbert:
it was fine for a couple games, but how quickly and thoroughly it became the template for the western brawler was real depressing and speaks to a longstanding lack of creativity in western action games

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wonder when they're gonna finally announce that AAA Harry Potter game.

mutata fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 8, 2020

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i was only in for Asylum's vaguely metroidvania-ish thing it had going on and once that was gone so was i and i never got interested in them again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

no, it's detective vision

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Harry Potter game coming out in the 2020s would certainly make me go AAA.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

probably also doesn't help that i've fallen hard on giving a poo poo about batman, or indeed any comic book character

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah I'm not a fan of detective vision, myself. If you can't make detectiving fun without turning it into a glow-filter lightbulb hunt (which is legit difficult!) then I'd rather it not be in there at all.

I include the version of it in Horizon Zero Dawn, one of my favorite games, but at least in that one you got to see a holographic recreation of what happened sometimes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought they announced some kind of hogwarts game a year or two back that looked pretty okay or am I imagining things

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

^^^ It was leaked footage from a shopping mall focus group that someone smuggled a cell phone into, lol.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm expecting it to hit this holiday season, but they're really dragging their feet getting the marketing started..

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

harry potter is WB's star wars. past 10 years they put out one of the most exploitative phone games of all time where you get to watch 10 year old kids get strangled by vines unless you pony up, and a bad reskin of pokemon go

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The real crimes of Grindywill are these microtransactions .

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the first three harry potter games on gamecube are pretty fun (though very janky) zelda-like adventure games. and the two gbc games are really cute rpgs. and lego harry potter is good. these are my harry potter game opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I unironically enjoy open world games but following The Witcher 3 + all DLC with AssCreed Origins was probably a mistake.

Still playing it though.