Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Call bullshit on Amy not knowing the Monopoly board back to front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

Young Amy would've recognized that Monopoly is entirely luck-based and would have rejected it in favor of games that teach more important skills.

I wouldn't ever want to play Scrabble with her.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Oh man now I'm imagining how much of a pain it would be to play Settlers of Catan with Amy.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

PizzaProwler posted:

Jake being Holt's superior during the op is going to be golden. Can't wait!

Forget Jake. Amy is in charge of the uniformed police. Amy is Holt's boss.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Oh snap, I didn't even think of that. She will definitely still call him "sir" throughout, I imagine.

This is going to be an amazing episode :allears:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gaz-L posted:

Technically, there's an optimal strategy, with no real incentive to diverge. A solved he is even worse than a purely random one.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
We need a dancing Amy emote. It’s the only thing that represents my excitement for this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Marc Evan Jackson, he plays Shawn Kevin, Raymond Holts husband, is hosting the official podcast companion to Brooklyn 99 now that The Good Place is over. The first six episodes (each one covering a single episode) came out today.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
oh fork yes!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

swickles posted:

Marc Evan Jackson, he plays Shawn Kevin, Raymond Holts husband, is hosting the official podcast companion to Brooklyn 99 now that The Good Place is over. The first six episodes (each one covering a single episode) came out today.

Where can I find this? Link?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Where can I find this? Link?

Anywhere Podcasts are found. Its called Brooklyn nine-nine: The Podcast

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

swickles posted:

Anywhere Podcasts are found. Its called Brooklyn nine-nine: The Podcast

I was meant to read this as Holt, correct? Because that’s exactly what happened.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

These monsters

/E seems to be fixed now

Sereri fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 5, 2020

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lookin’ at you, Detective Fuzzypants!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I keep count of my steps in my head like a normal person

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The boy hunter stuff is very painful. Did they forget how to write Boyle?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Know what I'm listening to at work all day tomorrow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

UGH. My Chinatown joke was much funnier.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The new boss is an Amy!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Overall, that was a solid start to the season. Debbie had me in stitches all throughout the first episode.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I liked Debbie but the second episode was too cringey for me. I dug Holt acting drunk and the jacket b-plot, though.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Definitely agree that the second ep was one of the weaker ones they've ever done. Felt like a really bad character regression for Jake (Holt's pettiness was actually pretty expected as he gets that way any time there's even the slightest possibility of Wunch's involvement). Hopefully he'll suffer further consequences for his massive blunder(s) in future episodes.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Don’t say her name.

Her name was chair?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Red Oktober posted:

I was meant to read this as Holt, correct? Because that’s exactly what happened.

That's B-R-O-O...

Also I am not sure if I am on board with a running joke of a new captain every week. I would be on board for Vanessa Beyers being a recurring character though. She is a great foil for Holt.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wait, I’ve already forgotten. Did we get another new captain at the end of the second episode?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, I’ve already forgotten. Did we get another new captain at the end of the second episode?

No.

Ep 3 & 4
Pimento
The Jimmy Jab Games 2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cool Charles was too cool for this world. :rip:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Chuck Boyle seemed like somebody who would've banged Jake's mom, back in the day.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm going to miss Chuck Boyle.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think it is a shame Julie Kim won't be sticking around even if she obviously wouldn't have much more to do as a character.

Would love more of Debbie, though. Vanessa Bayer is always fun.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Have any other members of the state shown up on the show besides Marino?

E: vvv oh really who does he play? :colbert:

hanales fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 7, 2020

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Joe Lo Truglio

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

It's a nice touch that the season 1 episode they chose both fits the 'notable episode' criteria as it's definitely one of the early turning points in terms of the show clicking, but also is Marc's first appearance.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

CPColin posted:

Chuck Boyle seemed like somebody who would've banged Jake's mom, back in the day.

No way, he wasn't a limo driver.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Officer Holt is a loose cannon, but he gets results dammit!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Mymla posted:

Officer Holt is a loose cannon, but he gets results dammit!

Am I a bad person for kind-of liking Holt as a sassy, angry black woman? All the "mmmm-hmmmm"'s started making me laugh. The sassiness was out-of-character for him. Normally it's the deadpan snarking, and he gets those jabs in too ("Vampires don't show up on film...."), but I think the sassy routine really helped drive home how miserable he is in his new assignment.

I also like the brotherhood of the traveling jacket bit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rosa’s never getting that jacket back. :(

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Rosa’s never getting that jacket back. :(

It's Rosa; she had a reason to give it away. Probably someone coming up to her and saying "Yeah, we've met before. I remember that jacket."

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
During the party in episode 2 i was sure that the new captain staged everything for Jake and holt up until the end. She had guests or items of interest for the cast to get on their good side, and for Jake and holt their treat for the evening was a fake mystery they could investigate.

Probably dumb but i was disappointed when it was just them ruining a party and making her quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

datajugend posted:

During the party in episode 2 i was sure that the new captain staged everything for Jake and holt up until the end. She had guests or items of interest for the cast to get on their good side, and for Jake and holt their treat for the evening was a fake mystery they could investigate.

Probably dumb but i was disappointed when it was just them ruining a party and making her quit

This was my husband's theory too.