Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looper posted:

the first three harry potter games on gamecube are pretty fun (though very janky) zelda-like adventure games. and the two gbc games are really cute rpgs. and lego harry potter is good. these are my harry potter game opinions

Just for a frame of reference: how old were you when you played these games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman 2016's Hitman vision is great and really smart

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I bought Dead Cells for PS4 despite having it from early access on PC, because my laptop couldn’t run it very smoothly. Played some last night and experienced a bunch of controller lag, which I’ve never experienced on an offline console game. It was worse than the lag on my computer, because at least there everything slowed down. It was crazy, dropping inputs and delaying commands like crazy, and I’m not very familiar with the game I was starting to think that it was a mechanic like whatever Corruption or Malaise is.

Anyway I got farther than ever before on that run because I took the mutation that gives x1.5 health and was tanking hits with my weird face. I switched controllers and worked fine after that, but I didn’t make it back to the Throne Room

Hey, in Dead Cells why is there a door that says I need DLC to enter it but there’s no DLC in the store? I got the one with the Tomb of the Giants or whatever on sale a week ago, if that helps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was on the official Final Fantasy VII Remake Japanese Twitter page yesterday. Have some anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
can't wait to see that lion dog dress up as a sailor in episode 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

This was on the official Final Fantasy VII Remake Japanese Twitter page yesterday. Have some anime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Back when Nomura had control over his demons

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What kind of voice actor do you think they're gonna get for Cid

Now I'm imagining him sounding like Bernie Sanders and will be inevitably disappointed with whatever the reality is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some sort of gruff Texan. No one else will have a Texan accent

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I'm imagining him sounding like Bernie Sanders and will be inevitably disappointed with whatever the reality is

Probably the same as Advent Children.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Justin Roiland.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RBA Starblade posted:

I still think they should have a surprise twist and have Tifa die instead

I just wanted them to give the original good graphics and maybe improve the controls on some of the mini games, the last thing I want is for them to change the last 2 things this completely unrelated game has in common with FF7.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I too crave stagnancy

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looper posted:

the first three harry potter games on gamecube are pretty fun (though very janky) zelda-like adventure games. and the two gbc games are really cute rpgs. and lego harry potter is good. these are my harry potter game opinions

Lego Harry Potter is easily one of the best Harry Potter games but is among the bottom tier of Lego games imo

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Browsing the PS4 retro sale like

Also I admit I'm a little high, but the first paragraph of the Gameplay section for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on Wikipedia baffled me multiple times. What are the cow impregnation mechanics of HM: AWL?? What are they implying about ducks?

quote:

The player starts the game with one cow, and can later acquire additional, higher-quality cattle as well as male sheep, male and female chickens, and a male horse. The cow will stop producing milk after 40 days, and will have to be impregnated for her to continue making milk. In addition to these traditional Harvest Moon animals, this is also the first game in the series to feature ducks and a goat. The ducks appear not to incubate eggs of their own, but after acquiring ducks, some of the eggs the player harvests from chickens will hatch as ducklings. It is notable that no fertile eggs are produced in the absence of a male chicken, despite the presence of female ducks. The goat produces milk for one year then stops, and may be sold in A Wonderful Life Special Edition for 1000G.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you have to buy a bottle of cow sperm from the next farm over

no im not joking

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

you have to buy a bottle of cow sperm from the next farm over

no im not joking

p much how it works irl

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

At least in the SNES harvest moon, you bought something called like “miracle medicine”, aka bull sperm, and used it on your cows. As for the chickens laying duck eggs, I cannot explain

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Randallteal posted:

What are the cow impregnation mechanics of HM: AWL?? What are they implying about ducks?

If you've never read about the reproductive system of ducks, give it a google and prepare for a wild ride.

Might answer some of your questions about chickens laying duck eggs, too.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 8, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

raditts posted:

If you've never read about the reproductive system of ducks, give it a google and prepare for a wild ride.

Tell us

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ducks have spiral power

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

*reads about duck regrowth cycle*

Turns out I was part duck all this time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The corkscrew penis thing always confused me, because I thought birds had cloacas

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I went through a brawler kick prior to Arkham and I’m going to say Arkham combat knock offs are actually the greatest thing to happen.

I never want to go back to the punch-punch-kick style of combat ever again thank you. From Fighting Force to maybe The Warriors it was a dark time for brawlers.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The twist in the ff7 remake will be that you always go on a date with Barret and in reality the event that changes depending on who you are closest to is who Sephiroth kills and this can include Sephiroth killing Cloud and having to play the rest of the game without him even though there are absolutely no story problems or cutscene discrepancies that would result from that.

Alternatively, new twist is that Cloud becomes permanently wheelchair-bound.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The twist will be that Cloud isn't a rando who thinks he's a SOLDIER based on his buddy Zack, but actually is Zack, after some kind of bullshit Lifestream Jenova trauma or something done by, oh, let's say Scarlet.

e; Palmer getting smashed by the truck will be rendered in extremely realistic grisly 8K Ultra HD graphics, based on months of work by SE employees studying photographs and films from actual vehicular incidents

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 8, 2020

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Imagine Nintendo making a Zelda game with gore... would be pretty Cool :twisted:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Dodongo... To Hell!.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

al-azad posted:

I went through a brawler kick prior to Arkham and I’m going to say Arkham combat knock offs are actually the greatest thing to happen.

I never want to go back to the punch-punch-kick style of combat ever again thank you. From Fighting Force to maybe The Warriors it was a dark time for brawlers.

everything the platinum devs have touched since before clover was better than arkham combat

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Arkham combat is just a dressed up rhythm game, which the mark of kri did infinitely better. Also the warriors was good, what the gently caress?

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 8, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
My very important and controversial ranking of the Arkham games:

Knight > Asylum = Origins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> City

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

interested in granblue fantasy but no one on the roster speaks to me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a big public thank you to convex for the free okami since no one else seemed interested!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the warriors loving owned and i can only guess that film licensing is holding up a rerelease because it was easily rockstar’s second-best game of that generation after gta san andreas

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

My Cygames game of choice is shadowverse so I can never remember which characters are from granblue and which are from rage of bahamut

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Weedle posted:

the warriors loving owned and i can only guess that film licensing is holding up a rerelease because it was easily rockstar’s second-best game of that generation after gta san andreas

Rockstar don't seem too interested in rereleases of anything.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe you'll find someone more to your liking among the ten DLC characters (of which we only know five) spread over two announced character passes:
https://bagogames.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-character-pass-details-revealed/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

katalina seems cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked Zeta's look and moveset.