Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Oh god pleeease get a SF government, and make gerry adams in charge of brexit negotiations.

My limited understanding of Irish politics, based entirely on Ireland Simpsons Fans tweets, leads me to believe that this is very unlikely to happen. Also:

https://twitter.com/ConorMcA97/status/1226268513523916801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
No matter what the outcome, I'm quitting the party after the vote. My reasoning?

My membership fee costs somewhere in the order of playing the lottery each week. Over the next five years, I feel this has a better chance of changing my circumstances. Given the charitable work they do, the circumstances of others too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You not signed up for like, the minimum rate? You don't have to do the full rate.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I clicked the lowest option on the website.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's behind a drop down or something, I think mine's like £2 and some a month?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Oh god pleeease get a SF government, and make gerry adams in charge of brexit negotiations.

gerry didnt run for re-election - he's retired to write cookbooks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Anarchist's Duckbook

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

kustomkarkommando posted:

How to cook forty civilians

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Guavanaut posted:

otoh Liz Kendall.

:negative:

At least we're shot of Vaz. Until his return :ohdear:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ahahaha, James saying caucuses are "Dumber than can really be put into words" the day before the Iowa Caucus happens :hmbol:

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Labour's position should be to steal the unborn fetuses from the wombs of Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh people and use the stem-cells to keep English pensioners alive for a few more years.

They'd lose a couple votes on the margins but overall I think they'd gain a couple seats from it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

kustomkarkommando posted:

ISF had the best name for that book.
"Come out ye Rack of Lambs."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Saith posted:

Labour's position should be to steal the unborn fetuses from the wombs of Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh people and use the stem-cells to keep English pensioners alive for a few more years.

They'd lose a couple votes on the margins but overall I think they'd gain a couple seats from it.
How would they sell a policy of sparing those Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh fetuses the pain of existence in order to force it onto the English as a positive?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

How would they sell a policy of sparing those Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh fetuses the pain of existence in order to force it onto the English as a positive?

Tories love forcing the misery of existence on others, it's like their main motivation when voting.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The Question IRL posted:

God drat that's good hahahahaha :eyepop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/HealthUntoDeath/status/1226230370506547200?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ed: link restored.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 9, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's there the link just went weird. Try clicking through.

https://twitter.com/HealthUntoDeath/status/1226230370506547200

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its pretty windy outside

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a bit breezy here but not too bad.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Jose posted:

its pretty windy outside

how would you define windy though?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

they stole it from gerry himself

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when Jose says it's pretty windy you know he's coming from a place of experience

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Report on the storm: I've lost a roof tile and the garden chairs have fallen over.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I live right on the Irish Sea and my flat is facing the River Mersey, we get bad wind at the best of times so this is gonna be hilarious. Jose remember when you visited me and there was such a horrific draft through the place? It's still pretty bad ughhhh

Luckily I'm dying from a fever and vomiting and stuff so In not going into work tomorrow. Earplugs in and I'm gonna sleep through the whole storm yay

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Get well soon dude.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Thanks! I'll be fine I hope. Just feeling like shite right now cos I'm at the sweating like gently caress stage of the fever (which tbf is a million times better than the horrible chills). I just get mega pain in my calves when I have a fever and that is annoying me the most right now ughhhh.

Also when I'm ill I end up craving challah and salt despite having not eaten it since I was like 5yrs old and on a school trip to a synagogue :shrug: Someone make some for me pleaaaasseeee

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I personally prefer the chills cos it gives me an excuse to pile on more blankets to my usual nest.

The aches are miserable though yeah.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I had my dressing gown on, a duvet and then 3 blankets (one of which was wrapped around my head) and a hot water bottle. I just could not get warm at all. Decided to have a scalding hot shower to try and help but even with it cranked up I just couldn't feel the heat and still was shivering!

It did work in the end though, I got back in the blankets and had a cup of tea and now this is happening lol. Had to add some ice to a flannel to apply to my head.

I CAN'T WIN

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh the blankets don't help no, I just like living in a giant pile of them and I normally get too hot doing that lol.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
It's freakishly warm here! 10C outside and nearly 24C inside with no heating on!
It's raining and I think it's windy from the sounds but not extremely so - can't tell through the window as outside my windows is quite a sheltered bit of garden.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Some gusts here but nowt too serious yet.

Sole you actually let Jose visit you? Weren't you concerned about, idk, a nuclear meltdown or something?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Historical evidence has suggested that the safest place to be is probably immediately next to jose, it's like the eye of a hurricane.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Or the prolapse of the hurricane, as the case may be.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

feedmegin posted:

I like how this is still a phrase despite the pound note ceasing to be a thing when I was sitting the entrance exam for secondary school & half the thread wasn't born yet :shobon:

Edit: 30 year olds post date the pound note now.

I'm nearly 40 and dimly remember them. I also like how it rolls when speaking of "hundreds of notes".

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The 20MHz bandwidth is a compatibility setting for old stuff that don't understand new(ish) protocol stuff.

Using a wifi extender usually effectively halves your connection speed, since half the width is used for extender/router traffic. This isn't simple to fix without replacing one of the wifi links with a wired connection--even if you get a wank router with dozens of antennae, that could mean it picks up more of other people's wifi, which would restrict the bandwidth it can use.

5G wifi has much shorter range, since the higher frequency stuff can't dodge walls and stuff as well as 2.4g. This is actually a plus in most urban settings, since that means it doesn't have to negotiate bandwidth with as many neighbors. Also it's got a lot more channels than 2.4g since higher frequency enables denser traffic.

Your phone's very probably got a better antenna than a usb 3g router--also, it could support phone traffic frequency bands which your router can't. This is a bigger issue with LTE, but there are lots of 3g variants as well.

I'm reasonably certain the above's correct, but it was a long time ago I had to bother with any of this stuff

This is pretty much spot on from my time in comms. Meshes work by having two antennae, a local internal net for routing traffic along the mesh and the external antennae that you connect to and NAT back to the main node through. Depending on config you can run this second net as a guest network if you'd prefer and just have regular access points, but you're much better off here having each AP on a wired LAN connection due to the information above. A good mesh has either a wired LAN connection or is directly connected to the internet connection on the master node, so that the mesh wifi can take care of traffic from the remote access points.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ms Adequate posted:

Some gusts here but nowt too serious yet.

Sole you actually let Jose visit you? Weren't you concerned about, idk, a nuclear meltdown or something?

idgi ????
But yeah he came over for a few nights and it was lovely :3:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah, he brought the printouts of his PM inbox then, a rare treat.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Solefald posted:

idgi ????
But yeah he came over for a few nights and it was lovely :3:

Disasters seem to attend wherever Jose goes :v:

OwlFancier posted:

Ah, he brought the printouts of his PM inbox then, a rare treat.

lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
A craving for salt and having cramps might not be unrelated. Find some way of getting those electrolytes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

USPOL but somehow extremely UK themed.

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1226360613577928705

Maths is a personal opinion now.