Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

katalina seems cool

pollo: katalina

cocodrilo: metera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I too crave stagnancy

If you want a new game make a new game, don't make FF7. It's a game that has extremely dated graphics and audio, and could really use a polish, but instead of doing that they're making it into a lame action RPG. It's cowardly and a clear sign of the lead dev's ego being out of control.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sucks the new version of ff7 is going to delete all the old ones with a global targetted emp blast but, thats the way it has to be

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I too crave stagnancy

I too crave 100 million dollar AAA releases

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Rockstar don't seem too interested in rereleases of anything.
They're one of the few companies that made an effort putting out their older lineup on PS4 so I give them credit

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

If you want a new game make a new game, don't make FF7. It's a game that has extremely dated graphics and audio, and could really use a polish, but instead of doing that they're making it into a lame action RPG. It's cowardly and a clear sign of the lead dev's ego being out of control.

a wack opinion if for no other reason than it almost certainly was not the lead guy's idea to remake FF7 in the first place, but a directive from on high

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF7 was incredibly dope and if the remake has even like, 3/4 of the charm of the original on top of the increased production values its gonna be one of my favorite games of 2020. This isn't even nostalgia talking, I first played FF7 like 3 years ago.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Rockstar don't seem too interested in rereleases of anything.

they love doing mobile ports, or they used to anyway. gta 3, vice city, san andreas, liberty city stories, and chinatown wars, as well as max payne and bully, all came out for ios and android. no vice city stories port unfortunately but i would bet phil collins as himself has something to do with that

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Weedle posted:

the warriors loving owned and i can only guess that film licensing is holding up a rerelease because it was easily rockstar’s second-best game of that generation after gta san andreas

It's on PS4 mate.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

interested in granblue fantasy but no one on the roster speaks to me

Just going by the trailers Charlotta, Lowain, and Ladiva are cool.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's on PS4 mate.

oh sweet. wish they'd put it on something i have though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Charlotta is a miserable card to play against in shadowverse imo so I gotta disapprove of her

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stux posted:

everything the platinum devs have touched since before clover was better than arkham combat

Hmmm nah. God Hand is funny but the highlight are bosses and whenever you’re fighting more than one disposable goon at a time it’s just tedious. Platinum themselves are so hit and miss they’re just coasting on good Bayonetta vibes. I’m just crawling through Nier A for the narrative because everything else is terrible.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

interested in granblue fantasy but no one on the roster speaks to me

I like Charlotte's extremely dumb outfit and crown that is the size of her body but she's probably going to be played by gross weirdos so maybe I'll go with mantitty mcgee

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheetah7071 posted:

FF7 was incredibly dope and if the remake has even like, 3/4 of the charm of the original on top of the increased production values its gonna be one of my favorite games of 2020. This isn't even nostalgia talking, I first played FF7 like 3 years ago.

Same to all of this except the playing 3 years ago thing.

FF7 Remake looks really good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

pollo: katalina

cocodrilo: metera

tunr your monitor on

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

al-azad posted:

Hmmm nah. God Hand is funny but the highlight are bosses and whenever you’re fighting more than one disposable goon at a time it’s just tedious. Platinum themselves are so hit and miss they’re just coasting on good Bayonetta vibes. I’m just crawling through Nier A for the narrative because everything else is terrible.

Nier is not a Platinum game, it's a taro game. I'd even take okami over nier.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Granvue Blersus

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

sucks the new version of ff7 is going to delete all the old ones with a global targetted emp blast but, thats the way it has to be

I mean this used to be purely a joke but after Blizzard tried it with WC3 it's only a matter of time before a game truly does this

Weedle
May 31, 2006

how similar is AI: the somnium files to zero escape? does it also have escape room puzzles and a twisty, branching narrative?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Songbearer posted:

There's The Sims, where you live in a society

Sims 4 is free with ps plus and it's amazing how much of a grift that series is. 4 barely has any more features than the last one I played (2) and has way more expansion packs and it would cost like $500 to get them all. Good god.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Weedle posted:

how similar is AI: the somnium files to zero escape? does it also have escape room puzzles and a twisty, branching narrative?

Twisty branching narrative oh hell yes. Great one too with great characters.

The escape room puzzle equivalent are quite different, they're more directly tied into the story but also not as fun in my opinion. Still overall it's a great game and if you like Uchikoshi's other stuff you'll love this one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just going by the trailers Charlotta, Lowain, and Ladiva are cool.

Lowain rules because every time he wins a fight is canonically in his imagination.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

precision posted:

Sims 4 is free with ps plus and it's amazing how much of a grift that series is. 4 barely has any more features than the last one I played (2) and has way more expansion packs and it would cost like $500 to get them all. Good god.

Challenge Everything™

al-azad
May 28, 2009

AI's gameplay portions are trial-and-error trash. I did not feel like I was missing anything using a guide on the "puzzles" and it's a drat shame because everything else is really good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Grown rear end Youtube Dudes: Pokemon gen 1 is so unbalanced and confusing and hard

Millions of 8 year olds in the 90s: :confused:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It is unbalanced and confusing. Isn't remotely hard though

I know my grade school self would have had trouble with some of the more confusing points of progression--bringing drinks to the guards, giving the warden his teeth--if it weren't for the fact that everyone else my age was also playing them and talking about them constantly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Asking a friend who plays granblue and apparently all men in granblue have prominent titty

Why is granblue so horny? Are they going for the horny gacha audience?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Grapplejack posted:

Asking a friend who plays granblue and apparently all men in granblue have prominent titty

Why is granblue so horny? Are they going for the horny gacha audience?

There is no non-horny gacha audience

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have been informed that a song on my last album, the one I'm most proud of, has the same name as an anime (Tenshi no Uta)

=\

al-azad
May 28, 2009

tbf when your access to internet is limited and you got like 2 games a year at best you find ways to get good. I don't ever want to touch a Pokemon game before exp share was a thing that didn't need to be held so I guess that limits me to XY and beyond.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

oh sweet. wish they'd put it on something i have though

You can emulate it through PCSX2 on PC at least. Or get the PS3 version?

Edit: https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1226209560785977344

Convex fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 9, 2020

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sonic has always been an anti-fascist environmentalist but I'm happy it's in a movie now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Convex posted:

You can emulate it through PCSX2 on PC at least. Or get the PS3 version?

Edit: https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1226209560785977344

Well yeah

edit: f,b

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Confronting shithead roommate, give me your energy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Confronting shithead roommate, give me your energy

That's always such a lovely thing to have to do. My old San Diego roommates gave me a literal nervous breakdown a few years ago. Always bumming money, weed and cigarettes off me, never cleaning up, etc.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I had a roommate who didn't pay the power bill and got it shut off several times (I had given him my half) and would get into fights with family and spend all night crying in from of the episode select screen from a Friends DVD. He moved out suddenly and left all his furniture which I mostly have away.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Games people are coming back with positive reactions... is history being made
https://twitter.com/lucyjamesgames/status/1226260769957793792

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Games people are coming back with positive reactions... is history being made
https://twitter.com/lucyjamesgames/status/1226260769957793792

Have people already forgotten Detective Pikachu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

I had a roommate who didn't pay the power bill and got it shut off several times (I had given him my half) and would get into fights with family and spend all night crying in from of the episode select screen from a Friends DVD. He moved out suddenly and left all his furniture which I mostly have away.

I've had a lot of weird or lovely roommate luck.

- Ecstasy dealer who looked like a tattooed MMA fighter, was always bringing people around to trip in our living room, always left his huge bottle of pills in his unlocked room. But... was also a great roommate! He liked me a lot because I actually paid my part of the bills and never ate his food or drank his beer. He'd always just give me free ecstasy all the time.

- Trust fund college hippie who literally, and I mean literally, tried to frame me for arson by saying I burned a hole in their couch. Then broke one of my rear view mirrors and got their rich dad to pay me since they didn't have insurance. In a pretty bizarre bit of cosmic irony, a week after my partner and I decided we couldn't take it and moved out, the whole house burned to the ground.

etc. The San Diego situation was especially bad, though, because they were VERY good friends of mine that I'd known for 8 years!