Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

Since this is technically a Nintendo-related thread, How would you feel if Capcom and Nintendo was collaborating to make Nintendo vs. Capcom and this was the Nintendo side's base roster:

introducing Nintendo original characters ‘Mr. Doom’, ‘Clawman’, and ‘ROB but giant and with legs and Hyper ROB Force’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Hat Thoughts posted:

Definitely hard for me to think of games that have a similar feeling to Animal Crossing, honestly maybe something like Pathologic 2?
Which similarly shrouds its overall mechanics in a vague way and uses a set time progression to activate events on timers that players may or may not experience depending on their own priorities.
Although...very different aims tonally...

Would extremely play an Animal Crossing with P2's aesthetic

or vise versa

Put Pathologic on switch imo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Nintendo Vs Capcom roster, version 2.0:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Kirby
5. Marth
6. Roy
7. Ike
8. Robin
9. Chrom
10. Corrin
11. Camilla
12. Ryoma
13. Alm
14. Celica
15. Byleth
16. guy Byleth
17. Edelgard
18. Dimitri
19. Claude
20. Dorothea
21. Lorenz
22. Gatekeeper

lucina is dlc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Manoueverable posted:

I can't believe you'd disrespect the good Captain more than Nintendo already does

It would be weird to see Captain Falcon outside of Smash

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to check the health of an sd card without reformatting it? My Switch has been locking up a bit lately and I’m starting to think that’s the culprit.

How does your Switch act after removing the card? Is the issue with a game installed on the card or the HD?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Detective No. 27 posted:

This finally came in.

romancing salsa is something i can get behind

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They're doing a Bayonetta action figure

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

This finally came in.

That’s just beautiful.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waffle! posted:

How does your Switch act after removing the card? Is the issue with a game installed on the card or the HD?

I haven’t tried yet. I’ve also noticed the problem started since I started using an Ethernet adaptor. Has anyone had any freezes with those?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Kirby
5. Marth
6. Roy
7. Ike
8. Robin
9. Chrom
10. Corrin
11. Camilla
12. Ryoma
13. Alm
14. Celica
15. Byleth
16. guy Byleth
17. Edelgard
18. Dimitri
19. Claude
20. Dorothea
21. Lorenz
22. Gatekeeper

lucina is dlc

Still has boring sword users, so the fundamental problem of putting in characters that are all the same hasn't been addressed.
Might as well have Capcom's entire side of the roster be five copies each of Ryu and Chun Li.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mister Facetious posted:

Still has boring sword users, so the fundamental problem of putting in characters that are all the same hasn't been addressed.
Might as well have Capcom's entire side of the roster be five copies each of Ryu and Chun Li.

Ryu, Ken, Dan, Akuma, Sean, Sakura, Gouken, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I had gotten completely side tracked by secondary quests in the witcher and now that I'm returning to the main quest line its adorable how none of the enemies are even the slightest challenge :allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to check the health of an sd card without reformatting it? My Switch has been locking up a bit lately and I’m starting to think that’s the culprit.

In the past the answer was no. I don't know if the tech has changed. SD cards are kind of like SSDs but without all the monitoring features. So probably not.

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

Bulgakov posted:

I had gotten completely side tracked by secondary quests in the witcher and now that I'm returning to the main quest line its adorable how none of the enemies are even the slightest challenge :allears:

If you want them to be, there’s an option in the gameplay settings to scale enemies to your level. Just be wary that this setting causes some specific quest enemies to 1 shot you (specifically in a quest involving Yennefer).

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Model Camper posted:

If you want them to be, there’s an option in the gameplay settings to scale enemies to your level. Just be wary that this setting causes some specific quest enemies to 1 shot you (specifically in a quest involving Yennefer).

yahhh nah I'm cool with it I wasted my time doing a buncha spurious missions but now I'm cashing in :twisted:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

Goddamn do I ever hate all these plastic crap action figures.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

psylent posted:

Goddamn do I ever hate all these plastic crap action figures.

Fortunately you are not forced to buy them

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mister Facetious posted:

That's SF Alpha 3

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Takoluka posted:

Ryu, Ken, Dan, Akuma, Sean, Sakura, Gouken, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma

Also Kage and Gouken.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Silver Snail posted:

The real correct answer back then was also an alcohol swab, though.

Actually, the problem wasn't with the cleanliness of the contacts, but the fact that the tolerances for the front-loading cartridge holder were so sloppy that moving the cart to one side or another prevented it from being seated properly.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mister Facetious posted:

Actually, the problem wasn't with the cleanliness of the contacts, but the fact that the tolerances for the front-loading cartridge holder were so sloppy that moving the cart to one side or another prevented it from being seated properly.

My friends and I were so stupid that we eventually progressed to licking our pinky finger and running it back and forth on the cartridge's notch while it was inserted. It "worked" though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The real solution is to just use a Game Genie passthrough which was like the jaws of life and clamped down on the contacts so hard they had no choice but to connect.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bulgakov posted:

romancing salsa is something i can get behind

I thought it was just me.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Pick a game on your SD card that has been acting up. Remove the SD card and redownload that game onto your internal storage. See if you still have a problem.

For me, this was Xenoblade 2, where I realized something was wrong when a certain dramatic cutscenes involving a temporary party member locked up in places and eventually had the audio and video desynch, among a number of much smaller issues that were still noticably caused by issues loading from storage.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gripweed posted:

Cool but who's this short baby then?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Knorth posted:

Would extremely play an Animal Crossing with P2's aesthetic

or vise versa

Put Pathologic on switch imo

🐔 - Careful, I’ve heard Roald HATES bug keepers, what about you? burger king rules!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
An Animal Crossing / Hotline Miami crossever makes so much sense I’m suprised it hasn’t happened yet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Hotline Miami is over as a franchise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mega64 posted:

An Animal Crossing / Hotline Miami crossever makes so much sense I’m suprised it hasn’t happened yet.

It doesn't make any sense at all. Animal Crossing and Hotline Miami are wildly different in every way. That's an absurd thing to say.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd throw down £2.99 for Hotline Miami masks for my villager.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

4chan leaking Zelda rumors again, they’ve got it right before. Supposedly a new direct is this month and Zelda will get a new trailer and a game title.

Take this with a grain of salt:

https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-bond-triforce-leak-gameplay/

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Aren't you already able to ride a bear in BotW

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All the Isabelle/Doom Slayer fanart is starting to make sense with AC: NH and Doom 64 sharing a release date.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For every legit leak on 4chan there are approximately 175,000 that are bullshit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

stev posted:

For every legit leak on 4chan there are approximately 175,000 that are bullshit.

I only accept unverified Reddit and Twitter posts

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

stev posted:

It was pretty funny before the Switch launched when every industry "insider" was staking their reputations on stuff like Zelda not coming at launch, no plans for a new Mario Kart, and then some dude on 4chan was just like yeah I helped set up some cardboard standees for a Switch event here's their entire lineup

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

for the sequel just give me botw again, but with the WW ocean music whenever you're gliding and i'll buy it again, full price

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Kirby
5. Marth
6. Roy
7. Ike
8. Robin
9. Chrom
10. Corrin
11. Camilla
12. Ryoma
13. Alm
14. Celica
15. Byleth
16. guy Byleth
17. Edelgard
18. Dimitri
19. Claude
20. Dorothea
21. Lorenz
22. Gatekeeper

lucina is dlc

Why so many FE characters, especially so recent? This a Nintendo v capcom game, not smash. Give us something obscure, at least not mainstrean. BoxyBoy & girl? Where's Captain N? Hell give birdo a spot. Not even Zelda or shiek on the list? Instead of Captain falcon maybe James mccloud with his fzero ship?

I'd rather tastsonuko vs 2 than that roster and I have no clue about most of their anime

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 9, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cartoon Man posted:

4chan leaking Zelda rumors again, they’ve got it right before. Supposedly a new direct is this month and Zelda will get a new trailer and a game title.

Take this with a grain of salt:

https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-bond-triforce-leak-gameplay/

Bond of the triforce sounds so fake. But relegating Zelda to small moments sounds very Nintendo, so I don't know

HenryEx posted:

Aren't you already able to ride a bear in BotW

Yes, love that the ”article” tries the old '4chan has legit rumors' as if 4 Chan is one person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bushisms.txt posted:

Bond of the triforce sounds so fake. But relegating Zelda to small moments sounds very Nintendo, so I don't know

If that rumor was true it would be by far the most Zelda has been involved in the gameplay of a Zelda game.