Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kit Walker posted:

A lot of the world building in the Witcher, including the magic system and the nature of fey creatures, are based on historical myths and folklore. We’ve come to the point where fables are considered anime, lmao

no you see final fantasy invented all that mythology poo poo and thats weeb poo poo so mythology is anime.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've been wrakinxg my brain over who she looks like but it s Brendan Blethyn isn't to?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Alt right guy who went on an all beef diet and ended up in Russia going through benzo detox

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

ended up in Russia going through benzo detox

holy poo poo what? I assumed I hadn't heard much about him because he'd finished his book tour or something. This is somehow so much better. Turns out they had to put him into a loving coma to get him off the benzos.

so much for keeping your room tidy and avoiding chaotic feminine energy you piece of poo poo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KoRMaK posted:

Alt right guy who went on an all beef diet and ended up in Russia going through benzo detox

"The Joose is Loose" - Arby's

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

"The Joose is Loose" - Arby's

Jordy need benzy

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTEMU373pHs

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

holy poo poo i was not up to date on the Jordan Peterson story

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

KoRMaK posted:

"Prolonged Sleep.--The theory sounds good. You go to sleep and wake up cured. Industrial doses of chloral hydrate, barbiturates, thorazine, only produced a nightmare state of semi-consciousness. Withdrawal of sedation, after 5 days, occasioned a severe shock. Symptoms of acute morphine deprivation supervened. The end result was a combined syndrome of unparalleled horror. No cure I ever took was as painful as this allegedly painless method. The cycle of sleep and wakefulness is always deeply disturbed during withdrawal. To further disturb it with massive sedation seems contraindicated to say the least. Withdrawal of morphine is sufficiently traumatic without adding to it withdrawal of barbiturates. After two weeks in the hospital (five days sedation, ten days "rest") I was still so weak that I fainted when I tried to walk up a slight incline. I consider prolonged sleep the worst possible method of treating withdrawal."

-William S. Burroughs describing the treatment Jordan Peterson is currently going through

Between that and Rush Limbaugh's lung cancer this is a great week for terrible people being forced to suffer horribly.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, sobriety is the EASIEST step in the recovery process, there are no shortcuts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
If you want to know about this Peterson fella, I would recommend his debate with the Lacanian "Marxist" philosopher Slavoj Žižek on the subject of Marxism.

It's an amazing watch, I looked forward to this debate for months and my man Slavoj did not disappoint.

https://twitter.com/nickusen/status/1118253255195275265

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Stupid question possibly, but is there a better way to post images from twitter without downloading them and then uploading them to imgur or whatever? It seems impossible to go directly from twitter to imgur, and the extra step is a bit annoying.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Syncopated posted:

Stupid question possibly, but is there a better way to post images from twitter without downloading them and then uploading them to imgur or whatever? It seems impossible to go directly from twitter to imgur, and the extra step is a bit annoying.

these days I do a lot of print screen and pasting into ms paint just to avoid all the web 3.0 nonsense.

sorry to say I believe it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Syncopated posted:

I have an extension for Chrome that lets me right click on any image and automatically upload it to imgur in a new tab.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Memento posted:

I have an extension for Chrome that lets me right click on any image and automatically upload it to imgur in a new tab.

buona sera!

are you bragging or sharing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Hah, yeah, sorry.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/upload-to-imgur/kedcacdiooafipfmpdgdjaaekkdnhibn

Just adds it to the context menu

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Good news, there's tons of uncensored content out there from Japan...I think they...jesus, why am I talking about this?

No, no, please continue

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

it more like I tripped over something than falling

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Yeah, gently caress Patrick Starfish.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Syncopated posted:

Right click, copy image address, paste into SA message textbox?

Twitter serves hotlinks.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

wow yeah that does work. Though I don't think I can change the size of the image. Ah well, got an addon to firefox that seems to do the same thing as the chrome app posted above.

https://addons.mozilla.org/sv-SE/firefox/addon/imgur-upload/

also
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1226432045145972737?s=20

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Hardon Crime posted:

If you want to know about this Peterson fella, I would recommend his debate with the Lacanian "Marxist" philosopher Slavoj Žižek on the subject of Marxism.

It's an amazing watch, I looked forward to this debate for months and my man Slavoj did not disappoint.

I prefer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

online recipes are on another level

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8g1GxZe1lE

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its has been a while since I thought about DINNER Blaster

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Careful....

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

I’m going to have the song stuck in my head all day now

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hardon Crime posted:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The literal children and wannabe industry parasites, and captive employees terrified to talk poo poo... that I get

But if you're a grown-rear end adult with memories of Blizzard from 2004 or earlier and haven't realized that after 20 years companies inevitably change-- people get older and tastes change, if absolutely nothing else-- then I don't know why you're still surprised that "this isn't the Blizzard I grew up with."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

starcraft came out in 1998

it is four years older than college freshmen today

for the 30-something goons on here, ask yourself how much nostalgia you feel for frogger and galaga. same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Old Man Yells At Memes