Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I did a double take, but yeah it was just Bruce having either a flashback or imagining Alfreds response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I got my hands on a copy of Shadow Of The Batgirl, and it was cool and good. Everyone, go buy it so we get more!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

So I got my hands on a copy of Shadow Of The Batgirl, and it was cool and good. Everyone, go buy it so we get more!

There was something brilliant about Cass living in a library.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Crimes of Passion has both a Slam Bradley and Plastic Man story. :discourse:

It is a shame anthology books always do so poorly. DC has been doing a series of great ones.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Dawgstar posted:

There was something brilliant about Cass living in a library.

That library is so cool. I might have otherwise been disappointed in basically the entire story taking place in one location, but it's so big and cavernous and well-realized. Also, it gave me this sequence:

Some say that girl is still stuck up there to this day.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Darth Nat posted:

That library is so cool. I might have otherwise been disappointed in basically the entire story taking place in one location, but it's so big and cavernous and well-realized. Also, it gave me this sequence:

Some say that girl is still stuck up there to this day.

I love 'scoop' as an onomatopoeia.

And the tiny little 'fwump' for the book in the following panel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

buddy they wont even let me etc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i saw that earlier and couldnt help that my first thought was how soon that was gonna get to be abusive

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

almost 100%

there needs to be a steadily growing team of Joker's exes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ostensibly there is a lot of Joker exes. Harley is the only one that's still alive

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I guess if Harley's gonna be an antihero now then we have to make a new Harley.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Synthbuttrange posted:

there needs to be a steadily growing team of Joker's exes.
After THE THREE JOKERS DC will probably do some dumb Secret History of Joker chicks teasing THE FIRST HARLEY QUINN as Moxie and Mollie, a pair of twins who were drawn to Joker's comedy. Maybe some WORLD SHATTERING revelations that Harley needs to lean from The Black Book of Love!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Synthbuttrange posted:

because they think they're getting Joaquin Phoenix, not a troll with green hair?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

I give them what, two issues to explore the ex-girlfriend angle and she ends up dead? This just seems terrible and short term.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"Okay people are finally sick of the Joker and Harley because they realize it's a super hosed up and toxic relationship and not one that should be glamorized.

So let's give them a NEW Harley Quinn!"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Harley is super popular right now. Let's make more of those.
Just a reminder that Batman White Knight had two Harley Quinns in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of the Injustice comics ends with there being two Harleys.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
We'll always have Punch and Jewelee.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Are the Harley's in the solo book and Suicide Squad supposed to be the same person in current continuity?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tynion's Batman is good so far, so I'm trusting him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Thranguy posted:

Are the Harley's in the solo book and Suicide Squad supposed to be the same person in current continuity?

Solo is separate. Or at least, it has been for a long while unless something changed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

Harley is super popular right now. Let's make more of those.
Just a reminder that Batman White Knight had two Harley Quinns in it.

*Harleys Quinn

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

BrianWilly posted:

I don't know that it's necessarily a sinister thing. Could simply be that Wally is being used as a narrative figure to suss out and explain the new state of the metaverse, not that he's some sort of cosmic threat to it.

I live in hope, or whatever.

I mean, what's the worst he can do, make Donna Troy more complicated?

When was the last time the character described like that was anything but a misguided bad guy?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tynion's Batman is good so far, so I'm trusting him.

I miss his Bat-team run on Detective.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

When was the last time the character described like that was anything but a misguided bad guy?

Franklin Richards I guess, sometimes the Molecule Man. I sort of forget the mechanics of how Secret Wars' resolution shook out but the narrative generally treated the recreated universe as positive.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I miss his Bat-team run on Detective.

Clayface :unsmith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah. That gave us the best scene why Cass should inherit the mantle over, like, anybody.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

One of the Injustice comics ends with there being two Harleys.

Imagine four Harley's on the edge of a cliff...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Punchline looks like one of those henchmen that Joker had on TAS, am I remembering that wrong? Like they were twins and didn't talk.

e; The Dee Dee twins! But looking them up they're way different then I remember

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Punchline is a terrible name. Instead Joker should have a boyfriend called Straight Man.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Punchline is a terrible name. Instead Joker should have a boyfriend called Straight Man.

Punchline seems like the name of someone who wants to take down the Joker or take over their legacy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

but in the end she was just a punchline

send me my loving cheque DC

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Superman Heroes has some cute stuff in it this week. A great use of Booster Gold.

I have liked him revealing his identity so much more than I expected.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I feel like that's a good story narrative hook and I enjoy seeing it executed well. I am super not a JMS fan but I thought Peter Parker going public was a great little period for the Spidey books.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

How Wonderful! posted:

I feel like that's a good story narrative hook and I enjoy seeing it executed well. I am super not a JMS fan but I thought Peter Parker going public was a great little period for the Spidey books.

Lmao Bendis' run is him doing the spidey marriage and reveal, but CORRECTLY.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Superman Heroes has some cute stuff in it this week. A great use of Booster Gold.

I have liked him revealing his identity so much more than I expected.

The one thing I didn't like was the 2-pager of hero reactions. Mister Terrific just being really loving weird for one. Also the Odyssey team suddenly being there for some reason.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

The one thing I didn't like was the 2-pager of hero reactions. Mister Terrific just being really loving weird for one. Also the Odyssey team suddenly being there for some reason.

Well you can't do a anthology book without filler.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Xelkelvos posted:

It gave me some severe flashbacks to Bendis doing similar schtick in his Marvel runs with equally randomly chosen kinda weirdly out of character bits

I'll be honest I haven't fuxxed with Superman comics in a while and after reading this issue it's convinced me to... pick up Fraction's Jimmy Olsen

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'll be honest I haven't fuxxed with Superman comics in a while and after reading this issue it's convinced me to... pick up Fraction's Jimmy Olsen

I mean, if you are only going to read one Superman title might as well pick the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao Bendis' run is him doing the spidey marriage and reveal, but CORRECTLY.

And if he still manages to gently caress it up (reader backlash, poor public reception) some cosmic level deity like the Spectre can just hand-wave everything back to status quo, with everyone getting a good chuckle at thinking Clark is Superman, only with a not-so-sure look creasing their forehead afterwards.