Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC jon moxley vs Minoru Suzuki, NJPW New Beginning Feb 9th

gently caress yeah, seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Don't think either will need it at this point but HM for both Takahashi/Lee and Moxley/Ambrose.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Didn't expect this one to be this good but it WAS. Nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

Hmmm. This is a tough call but I think I will get caught up in the moment & say MOTYC, yeah.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

Mox and MiSu are the two craziest bastards in all of wrestling

OH gently caress YES

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

Great start, went a little long and sagged in the middle but the last few minutes were fantastic, even if the blood was horrifying.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
MOTYC
NEVER Openweight Championship - Hirooki Goto (c) vs Shingo Takagi [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/1]
RevPro British Heavyweight Championship - Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs Will Ospreay [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/2]
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Ryu Lee [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]
IWGP United States Championship - Jon Moxley (c) vs Minoru Suzuki [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]
IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships - Tetsuya Naito (c) vs KENTA [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]

HM
Kazuchika Okada & Jon Moxley vs Taichi & Minoru Suzuki [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/1]
Tomohiro Ishii vs EVIL [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/1]
Jon Moxley, SHO, YOH, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Suzuki-Gun [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/2]
Kazuchika Okada vs Taichi [NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2/2]
NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship - Los Ingobernables de Japon (c) vs Chaos [NJPW Road to the New Beginning, 2/6]
Jay White vs SANADA [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]

this was a good tour.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

Great start, went a little long and sagged in the middle but the last few minutes were fantastic, even if the blood was horrifying.

2nd this.

If I could change one thing about New Japan I'd like to see them do 5 minutes less in most of their big matches. There doesn't need to be so many matches going over 20 minutes.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

2nd this.

If I could change one thing about New Japan I'd like to see them do 5 minutes less in most of their big matches. There doesn't need to be so many matches going over 20 minutes.

Yeah, it was OK but didn't need 30 minutes, 3rd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I guess Knife Perv vs Sandal Perv was nothing special, then?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

It went too long, I get angrier with the Skull End the more I see it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Good but not great, and on a card with two legit MOTYs and a heated main event it was easy to get lost in the mix.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. Ryu Lee for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

This THWAK match THWAK absolutely THWAK ruled THWAK and THWAK these THWAK two THWAK are THWAK just THWAK perfect THWAK against THWAK each THWAK other.

Nth. This match was 7 tittyslaps out of 5

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

2nd this.

ROH used to have this problem in the mid-2000s (and maybe still does?), where they'd have these fantastic matches that would end up going 5-10 minutes longer than needed, and often at the expense of losing the flow and upsetting the pacing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TTBF posted:

Moxley/Ambrose.

:thunkher:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Lid posted:

Where can this be seen

Stardom World!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks for the comments y’all. I’d also like to ask how long the NJPW card was, and how long the singles matches went overall. Trying to figure out how much I’m able to catch at the airport - start at the beginning or just check out the important stuff. I also haven’t watched the second half of this week’s Dynamite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

extradite THIS! posted:

Thanks for the comments y’all. I’d also like to ask how long the NJPW card was, and how long the singles matches went overall. Trying to figure out how much I’m able to catch at the airport - start at the beginning or just check out the important stuff

Show went about 4hr15, singles matches started around 2 hrs in I think

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just watch everything from the Dangerous Tekkers match through the Moxley match, should be like an hour or so

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Show went about 4hr15, singles matches started around 2 hrs in I think

That’s a hell of a long show for a non-WK non-Dominion one, huh. Thanks scoopsgal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Thanks for the comments y’all. I’d also like to ask how long the NJPW card was, and how long the singles matches went overall. Trying to figure out how much I’m able to catch at the airport - start at the beginning or just check out the important stuff. I also haven’t watched the second half of this week’s Dynamite

Shortest 4 hour+ show I've seen in a while.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Suzuki vs Moxley! It was like 3 AM. I was really tired.

e: Now I do want to see Jon Moxley vs Dean Ambrose though...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryu Lee, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9

Just HM on this one for me. I was too nervous to really get into it I think.

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9

Holy. poo poo. These guys are crazy and Suzuki's elbows are nasty

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity posted:

HM: El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Roppongi 3K, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryu Lee, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

:stonk:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

Mox and MiSu are the two craziest bastards in all of wrestling

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: Saisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson GCW The Art of War 2/7/2020
HM: Shlak vs Abdullah Kobayashi GCW The Art of War 2/7/2020

Jerusalem posted:

nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Will nth Dragon Lee vs Hiromu for MOTYC and Mox/Suzuki and KENTA/Naito for HM.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Will nth Dragon Lee vs Hiromu for MOTYC and Mox/Suzuki and KENTA/Naito for HM.

Nth these.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gently caress, I just realized I said Saisuke Sekimoto in that original post instead of Daisuke Sekimoto.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TTBF posted:

Don't think either will need it at this point but HM for both Takahashi/Lee and Moxley/Ambrose.

I'm also going HM on both. Two unbelievably good and completely different matches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Ryu Lee vs Hiromu Takahashi
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Minoru Suzuki
HM: Naito vs KENTA

All from New Beginning in Osaka. Fun show from top to bottom too

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Arez & Keyra vs. Big Mami & Nino Hamburguesa vs. Dinastia & Vanilla vs. Lady Maravilla & Villano III Jr. (c), AAA World Mixed Tag Team, AAA on Twitch 1/25 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/541905769?t=00h21m05s

This is quite possibly the best mixed tag I've ever seen. This is lots of fun - Mami & Hamburguesa are the great cult heroes we need and they got put on Kiss Cam until those JERKS STRONGHEARTS RAN IN, Lady Maravilla is still a great heel, and everyone not named Villano III Jr. stood out. This was closer to a MOTYC for me than I thought it'd be.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: Matt Tremont vs. Ryuji Ito - GCW Ready to Die 2/4

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Ryu Lee [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]
IWGP United States Championship - Jon Moxley (c) vs Minoru Suzuki [NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 2/9]

Finally watching this show and n'thing these. My goodness Moxley and Minoru have ridiculous chemistry. I don't think even Kenny brought out Moxley's best like Suzuki did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11/2
All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series
Korakuen Hall
AJPW Jr Heavyweight Title
Susumu Yokosuka (c) vs Francesco Akira

Really good and as predicted, Akira came out elevated.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 11, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

gently caress, I just realized I said Saisuke Sekimoto in that original post instead of Daisuke Sekimoto.

I've corrected it in my records to Daisuke, you might want to edit your OP in case it gets quoted again?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Jurassic Express vs. The Dark Order - AEW Dark 2/11

Real fun match, Marko and Jungle Boy work great together and Jungle Boy is gonna be a giant loving star.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Real fun match, Marko and Jungle Boy work great together and Jungle Boy is gonna be a giant loving star.

ye

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nearly forgot to nominate this because the second it ended I went right to sleep.

HM
11/2
All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series Night 1
Korakuen Hall
Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyohara (c) vs Yuma Aoyagi

Disappointing by the standards of Kento title defences but still a good match. Will say the build to it over the last tour probably ended up with me having higher expectations than was fair.

The show in whole was not a must see and the Tag title match was a let down (I tweeted at the start that Irie & Steele looked like a fun tag team & then almost immediately it devolved into a fuckton of interference which was not what you want in a Violent Giants match). The All Asia Tag match was better. Other match worth watching was the JIN vs Purple Haze 6 man tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: IMPACT! Wrestling Feb 11, 2020 - Taya Valkyrie vs Jordynne Grace

some dubious emoting and finishing moves were not treated as big deals at all but i bought some of those false finishes. not proud that i watched IMPACT again, the show vacillates between kinda fun and boring. bring a book