Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

If she dies I will be extremely upset.

One finger curls on the monkey’s paw as Miruko gets Noumu’ed

I think all that’s guaranteed is she is about to job very hard to Shigaraki if she doesn’t immediately bail for backup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheKingofSprings posted:

One finger curls on the monkey’s paw as Miruko gets Noumu’ed

I think all that’s guaranteed is she is about to job very hard to Shigaraki if she doesn’t immediately bail for backup

Her entire shtick is that she's a loner hero so she's probably gonna die or lose badly to tell us the importance of teamwork.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sunday, Viz updates. Official chapter out.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The chapter's up on the ap.
R.I.P. Johnny. Your walk is finally over. :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Mirko is so loving cool.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Mirko is so loving cool.

:same:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Boy howdy, there's some great angles on Miruko this chapter

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Listen, I am prepared for character deaths, but that was too far.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Same

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
At this rate, some hero is going to scare Dr. Shiga so hard that he just drops dead on the spot.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

Mirko is so loving cool.

gently caress yeah.

Also gently caress yeah.
What a great chapter. I think maybe I just like the hero designs more than the villain designs - Its always fun for me to see the heroes spring into action.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

At this rate, some hero is going to scare Dr. Shiga so hard that he just drops dead on the spot.

It'll happen when he meets the most terrifying hero of all: Wash.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

It'll happen when he meets the most terrifying hero of all: Wash.

Wouldn't you be terrified of being stuck in a washing machine until you repented for all of your misdeeds?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I finally caught up with Vigilantes and was curious about something, is this supposed to be a prequel to MHA or just a side story taking place in the same universe?

Also they really need to make an anime out of this series one day.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

So I finally caught up with Vigilantes and was curious about something, is this supposed to be a prequel to MHA or just a side story taking place in the same universe?

Also they really need to make an anime out of this series one day.

It takes place an unspecified number of years before the main series. After All Might's injury, before Aizawa becomes a teacher.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I never cease to be surprised at how proactive the heroes are in this series.

Every time the villains do anything, the heroes are almost immediately on that and stopping things.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Could someone explain what the doctor is talking about Aizawa's Erasure quick when his clone is melting away? Are the nomus twice clones as well or is he talking about himself? The official translation seems a bit jumbled there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Makes enough sense to me. His Erasure can nullify the Quirk of any clones, but it doesn't get rid of the clones themselves. Presumably he could do so by using it on Twice directly, though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Dragonatrix posted:

His Erasure can nullify the Quirk of any clones, but it doesn't get rid of the clones themselves. Presumably he could do so by using it quirk on Twice directly, though.

That, or if he used Erasure on Jin Prime, he wouldn't be able to make any more clones, but any existing clones would still exist. One of the weird few examples where Aizawa's Quirk is actually not that great, aside from people with physical Quirks.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Boy, both Vigilantes and the main series are ending on some stressful panels

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desperate Character posted:

Could someone explain what the doctor is talking about Aizawa's Erasure quick when his clone is melting away? Are the nomus twice clones as well or is he talking about himself? The official translation seems a bit jumbled there.

He's saying that Aizawa's erasure quirk doesn't destroy Twice's clones. We already knew that from when he fought a Dabi clone though.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I just read the chapter and...

Fat and Useless posted:

:same:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I love Dr. Warcrimes swings between gently caress poo poo OH GOD and trying to be smug

poo poo ITS THE HEROES oh haha you didnt know i was a clone you idiots time to make my grand escaOH poo poo OH gently caress OH--

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rannum posted:

I love Dr. Warcrimes swings between gently caress poo poo OH GOD and trying to be smug

poo poo ITS THE HEROES oh haha you didnt know i was a clone you idiots time to make my grand escaOH poo poo OH gently caress OH--

This is a very good chapter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

... Johnny Walker.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I figured the Doc might be a Twice clone but the real him was still in the same hospital, just in the basement? Come on man that's barely a deterrent

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Thinking about Twice's quirk a bit, uh was there any clarification about what happens if Twice clones himself, Twice-clone clones someone else and then someone, ummmm "dispels" Twice-clone? The clones have pretty solid amount of durability and independence, so there is possibility the clone Twice-clone made would remain functional, which would be pretty drat busted. (Well, even more than Twice already is)

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Half of Dracula posted:

I figured the Doc might be a Twice clone but the real him was still in the same hospital, just in the basement? Come on man that's barely a deterrent

The difference from being 5 floors up from your teleportation device and being one hallway away is pretty big. But when you're dealing with supers like Miruko I suppose you still need a different sense of scale.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God, all those pages of Mirko just wrecking everything and loving life. She's so loving cool, god drat.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Lt. Lizard posted:

Thinking about Twice's quirk a bit, uh was there any clarification about what happens if Twice clones himself, Twice-clone clones someone else and then someone, ummmm "dispels" Twice-clone? The clones have pretty solid amount of durability and independence, so there is possibility the clone Twice-clone made would remain functional, which would be pretty drat busted. (Well, even more than Twice already is)

Twice himself at least seems to think a clone could continue to exist without the one who created them. After all, he was paranoid that he might be just a clone and original Jin was already dead. It seems likely that a clone created by a clone would remain after the first clone was destroyed.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
why the hell are rabbits such a popular superhero motif with japan

is this all that moon rabbit's fault??

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

why the hell are rabbits such a popular superhero motif with japan

is this all that moon rabbit's fault??

... Now that you mention it, rabbits were a part of the WW2 thing that seems to be a motif here with Daruma's name and all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckunoshima

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Fat and Useless posted:

She's got to live, so that Deku can become her sidekick as his first professional gig and they can be Rabbitwoman and Rabbitboy. I want to dream!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm taking the centrist approach: She'll get badly hurt, but it's survivable and recoverable from, she'll just need to get a hospital stay and maybe a few weeks in a cast or the like.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Half of Dracula posted:

The point of the whole thing wasn't to be an anti-hero decoy, it was to allow the doctor to continue his normal "legit" operations while also devoting all of his time to modifying Shigaraki. The fact that the clone basically shat itself in terror the moment the heroes showed up pretty much confirms that both the doctor and the decoy weren't really expecting the heroes to figure him out, which is understandable given that he's been doing what he's doing for what seems like decades without anyone having a clue.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Given his quirk, I wonder how long the doctor has been with All For One.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I never cease to be surprised at how proactive the heroes are in this series.

Every time the villains do anything, the heroes are almost immediately on that and stopping things.

Same, it's nice that they tend to not take half measures. It's nice to have things like Eraserhead not taking their intel as face value, he hit the doctor with his canceling just in case. Or how easy it'd be for Miroko to be shown as a hot head but she's keeping in contact with the team and her bursting ahead was probably planned around because hey, she's been a solo hero for a reason and can mostly handle herself while clearing a path for hte heroes not focusing on evac. It also makes when they do lose have more weight, I think. The raid way back went mostly effortlessly and then All For One happened

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

She's got to live, so that Deku can become her sidekick as his first professional gig and they can be Rabbitwoman and Rabbitboy. I want to dream!
Just look at those legs! Izuku could learn a lot about literally kicking rear end from a lady like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Just look at those legs! Izuku could learn a lot about literally kicking rear end from a lady like her.

Actually, that'd be really rad. I hope it happens.