Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

That was a fantastic finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You are not alone.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm glad the fight finished just as I was starting to think the whole thing was starting to drag too long. The part at the end of the chapter was really touching. :3:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Excellent boss battle.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I honestly figured the trick was going to be Cap.Captialism giving the device the next command as he dove past it. But then I realized it probably can't take new commands till it's finished with the current blast.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

That was quite a fight. I'm looking forward to seeing the resolution of everything now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So why was he able to transmit the voice command now and not before? Clarity?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Proximity. Did you notice that every time Ibara used it he held that thing right up to his lips?

Big Conjecture: I bet it's reading the sound through air vibrations and tuned to expect them from extremely close to prevent something setting it off from a distance through volume.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mr. Fowl posted:

So why was he able to transmit the voice command now and not before? Clarity?

A lovely stone age tech speaker across a room from the medusa is likely a lot less effective than a lovely stone age communicator literally attached to the medusa.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hey how you doin' lil' Medusa lemme whisper in ya ear

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter is out

Now, I like you Dr. Stone, but lets not go REALLY stupid here.

edit: should really of gotten a link: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006278

bondster fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 9, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dr. Stone is good.

Darned good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
.....Whut

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yeah, what?

It's puzzling but I really like this development, I want to see what they do with it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ah time for the Dark Senku arc

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I am a shadow, the true self.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

First non-crazy evil duplicate clone theory would be that it's an AI and is just simulating Senku's voice.

But then why the panel of a totally supposed to be Palpatine Senku...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Please remember that this is the same speaker that fooled everyone into thinking Gen was a kawaii American woman. The quality isn’t that great.

The Evil Senkuu panel was probably portraying their mental image.

At first I was thinking Dark Senkuu was a descendent of Byakuya, but he knows the exact diameter of the Earth. Could you derive that number using math? Or does it imply that Why-man really is from the old world?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Please remember that this is the same speaker that fooled everyone into thinking Gen was a kawaii American woman. The quality isn’t that great.

At first I was thinking Dark Senkuu was a descendent of Byakuya, but he knows the exact diameter of the Earth. Could you derive that number using math? Or does it imply that Why-man really is from the old world?

Yes you could derive that number using math.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Vengarr posted:

It's worth remembering that Byakuya isn't Senku's biological father. So the speaker is likely Senku's biodad. I mean did anyone really think that vague incest is the only reason for that?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Vengarr posted:

The greeks got a pretty accurate measurement of the circumference of the earth just by watching ships appearing over the horizon

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Please remember that Senku was using the backpack radio quite a lot, so that's a good way to gather samples for voice synthesis and give away their knowledge about the petrification device.

Nobody thought it sounded like Senku when it was just "WHY".

-e-
Because it was just Morse :doh:

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 10, 2020

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Could you derive that number using math?

Erastothenes did that before 190 BC! :science:

It would be a relatively straightforward calculation even in the Dr. Stone world provided you knew how to do it.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Never understood how flat Earth theory became a thing when this question was solved 2000 years ago by a bunch of different societies.

It seems since the WHYs guys have no problem stoning the whole Earth, they must be somehow HQ'd in space (meaning we'll have a rocket ship building arc!).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's weird how they try this though. The why guys are very interesting.
I also loved how Senkuu just slowly built up society again. I wonder if and when they'll u freeze Moz and Hyoga

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hyoga seems like a possibility, since he made the decision to defend Senku and friends in extremis when he could have very easily have sold them up the river much more safely.

Moz never showed any hint of loyalty to the protagonists and was 100% petty and self-motivated in the extreme, so he's probably less likely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Hyoga seems like a possibility, since he made the decision to defend Senku and friends in extremis when he could have very easily have sold them up the river much more safely.

Moz never showed any hint of loyalty to the protagonists and was 100% petty and self-motivated in the extreme, so he's probably less likely.

That of course means that Senku is totally going to unfreeze him for Reasons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

Yeah dudes this is the same series that made a sulfuric acid pool into a sexy skeleton lady

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth TNT posted:

It's weird how they try this though. The why guys are very interesting.
I also loved how Senkuu just slowly built up society again. I wonder if and when they'll u freeze Moz and Hyoga

Most likely. I don't think leaving a statue as-is is something Senku wants to do, he's very much against violence with permanent effects (he's seemingly completely fine with violence otherwise, this is a shonen after all) and leaving someone petrified is no different from killing them, plus Senku knows he can get use out of pretty much anyone and probably already has plans in store to get Moz to their side.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

everyone wondering about moz and when poo poo really hits the fan it's ibara we're going to turn to

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I peed my pants a bit at ”12,800,000 meters. One second.”

drat that was cool.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sub Harrison posted:

Never understood how flat Earth theory became a thing when this question was solved 2000 years ago by a bunch of different societies.

It seems since the WHYs guys have no problem stoning the whole Earth, they must be somehow HQ'd in space (meaning we'll have a rocket ship building arc!).

It was a myth popularized in the Victorian Era (and maybe the Renaissance?) to make the medieval era look dumber.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The most important thing from this chapter is seeing that everyone lost their stone marks.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

God i hope gen draws his back on

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Patware posted:

God i hope gen draws his back on

I am ten billion percent sure he will.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He kept his discoloured hair at the very least.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Maybe it's a rogue AI or something.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I peed my pants a bit at ”12,800,000 meters. One second.”

drat that was cool.

:same: This is a great set-up for the next part of the story. There's also a lot of clean-up to take place.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Most likely. I don't think leaving a statue as-is is something Senku wants to do, he's very much against violence with permanent effects (he's seemingly completely fine with violence otherwise, this is a shonen after all) and leaving someone petrified is no different from killing them, plus Senku knows he can get use out of pretty much anyone and probably already has plans in store to get Moz to their side.

Leaving someone petrified is absolutely different from killing them. Senku makes the decision to leave people petrified temporarily in this very chapter, for reasons of necessity and survival.

He wouldn't leave Moz or Ibara locked in Stone Prison for all eternity because that's not his thing, but it would be extremely sensible for him to leave Moz and Ibara petrified until they're in a position to ensure that they can't gently caress everyone over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know coincidences don't exist, but is it possible for it to be someone who sounds similar to Senku?