Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Borrovan posted:

Wait is this a thing?? I just saw a squirrel, is that also a thing??

Only if the squirrel is being threatened by a politician. Also acceptable are foxes near airports, or crisps with correct flavours.

e: 36 is a number

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

That's a good idea actually!

Unfortunately this is an application form, not a CV, and they just want a chronological list starting with the most recent, which is why I'm hesitant about the first thing they see being 'minimum wage poo poo job' rather than the '5 years experience in related field' below it

They might be reading it in reverse chronological order.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
In TYOOL 2020, with the gig economy running rife, gently caress anyone who asks for a 'complete' list of everywhere you have ever worked ever. Nobody is actually going to read that poo poo anyway, you're just trying to get past the bullshit computerised HR filter to hopefully get an actual interview. At which point you can wax lyrical about the wonders of menial work showing your intestinal fortitude and go getter spirit if you really want to.

As you don't need to cover a gap, personally my inclination would be to leave it off and only include relevant jobs. Most studies say a recruiter looks at a CV for an average of only 6 seconds, so try to make them six relevant seconds.

Storm news: The sign blew off my local cinema. Strong start to Brexit and making our own way in the world when the Empire cinema becomes an Empi Cinema.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/driscolltheque/status/1226254944048734210

A thread well worth clicking through, and yet another entry for my list of "Businesses in London that have something deeply odd about them within walking distance of intelligence agency HQs"

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Is the storm still making GBS threads things up over there? I'm flying to Liverpool in a couple of hours and geneva airport is bedlam with uni ladsladslads skiers whose flights were cancelled.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

They might be reading it in reverse chronological order.

No human being is reading that form. It will be scanned for keywords and if it matches one of them than maybe someone in HR might deign to glance at your CV.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

StarkingBarfish posted:

Is the storm still making GBS threads things up over there? I'm flying to Liverpool in a couple of hours and geneva airport is bedlam with uni ladsladslads skiers whose flights were cancelled.

The worst of it has passed but there are hundreds of planes in the wrong place* so there are going to be delays across northern Europe for at least another 24 hours.

*you'd think they'd remember to put the handbrakes on :dadjoke:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

A thread well worth clicking through, and yet another entry for my list of "Businesses in London that have something deeply odd about them within walking distance of intelligence agency HQs"

Why do I never stumble across crowleyan sex cults?

I already have a robe and everything!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No human being is reading that form. It will be scanned for keywords and if it matches one of them than maybe someone in HR might deign to glance at your CV.

Well yeah but job hunting is discouraging enough as is, I don't want to give the game away.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The worst of it has passed but there are hundreds of planes in the wrong place* so there are going to be delays across northern Europe for at least another 24 hours.

*you'd think they'd remember to put the handbrakes on :dadjoke:

According to flight radar mine is chilling in Liverpool.

E: aaaand delayed. Only by 20mins tho. For now. I get to hear more classic bants from the boys.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

OwlFancier posted:

Well yeah but job hunting is discouraging enough as is, I don't want to give the game away.

Oh god drat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh god drat

The unfortunate reality is that a lot of places use absolute bullshit automated screening now and that's why they use those application forms, to automate it.

You might still get a chance but it's grossly unfair and something that I don't think is gonna be sustainable in the long run, people waste so much time just applying for jobs, and of course it's unpaid. But it's in a response to the amount of underemployment, people can be made to put that time in out of desperation, our whole economy runs on that now.

Hang on to any job you have for grim death, and pray something pushes the whole rotten stack of poo poo in.

When I posted that thing a few months ago about the co-op rejecting me for not being maximally enthusiastic about working in a profit making environment? That was automated, nobody ever looked at my application and I spent a couple of hours filling it out.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Unlikely to be standard/mainstream OTO, they don't usually wear daggers and are ranked in degrees not levels.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Adds "magickal sex cults" column to ukmt_expertise.xls

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

God help anyone living in Sheffield, I just drove through and it was like the End of Days, but with a 40mph variable speed limit.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Yorkshire has been like that all day except around 11am when it was nice and sunny for about an hour.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Miftan posted:

Yorkshire has been like that all day except around 11am when it was nice and sunny for about an hour.

The Jose of the storm

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
They've started running car ferries to the Isle of Wight from Portsmouth and Southampton but not Lymington because that route will get cancelled if the wind gets above 10mph. Still no fastcats out of Southampton, though the fastcat out of Portsmouth to Ryde has been going pretty much all day

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My three-year-old niece sent my mum a video message on Whatsapp and I'm letting you all know for your own safety - a branch fell down. Repeat, a branch is down in a village in Bedfordshire, lying on the pavement.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

My three-year-old niece sent my mum a video message on Whatsapp and I'm letting you all know for your own safety - a branch fell down. Repeat, a branch is down in a village in Bedfordshire, lying on the pavement.

It's been chaos out there. I saw a man tut at another man in Asda car park because he left his trolley in an empty parking bay where it might have blown over.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

mrpwase posted:

God help anyone living in Sheffield, I just drove through and it was like the End of Days, but with a 40mph variable speed limit.

Did you see a crucified Arnold Schwarzenegger? If so, you probably should have helped him down so he can go kill the Devil.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

This just seems like an intentional leak to see what the public response is.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

Adds "magickal sex cults" column to ukmt_expertise.xls

*Her five dread Eyes open all at once*

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Did you see a crucified Arnold Schwarzenegger? If so, you probably should have helped him down so he can go kill the Devil.

Mate, I was that Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
According to Facebook shits falling off buildings left right and centre. The tv aerial in my block is perpendicular now and roofing felt is on the floor.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Random thought - recent bastions of leftism Ireland, Spain and Portugal. All neutral during WW2. Did they just skip the Baby Boom that's loving over everyone else?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No raa raa we won world war 2 ergo everything we do is right.

World war 2 was a massive exercise in nationalist propaganda, it has repercussions down the line.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

*Her five dread Eyes open all at once*

Five Eyes, you say?

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/majhanlaurence/status/1226537271739977728?s=19

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

presumably you needs air transport and/or refrigerated ships to get lettuce to Malaysia in an even vaguely edible form? That's probably fine, I mean the planet can take one more for the team to make sure some ponyfucker isn't inconvenienced by us TAKING BACK CONTROL.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Supposedly they're sending them to malaysia to make KFC coleslaw.

Also tbf I can't think of anything better to do with cabbages they're mank.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Cabbages are great. You can grow them in some form all year round, they'll keep for ages in the fridge, and they're pretty versatile for a brassica - you can boil 'em, stir fry 'em, make colcannon, all sorts of slaws, and a few other raw uses.

But yeah they are pretty mank.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not see the point of the cabbage when you have the far superior sprout.

Slaw is also mank. Who wants to eat raw veg in spunk?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1225701489357840384

Hedges is a loving master of the art - some of the replies here are amazing.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Malaysian Minister of Trade, May 10th 2022: posted:

We import two-thirds of our grim takeaway coleslaw... That is a disgrace

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

I do not see the point of the cabbage when you have the far superior sprout.
Not in summer you don't.

Unless, like, you go to a shop or something. If that's an option cabbages are a bit poo poo, I've just got a lot of respect for them as a vegetable is all.

& slaw's great stuff, you can leave the spunk if you like, knock something up with just a bit of white wine vinegar & some herbs or something, great poo poo in a burger. But who tf doesn't like mayonnaise, it's just delicious fat ffs

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I dunno if it's a symptom of the coronavirus I'm definitely dying of, or just the weird suggestibility of the human mind*, but I just did a piss and it smelt exactly like boiled cabbage/sprouts water.

* I mean it's pretty unlikely I can smell anything at all, given my entire upper respiratory tract is made of semi-set concrete because, like I say, dying of coronavirus here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Me I don't like mayonnaise, or at least I've never felt the need to add it to anything. You can eat it sure but it's like... It's like cornflour, it's something you add to a food because it serves a structural function, like if your sandwich is too dry you might put some on (though I prefer salad cream) but just making a bucket of the poo poo and putting stuff in it? Absolutely not. Unless it's cheese and onion or prawn cocktail cos those have a lot of flavour. This may be related to my time doing bulk food sales and having to lug literal buckets of shelf stable mayonnaise around.

Also don't like lettuce tbh, or any of the crunchy raw veg types, celery etc, bell peppers, they all just taste of basically nothing but faintly unpleasant.

Cheese and onion strong enough that nobody will go near you for the rest of the day ho yes. Burger relish is good too.

I wonder if someone made an onion that tastes like garlic? If we're leaving the EU I want GMO garlic onions by the end of the loving year.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 9, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

OwlFancier posted:

Me I don't like mayonnaise, or at least I've never felt the need to add it to anything. You can eat it sure but it's like... It's like cornflour, it's something you add to a food because it serves a structural function, like if your sandwich is too dry you might put some on (though I prefer salad cream) but just making a bucket of the poo poo and putting stuff in it? Absolutely not. Unless it's cheese and onion or prawn cocktail cos those have a lot of flavour. This may be related to my time doing bulk food sales and having to lug literal buckets of shelf stable mayonnaise around.

Also don't like lettuce tbh, or any of the crunchy raw veg types, celery etc, bell peppers, they all just taste of basically nothing but faintly unpleasant.

Cheese and onion strong enough that nobody will go near you for the rest of the day ho yes. Burger relish is good too.

I wonder if someone made an onion that tastes like garlic? If we're leaving the EU I want GMO garlic onions by the end of the loving year.

Look at this non-mayo aioli virgin and laugh

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_tricoccum

Soon to be chlorine washed and brought to you from West Virginia by Trump's trade deal!

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

S rank vegetables: Garlic, sprouts, cauliflower, onions, potato.
A rank: carrots, white turnip, mushy peas, mushrooms.
B rank: swede, cooked tomato, green beans, asparagus, normal peas.
Mank: everything else. Except stuff I've forgot cos I rarely eat it.

feedmegin posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_tricoccum

Soon to be chlorine washed and brought to you from West Virginia by Trump's trade deal!

I might actually eat that even if I get some horrible yank disease from it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 9, 2020