Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

triple sulk posted:

remember when idiots in this forum posted about pete as if he was good
yes as one of them, we posted before anyone knew of his long history :negative:

uber_stoat posted:

it's pretty good and cool the way they are rigging the election against the most popular politician in the country. and they're doing it in the most obvious ham-handed way you could ever do it so that everyone knows about it. Bernie's supporters will definitely not be turned off the democratic party for the rest of their lives by this outcome. very smart and far sighted, just the kind of sharp tactics you expect from the DNC.
they don't care about getting elected, they care about getting little nibbles from billionaire childfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Before man was, the Iowa caucuses waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The only thing we knew about Buttigieg back then was his high school essay on his personal idol, Bernie Sanders.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/past-winning-essays/2000-winning-essay-by-peter-buttigieg

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
"America is not a young land, it is old and dirty and evil. Before the settlers, before the Indians... the evil was there... waiting."

Turns out Burroughs was talking about the iowa caucus

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dante80 posted:

The only thing we knew about Buttigieg back then was his high school essay on his personal idol, Bernie Sanders.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/past-winning-essays/2000-winning-essay-by-peter-buttigieg

WHAT is this real? Lmao

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dumb Lowtax posted:

WHAT is this real? Lmao

That is how C-SPAM learned about Butt.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/clevewootson/status/1226650357817921536?s=21

Biden having an all time day

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dante80 posted:

That is how C-SPAM learned about Butt.

Next you're gonna say we're the ones who got him elected mayor

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

triple sulk posted:

remember when idiots in this forum posted about pete as if he was good

lmao, yeah i do. he was lauded as a cool techno mayor with lots of cool urban planning ideas, plus he's gay!!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

there are people who consider themselves "on the left" who bought every line of US state department bullshit about the bolivian elections, but dismiss the obvious full-throated vote fraud in iowa as "conspiracy theory". these people are racist pieces of poo poo and should be driven into the sea.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thoguh posted:

It's a good thing Bernie has millions of people ardently in his corner because this is gonna end up with him having to run independent election monitors at every voting location in every state.

Honest question because I legitimately don't know how this works: what can an independent election monitor actually do? In general, I guess, assuming things are at least a little different on a state-by-state basis. I'd love a reason to believe there's some way to meaningfully push back against election fuckery at this stage.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Next you're gonna say we're the ones who got him elected mayor

I think the goonmeld was pre-occupied back then with renovating oobies dog hous or sth like that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Harrow posted:

Honest question because I legitimately don't know how this works: what can an independent election monitor actually do? In general, I guess, assuming things are at least a little different on a state-by-state basis. I'd love a reason to believe there's some way to meaningfully push back against election fuckery at this stage.

an on-site election monitor can do something like tell their boss about the band of thugs intimidating everyone into voting one way or try to prevent the poll worker from turning away all supporters of one candidate but in general when a government forges vote totals and wont back down when called on it the only alternatives are to scare them into stopping the fraud or force them into stopping the fraud

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
arzy:
https://twitter.com/ninasophia81/status/1226275039294697472
https://twitter.com/chrismeagher/status/1226609538318598144(crowd was 1,800)

anti-arzy:
https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1226677141150060545
we present, you decide

Apraxin has issued a correction as of 03:12 on Feb 10, 2020

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

rudecyrus posted:

Also, you can start arzying if Bernie loses NH, but not before then

somebody tell Bernie

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
now lets see the ol' IDP wriggle their way out of this one

*IDP wriggles their way out by somehow looking even more incompetent*

https://twitter.com/stephenatap/status/1226688527615889410

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Apraxin posted:

arzy:

anti-arzy:
we present, you decide

That makes me think, how many events has each of them held in the last few days? What do their schedules look like? If Bernie is holding more events that might lead to less people at any given event.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

large, young and enthusiastic crowd of extremely bored white people

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lebanon NH is right next to the Dartmouth Medical Center, the largest private healthcare provider in the region

needless to say, there are a lot of people there not too fond of ol' bernie

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Lebanon NH is right next to the Dartmouth Medical Center, the largest private healthcare provider in the region

needless to say, there are a lot of people there not too fond of ol' bernie

Isn't New Hampshire (along with Maine) a pretty CHUDly state?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That makes me think, how many events has each of them held in the last few days? What do their schedules look like? If Bernie is holding more events that might lead to less people at any given event.
The last couple of days they've done five/six each, it's been about the same for everyone I think (except maybe Biden, jfc).

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no way these people aren't grown out of cloning vats

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lol if you think pete's audience isn't like half paid plants

everything about that dude is fake

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't New Hampshire (along with Maine) a pretty CHUDly state?

the southeast is full of tax refugee massholes, the north and southwest is full of ron paul survivalists

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bobtheconqueror posted:

Some of my friends have succdem problems, and it hurts me inside.

They have really petty reasons for disliking Sanders, or they aren't willing to pay enough attention to know what the hell is going on, either in terms of DNC ratfucking or why Bernie can absolutely win the general. I do appear to have convinced the libertarian Yang guy to warm up to Bernie, but mostly because he's "anti-establishment" in a weird way. Think he voted for Lessig in 2016.

I have a hard time explaining things cause to me, Bernie is the obvious choice. He's got good policy, statesman experience, and unmatched integrity. I don't necessarily care about taking down the system or loving the man or whatever. I just want someone with both human loving decency and policy positions to reflect that.

i dont have any irl friends
it owns

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Joementum posted:

IDP: we accidentally had all voting records sent to the incinerator. our attorney says that any further investigation or attempt to change previously declared results would be introducing subjective bias into the caucus process. we understand you are disappointed with some of the issues seen over the past week, and we look forward to rebuilding your trust going forward.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Yinlock posted:

if you throw a piece of cheese onto the stage the bodysuits crumple as the rodents inside rush it

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1226691694285873152
lol

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
if you feel like gazing into the abyss, here's pete's national press director, who's got the (take with a pinch of salt) details on what rallies pete's doing and some idea of the crowd sizes: https://twitter.com/chrismeagher

general opinion of the embed reporters is that bernie and pete are drawing bigger crowds than anyone else by a wide margin, and just eyeballing it you can't say either of them's obviously outdrawing the other

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1226665239078305792?s=20

this actually alleviates my fears somewhat, since i cannot think of a more incompetent team

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/stephenatap/status/1226688527615889410

I’m just waiting for whoever in the republican Iowan state government to indict everyone with power in the IDP with election tampering

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Apraxin posted:

general opinion of the embed reporters is that bernie and pete are drawing bigger crowds than anyone else by a wide margin, and just eyeballing it you can't say either of them's obviously outdrawing the other

weigel was grouching earlier that there are more people from out of state at these rallies than actual NH voters

even Pete's Lebanon rally probably has a contingent of curious people from across the Connecticut River

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Eg, that's more of a Bloomberg schtick. People have been tweeting that all these rallies ate happening close to MA, so expect a whole lot of the crowd coming to see the candidates aren't actually from NH

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
https://twitter.com/Politicalprozac/status/1226663980766244864

laughing extremely hard at this guy with a "your vote counts" icon arguing that it's actually normal for the guy with less votes to win by 17%

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Melissa Watson, the state party's chief financial officer, who was in charge of the boiler room, did not know how to operate a Google Spreadsheet application

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm not convinced mayo pete is even a real person and not like, a robot that decides its every motion based on polls, or maybe a moldy cheese elemental

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

god i don't like pete at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I imagine the Republicans are keeping a close eye on Iowa so, if Pete makes it to the general, they can instantly sink his campaign with evidence that he cheated in Iowa