Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

E2M2 posted:

Is Wargroove basically like middle ages Advanced Wars?

It definitely wants to be, the characters are charming and the close combat strategy is fun, but most of the maps are way too big and it makes 80% of the game kind of a chore

Monkey Ball's not great, either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

E2M2 posted:

Is Wargroove basically like middle ages Advanced War?

Amazon doing a 3 for the price of 2 and thinking of getting that and Monkey Ball and Slay the Spire for around $66

Wargeoove is aggressively boring and fire emblem, which is nothing like advance wars is a better turn strategy game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

E2M2 posted:

Is Wargroove basically like middle ages Advanced War?

Amazon doing a 3 for the price of 2 and thinking of getting that and Monkey Ball and Slay the Spire for around $66

Wargroove is almost literally an Advance Wars reskin.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope they got a new english va for zelda in botw2 or i’m gonna have to do japanese voices

Why would you even consider listening to the dubbed version?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Unfortunately, while Super Monkey Ball is one of the top games for the GameCube, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is quite bad. Be forewarned.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Wargroove is almost literally an Advance Wars reskin.

Except with boring map design and worse AI than 20 year old Game Boy Advance games.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

SeANMcBAY posted:

Except with boring map design and worse AI than 20 year old Game Boy Advance games.

To be fair, that's probably just down to the lack of APCs to relentlessly destroy to the exclusion of all else.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you know you don't have to fake an english accent just because you're a princess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they should use whoever did the smash zelda voice

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like the English BOTW voice acting, including Zelda.:shrug:

I hope she's back. I'm weird and usually like "interesting" choices for Japanese media dubbing though.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 10, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Nintendo should just do like Pokémon and make 2 new games: The adventures of Link and the Legend of Zelda, where you play both sides of the adventure, so the people who want Zelda can have a whole Zelda game, and the people who want Link can play a whole Link game

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a.lo posted:

you know you don't have to fake an english accent just because you're a princess

This is actually false. It's weird but that's just how it is 🤷‍♀️

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

RandomFerret posted:

It definitely wants to be, the characters are charming and the close combat strategy is fun, but most of the maps are way too big and it makes 80% of the game kind of a chore

Monkey Ball's not great, either

Eh, sounds like I should skip everything then and just wawit for a discount on Slay the Spire and Wargroove

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Coming hot off of Trine co-op with a friend, both online and in person. We have beaten all of them together.

Are there any other really good co-op games? They don't necessarily have to be Trine-like. Ideally online, couch co-op would be a bonus but not necessary.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I am looking forward to learning more about the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im a few hours into the witcher 3... trying not to hate the way its movement feels.. i do wanna like this game, there's a lot to like. the character moves like poo poo though! i cant be the only one who thinks that

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

There is an option in the menu that changes how the movement feels. I prefer the alternative personally but you might like it the opposite. Give it a whirl

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
A bit off-topic, but I can't stand people who complain that motion controls in games are "broken" when they work fine and the people don't take time to learn them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Coming hot off of Trine co-op with a friend, both online and in person. We have beaten all of them together.

Are there any other really good co-op games? They don't necessarily have to be Trine-like. Ideally online, couch co-op would be a bonus but not necessary.
Same screen:
Snipperclips
Captain Toad
Death Squared
Rayman Legends
Diablo III
Nine Parchments
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!
Heave Ho
The Stretchers
Overcooked 1 + 2
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Monaco
Luigi's Mansion 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros U / Super Mario Maker 2
All Lego Games, including Lego City
Cuphead (lol)
Broforce
Hammerwatch
Aegis Defenders
Moon Hunters
World of Goo
Unraveled 2
Pode
Human: Fall Flat
No Heroes Here

Split screen:
Fire Emblem Warriors / Hyrule Warriors
Minecraft
Portal Knights
Resident Evil Revelations 2

This isn't including games with minor coop modes like Super Mario Odyssey or the huge amount of ports of old arcade/console games like Metal Slug and most of the ACA Neo Geo games, Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle, Double Dragon/Kunio Kun Collection, NES/SNES Online games, etc.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 10, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

I'm gonna add Think of the Children to the same-screen list above. It's often discounted and while the balance is off for single-player it is great fun in co-op trying to keep all those little shits alive.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I've been enjoying River City Girls for the most part, but I've reached the fashion designer boss, and is it just me, or is there a sudden, insane difficulty spike? I've died almost 10 times already.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The United States posted:

Same screen:
Snipperclips
Captain Toad
Death Squared
Rayman Legends
Diablo III
Nine Parchments
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!
Heave Ho
The Stretchers
Overcooked 1 + 2
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Monaco
Luigi's Mansion 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros U / Super Mario Maker 2
All Lego Games, including Lego City
Cuphead (lol)
Broforce
Hammerwatch
Aegis Defenders
Moon Hunters
World of Goo
Unraveled 2
Pode
Human: Fall Flat
No Heroes Here

Split screen:
Fire Emblem Warriors / Hyrule Warriors
Minecraft
Portal Knights
Resident Evil Revelations 2

This isn't including games with minor coop modes like Super Mario Odyssey or the huge amount of ports of old arcade/console games like Metal Slug and most of the ACA Neo Geo games, Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle, Double Dragon/Kunio Kun Collection, NES/SNES Online games, etc.

Add Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove to these lists!

Edit: also, add Co-optimus as a go-to site for all things co-op, on any platform. Excellent site, great filters for showing you exactly what you're interested in.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But you guys, the 4chan leak from yesterday directly conflicts with the 4chan leak from December?!

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/zelda-breath-of-the-darkness-in-2020-on-nintendo-switch-pro-according-to-rumors/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Len posted:

But you guys, the 4chan leak from yesterday directly conflicts with the 4chan leak from December?!

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/zelda-breath-of-the-darkness-in-2020-on-nintendo-switch-pro-according-to-rumors/

quote:

Furthermore, it is not the first time that the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Darkness (we use this name for now) is being speculated on a new Nintendo console. Fans have indeed noticed that Switch was released along with the first Breath of the Wild, while Lite will be released on the same day as Link’s Awakening. Pro should, therefore, go out with Breath of the Darkness, according to fan logic.

They got some powerful brains over at Spieltimes

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Inu posted:

I've been enjoying River City Girls for the most part, but I've reached the fashion designer boss, and is it just me, or is there a sudden, insane difficulty spike? I've died almost 10 times already.

I felt the same to the point where I stopped playing it. Though when I mentioned it, the responses were basically "she wasn't difficult :shrug: I beat her using a guitar hero controller I played with my feet. Git Gud :smug:"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I let the darkness breathe on me. It's so deep.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm going to keep plugging Killer Queen Black.

It's a perfect coop couch game, or solo online game. It's one of the few games I'll fire up every day.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

No. 6 posted:

I'm going to keep plugging Killer Queen Black.

It's a perfect coop couch game, or solo online game. It's one of the few games I'll fire up every day.

This is a great one, you're right. I am looking for more adventure-like games but this may work for a change of pace.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I have this complete in box. The publishers are actually really aggressive about videos of it on YouTube and my friend who did speedruns of it got so many strikes they couldn't upload lmao

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
"According to fan logic" should be the death blow for any internet theory.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Inu posted:

The boss fights are more a case of pattern recognition than difficulty, they're very formulaic. I beat Misuzu at least on the first try on my second playthrough once I remembered her pattern. The boss in question is more a case of basically surviving until she makes herself vulnerable. Bring healing items.

SeXReX posted:

I have this complete in box. The publishers are actually really aggressive about videos of it on YouTube and my friend who did speedruns of it got so many strikes they couldn't upload lmao

I'm gonna guess because youtube videos would make the 'game' redundant?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SeXReX posted:

How do you speed run quitting smoking? Wallpapering yourself in nicotine patches?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Speedrun smoking would be loving class to watch. Hard mode burn down an entire packet of tabs outside in the wind.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

jackhunter64 posted:

Speedrun smoking would be loving class to watch. Hard mode burn down an entire packet of tabs outside in the wind.

Speed rolling

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jackhunter64 posted:

Okay, so normally we need to grind through each cigarette at a rate of about one per ten minutes over several years. But with this strat we're just gonna caaaarefully hold the entire box's contents in one hand and light them all at the same time to puff away. Repeating this will get us from healthy to cancerous lungs much quicker, but it's very risk-reward on being able to get ourselves healthy from there for the big experience gains in as short amount of time as possible without dying spontaneously from a heart attack.

Aaaand, the diagnosis is inoperably terminal in both lungs. Fantastic, this is just what we want! Normally we'd have to roll dice on the transplant path and see if the RNG decided to find a donor before our HP drain outpaces the medicine and life-support buffs, but there's a quicker path on this route. You see, this is why we kept spending all our social time with that one cousin instead of our friends; They're compatible for transplant organs as a backup in case we screw up on any route we take in this game aaaand we just cleared the social check to get them to offer us a lung. We'll be back on our feet and net some tidy social and EXP boosts out of doing it this way rather than living a healthy life in the same timeframe.

Now you'll notice we haven't picked up a marital partner yet in this run, and rather than mucking about in the dating sidegames, I've been using the limited social time slots to flirt with the attending nurse thanks to the empathy bonuses we get during treatment (and why I waited for the transplant option last after all the other procedures, rather than shooting right for it upon diagnosis)... Aaaand she turned us down, I should've asked BEFORE the surgery instead of after, my bad. Still, we're on life-support so it's easy enough to kill this run instead of shambling on for another 30-40 years trying to recoup the score; Just gonna reach over to pull the plug on the life-support and... there we go, flatline achieved. And that's why I filled out the DNR before surgery.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, so normally we need to grind through each cigarette at a rate of about one per ten minutes over several years. But with this strat we're just gonna caaaarefully hold the entire box's contents in one hand and light them all at the same time to puff away. Repeating this will get us from healthy to cancerous lungs much quicker, but it's very risk-reward on being able to get ourselves healthy from there for the big experience gains in as short amount of time as possible without dying spontaneously from a heart attack.

Aaaand, the diagnosis is inoperably terminal in both lungs. Fantastic, this is just what we want! Normally we'd have to roll dice on the transplant path and see if the RNG decided to find a donor before our HP drain outpaces the medicine and life-support buffs, but there's a quicker path on this route. You see, this is why we kept spending all our social time with that one cousin instead of our friends; They're compatible for transplant organs as a backup in case we screw up on any route we take in this game aaaand we just cleared the social check to get them to offer us a lung. We'll be back on our feet and net some tidy social and EXP boosts out of doing it this way rather than living a healthy life in the same timeframe.

Now you'll notice we haven't picked up a marital partner yet in this run, and rather than mucking about in the dating sidegames, I've been using the limited social time slots to flirt with the attending nurse thanks to the empathy bonuses we get during treatment (and why I waited for the transplant option last after all the other procedures, rather than shooting right for it upon diagnosis)... Aaaand she turned us down, I should've asked BEFORE the surgery instead of after, my bad. Still, we're on life-support so it's easy enough to kill this run instead of shambling on for another 30-40 years trying to recoup the score; Just gonna reach over to pull the plug on the life-support and... there we go, flatline achieved. And that's why I filled out the DNR before surgery.

going a bit grim there, op

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The new BoTW is an homage to Your Name. Link and Zelda will body swap and we can finally call Zelda by the right name.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I've put dozens if not hundreds of hours into Monkey Ball and I can sadly report that Super Monkey Ball 1 is the only one worth your time. Banana Blitz in particular is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Neddy Seagoon posted:

New DLC for Two Point Hospital looking good