Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Splendid posted:

Kiwis (the fruit) aren't even from New Zealand and no one even called them kiwis until New Zealand farmers were like:

"Let's take this Chinese fruit and market the gently caress out of it." :hmmyes:

Yeah my dad used to call them Chinese gooseberries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8

this is dumb as poo poo but I laughed so hard

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum/status/1226586372775071746?s=19

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Paladinus posted:

Does he think all New Zealanders are blokes? The lad's mental!

:hmmyes:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy poo poo.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Was pretty shocked when i realized this was a lady.

It feels like its way more rare to see this kind of performative chuddery from women, but i don't know why. Obviously not the only example, but still.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Women are capable of doing everything a man can do, including plumbing new depths of being terrible.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

reminder: https://politics.theonion.com/yee-haw-my-vote-cancels-out-yalls-1819584076

I think about this article almost every single time I see poo poo like this, which is increasingly often in recent years.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

It's a weird feeling to look at a picture of someone and know that they have nothing as a person that would be of the least interest to me.

Even their horrible views are going to be surface-level copies of someone else's and wafer thin.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Women are capable of doing everything a man can do, including plumbing new depths of being terrible.

In my personal anecdotal experience, most of the hosed up 'un-PC' statements I've heard in person over the last few years were uttered by women. I have no idea why, it's safe to assume that as a demographic group they're less likely to have terrible views than men, but there seems to be less of a barrier to publicly expressing them when they do have them. Again, completely anecdotal and other people probably have different experiences.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just saw the thumbnail on my phone and wondered why she was dressed like Spiderman and why that was a bad thing.

Once I tapped the pic, "Oh yea..."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Was pretty shocked when i realized this was a lady.

It feels like its way more rare to see this kind of performative chuddery from women, but i don't know why. Obviously not the only example, but still.

Wait until you find out that pretty much the entire movement for Confederate statues being built and the whole preserving of the South's history/heritage bullshit thing was conceived and carried out by a group of women (United Daughters of the Confederacy).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Now there's a home with no need for a bookshelf.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Odds that she has ever said some variation of "heritage, not hate": 100%
Odds that she can comprehend the irony: 0.05%

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

"OK, I've set up my bed and my dresser, put up my curtains and have one lovely, literal gay bashing wall decal. Guess after I randomly toss my gun assortment everywhere I'm all set."

Seriously, there's no posters (for her doubtless lovely taste music or movies), no shelves, no books...

This woman is completely devoid of personality outside of the confederate flag. No wonder these losers cling so desperately to their pathetic "heritage". Without that, they are simply empty husks.

The loving walls are even dull and white, just like her.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wish I could get a better look at that chromed gun on the right because I swear that's some cheap $150 gun made of zinc alloy that's notorious for being used exclusively by criminals and old ladies.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Were I to take a wild guess I would say this person has a higher than average chance of being closeted and dealing with self-loathing issues.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MrXmas posted:

Were I to take a wild guess I would say this person has a higher than average chance of being closeted and dealing with self-loathing issues.

Even-odds her day starts and ends with staring intently at that wall decal in bed and vehemently denying to herself that she's not queer in some respect.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
LOL if you think that isn't still a dude in that getup.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Why would you think that?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Paladinus posted:

Why would you think that?

A complete and utter lack of chin and balls does not automatically a woman make.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A complete and utter lack of chin and balls does not automatically a woman make.

Uhm, hello? She has girl guns.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Pull up, thread

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Paladinus posted:

Uhm, hello? She has girl guns.

I don't see any Hello Kitty pink stocks anywhere. :colbert:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

chitoryu12 posted:

I wish I could get a better look at that chromed gun on the right because I swear that's some cheap $150 gun made of zinc alloy that's notorious for being used exclusively by criminals and old ladies.

The Raven is maybe the least offensive thing in the photo, though you could make a case for the innocent drywall

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DoombatINC posted:

The Raven is maybe the least offensive thing in the photo, though you could make a case for the innocent drywall
The drywall is white

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Hey, that picture isn't funny ... :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It is funny because it's a picture of an idiot.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It is funny because it's a picture of an idiot.

Jesus gently caress fine I'll turn on my monitor

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ferrule posted:

Wait until you find out that pretty much the entire movement for Confederate statues being built and the whole preserving of the South's history/heritage bullshit thing was conceived and carried out by a group of women (United Daughters of the Confederacy).

Well, most of the guys didn't make it through the War of Northern Aggression, so who else would do it?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Technically more text than picture, but have a weird old timey sport: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/03/14/octopus-wrestling/

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

So if she had sex on that bed, would it be considered a hate gently caress? :thunk:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

No proud southern man would have Hershey kisses atop their boudoir

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Shankel Magnus posted:

So if she had sex on that bed, would it be considered a hate gently caress? :thunk:

Only if she hates her brothers.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BattyKiara posted:

Technically more text than picture, but have a weird old timey sport: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/03/14/octopus-wrestling/

There’s a Dollop about it too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CzarChasm posted:

"OK, I've set up my bed and my dresser, put up my curtains and have one lovely, literal gay bashing wall decal. Guess after I randomly toss my gun assortment everywhere I'm all set."

Seriously, there's no posters (for her doubtless lovely taste music or movies), no shelves, no books...

This woman is completely devoid of personality outside of the confederate flag. No wonder these losers cling so desperately to their pathetic "heritage". Without that, they are simply empty husks.

The loving walls are even dull and white, just like her.

I really hope you don't cover your walls with posters, op.

Nothing wrong with magnolia walls and one picture. It's a house not a museum (or advert for how much "personality" you have).

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Pretty sure a gay-bashing hatemonger like that wouldn't have a clutch and a purse lying around. But who knows?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Shankel Magnus posted:

Heritage gently caress, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.