Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
And now the VA will help him get the care he needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Casimir Radon posted:

Kids are stressful, or at least that's what I hear, but if you can't handle one toddler and land yourself in the funny farm your next thought probably shouldn't be that you'd be really good at deconflicting aircraft full of hundreds of people.

At least the pilots are legally required to do what you tell them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They can't prove anything unless you got pulled over by the sky police

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Keep your mouth shut until you can talk to your sky lawyer

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

LingcodKilla posted:

That’s what closets are for.

A :kimchi: tale of idiocy:

When my daughter was about 4, I jokingly told some guests "whenever she's bad, I just lock her in the closet for a while. Right, [daughter]?" She picked up on the joke, smiled, and confirmed that I put her in the closet when she misbehaves. Of course I failed to consider that when a 4 year old feels like they're a part of a very funny joke, they'll immediately begin using that joke in an inappropriate manner.

Cue my daughter randomly blurting out things like "my Daddy leaves me in the closet ALL DAY! And he doesn't even put food in there!" to everyone, including one very shocked supermarket cashier. I had to have a long talk about my daughter about why she can't make jokes about domestic abuse any more or the police were going to come take Daddy away.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

shame on an IGA posted:

They can't prove anything unless you got pulled over by the sky police

You do not need to interact with or answer any questions the sky police ask. The supreme court even ruled you don't need a sky license to sky drive in any state if you are only traveling.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Just remind them that you are a Freeman-on-the-sky and ask if you’re being detained or are free to fly away

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Just make sure you're more than 1 nautical mile away from gold fringed clouds or joinder is presupposed and binding.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

You do not need to interact with or answer any questions the sky police ask. The supreme court even ruled you don't need a sky license to sky drive in any state if you are only traveling.

You just know they'd be flying a motley crew of ancient Curtiss Jenny's and the most hosed up, broken-backed, crab-walking (flying?) Cessna 150's. Just dive to the left and you'll be out of their hair in a minute.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

I'm sorry, I'm a sovereign sky citizen and I do not recognize the privileges of the sky "police."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I, too, loved Tail Spin.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bulletsponge13 posted:

I, too, loved Tail Spin.

hahaha

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

hannibal posted:

I'm sorry, I'm a sovereign sky citizen and I do not recognize the privileges of the sky "police."

They stole one of the integral parts of Earth, Wind & Fire and they refuse to give it back :(

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

I, too, loved Tail Spin.

Crimson skies 4lyfe

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Caption on this one was
"When you get married in the briefing room at tech school after knowing each other for 2 months..."

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Thanks, I hate it

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I encourage all the young sailors I work with to get married ASAP, the stories are much better that way when I see them 5 years later on their next tour.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My only hope is kids don't come into the picture before it falls apart

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My navy marriage was a great success all around. Many happy returns.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Then he had a phase where he was claiming to be partially black and was speaking in his idea of Ebonics.

Oh thank god this wasn't just my imagination

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kawasaki Nun posted:

My navy marriage was a great success all around. Many happy returns.

I recommend getting married 15 years before joining to make sure everything will run smoothly.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I recommend not joining the military.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

I recommend getting married 15 years before joining to make sure everything will run smoothly.

I was going to make a joke about that being too young for most Sailors, and while researching the joke, started reading about child marriages :(

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I recommend not joining the military.

It worked out for me, the only child of a senator, who attended a service academy after graduating from VMI, and made O-6 by 40 only to leverage my industry contracts into a quarter million dollar contracting gig that is much easier my old job of providing top cover for sexual misconduct. Clearly the system works and anybody who says otherwise is a malingering fartbama supporter. STOP TREADING ON ME

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

:haw:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lol awesome

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Wanna see an update in 2 years with his stripe back but then sharpied over.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

These always made me laugh

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

One of my Sgts had all 7 PFC promotion patents, 7 Lcpl patents, 7 Corp patents, and 7 Sgt patents hanging up on his wall in the barracks.

It made a hell of an impact.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I always thought of a rear window and each corner had a single mom and kids frowning and one corner had the sailor and yet another family smiling would be legit.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

King of Bees posted:

I always thought of a rear window and each corner had a single mom and kids frowning and one corner had the sailor and yet another family smiling would be legit.

I'm willing to do this if I can find the parts for ten bucks or less.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Man, loss edits are getting real weird.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

NJP's are often harder on the spouse than the service member.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Lance 4 evah

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

NJP's are often harder on the spouse than the service member.

:drat:

Here's some stupid that popped up in the news feed today:

Can't wait to see our ~warfighters~ breaking their necks on these or driving off of cliffs.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Can’t wait for the first DUI on one.

...has it already happened?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

PathAsc posted:

:drat:

Here's some stupid that popped up in the news feed today:

Can't wait to see our ~warfighters~ breaking their necks on these or driving off of cliffs.

Yes sir, we need to order some of these for "testing". No sir, we don't think they'd be any more dangerous than current small group transportation options. Yes sir, we'll keep you updated on how the "testing" progresses.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You imagine falling off that bitch with all your plates in and everything? gently caress that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hope those end up for rent at the MWR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That reminds me that during the cold war the Bundeswehr mulled the idea of a one-man courier heli that was meant to be attached at I think the company commander level and piloted by conscripts and probably would have killed more Germans than Zhukov :lol: