Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like that Mengele here is 100% a coward who tries to talk poo poo but will immediately poo poo himself when things go south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

:3:

Edited Doctor
Dec 17, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

... Johnny Walker.

I love this.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hell, same.

rannum posted:

I love Dr. Warcrimes swings between gently caress poo poo OH GOD and trying to be smug

poo poo ITS THE HEROES oh haha you didnt know i was a clone you idiots time to make my grand escaOH poo poo OH gently caress OH--

He's pretty much Dr. Eggman, and it rules.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Translator trivia: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226576931065188352

I didn't notice at first that Present Mic was creaking his own sunglasses when he started yelling at the doctor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Thinking about Twice's quirk a bit, uh was there any clarification about what happens if Twice clones himself, Twice-clone clones someone else and then someone, ummmm "dispels" Twice-clone? The clones have pretty solid amount of durability and independence, so there is possibility the clone Twice-clone made would remain functional, which would be pretty drat busted. (Well, even more than Twice already is)

I don't think they can be dispelled, they have to "die" by taking enough damage. Otherwise Twice's backstory doesn't make much sense.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is a reason Hawks considers Twice more dangerous than Shigaraki.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know where the new movie is in the plotline? I know Hawks is in but that’s it. Some friends want to go but they’re not even through the new season so I wanted to see if there’d be any big spoilers in it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anyone know where the new movie is in the plotline? I know Hawks is in but that’s it. Some friends want to go but they’re not even through the new season so I wanted to see if there’d be any big spoilers in it

Speaking of which, as I only just got around to watching it recently where does the first MHA movie take place on the series timeline?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The first movie takes place just before Summer Camp, the new movie takes place sometime after the My Villain Academy arc(but apparently doesn't spoil much from what I've heard).

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I really hope My Villain Academy gets a cool intro of the League doing slice of life stuff

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Skypie posted:

I really hope My Villain Academy gets a cool intro of the League doing slice of life stuff

I kind of hope it takes a bunch of sequences from all the different openings but replacing with the Villains and ends with the original everyone posed together scene but with All for One in the centre instead of All Might.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am completely convinced My Villain Academia will be getting its own special OP and ED in the anime (maybe they could even change the logo as well).

Speaking of which, do we have any idea how far into the manga Season 4 is going to go?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Half of endeavors face is mysteriously shrouded in the opening so maybe we get endeavor vs high spec.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Translator trivia: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226576931065188352

I didn't notice at first that Present Mic was creaking his own sunglasses when he started yelling at the doctor.

Just this morning he added a note about the doctor's new name. Kyudai Garaki.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lord_Magmar posted:

I kind of hope it takes a bunch of sequences from all the different openings but replacing with the Villains and ends with the original everyone posed together scene but with All for One in the centre instead of All Might.

The first opening, but with the villains and heroes' positions reversed.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Larryb posted:

I am completely convinced My Villain Academia will be getting its own special OP and ED in the anime (maybe they could even change the logo as well).

Speaking of which, do we have any idea how far into the manga Season 4 is going to go?

Probably the high end fight or the revealing of the top ten. I haven't watched in a few weeks (waiting for the dub) so I'm not sure how many episodes are left.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Larryb posted:

18 169-171 actual: 169-170
19 172-174 actual: 171-172
20 175-177 actual: 173-174
21 178-182
22 183-185
23 186-188
24 189-191
25 192-193

If I had to guess, covers all the ending pictures except Toga ends on the stinger of Deku's Nightmare though that leads into the next arc so it may be saved for next season.

Manga is currently on 260 to compare.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 29, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Just this morning he added a note about the doctor's new name. Kyudai Garaki.

Lol Hori kept the wood theme:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226920450057371648

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

JahRoo posted:

Half of endeavors face is mysteriously shrouded in the opening so maybe we get endeavor vs high spec.

The OP also has his victory pose after that fight...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dr. Fatass Deadtree

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Feels like they'd have to burn through the culture fest/Deku vs Gentle pretty quick to squeeze in the High End fight

e: actually it would be kind of incredible to end the season on the "did Endeavor just get killed on live TV" cliffhanger

Skypie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 10, 2020

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Or have it end with hawks and dabi meeting. That might be a good way to go.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think it’s safe to say that Miruko is one of Horkoshi’s favorites.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The odds of it being a deliberate reference are approximately nil, but every time we see her in action I rethink that Mirko 100% fits the City of Heroes Scrapper archetype. She's a soloist who doesn't team, has a simple powerset of speed/strength/toughness that encourages aggressive melee combat, and has run off on her own leaving her allies behind in search of more nomus to dismember because they're moving too slowly for her.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol Hori kept the wood theme
I wonder if AFO's brother had a wood-themed name, too. Then again, he had a Quirk all along and just couldn't make use of it himself.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Crasical posted:

The odds of it being a deliberate reference are approximately nil, but every time we see her in action I rethink that Mirko 100% fits the City of Heroes Scrapper archetype. She's a soloist who doesn't team, has a simple powerset of speed/strength/toughness that encourages aggressive melee combat, and has run off on her own leaving her allies behind in search of more nomus to dismember because they're moving too slowly for her.

Fat and Useless posted:

If she dies I will be extremely upset.

She can learn a lesson about teamwork but please don't hurt her too bad Shigaraki, pretty please.

Can't wait for the anime thread roller coaster over Endeavor, I'm surprised it didn't start last week. Next week I get to see my good boy Gentle and I'm so very ready for the Gentle Deku fight. If they do fit in the high end fight this back half is going to murder the poor animators.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I just want the rabbit with the *coughs* powerful legs to team up with the kicking protagonist with the stupid demonic bunny costume please don't die dammit

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Crasical posted:

Agreed but Hori did play (plays?) CoH and there have been a number of explicit references. Mha technically takes place in the same universe as CoH.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's sometimes mentioned that there are different archetypes of quirks, like healing/regeneration, strength augmentation, etc.. i wonder if there have ever been examples of two people having the literal same quirk, and if so, were they given unique names just to make them feel more unique?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Are there any rabbit heroes in DC or Marvel that Miruko could be based on? None come to mind immediately.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I just want the rabbit with the *coughs* powerful legs to team up with the kicking protagonist with the stupid demonic bunny costume please don't die dammit

:yeah:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Are there any rabbit heroes in DC or Marvel that Miruko could be based on? None come to mind immediately.

:yeah:
She's based on Mirko Crocop, an MMA fighter. Her overall design is pretty specifically what makes Horikoshi horny. The scanlated character sheet is wrong- the real text is something more akin to "Miruko's designs are a mixture of my likes and preferences. Her name is based on Mirko Crocop"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My two favourite adults in this manga are going to die: Hawks and Mirko, and it sucks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Eej posted:

My two favourite adults in this manga are going to die: Hawks and Mirko, and it sucks.
Aizawa is there so he probably gets to share his plot armor with someone

The problem is that shigaraki is there

So- either Aizawa survives because he's popular and a main cast member and that LIKELY means some people in his vicinity get to live too

Or this is that big Act 3 opener we've talked about and all of the Shirakumo/Eri-dad stuff is Pathos and he's hosed

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Fabricated posted:

Or this is that big Act 3 opener we've talked about and all of the Shirakumo/Eri-dad stuff is Pathos and he's hosed

Please not this :negative:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mirko will not die, she will crush every single nomu and villain and be the last bunny standing and the rest of the manga will be about her teaching 1-A to kick the poo poo out of stuff better.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Aizawa is pretty safe. He's still has things to resolve with Kurogiri/Shirakumo. Or maybe he does die and the doctor turns him into a Nomu-zombie just like his friend.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

Aizawa is there so he probably gets to share his plot armor with someone

The problem is that shigaraki is there

So- either Aizawa survives because he's popular and a main cast member and that LIKELY means some people in his vicinity get to live too

Does he really have plot armor, though? His quirk is a big problem for every fight Hori wants to do, he has to come up with a way to have Aizawa be out of the way or to knock him out of the fight beforehand. Losing Erasure also makes the Eri situation much more urgently needed to be dealt with.

Like we have Shigaraki about to be waken up early here, either Aizawa is gonna be KO'd by a Nomu before they run into him, or Aizawa just erases Shigaraki's new quirks while Endeavor toasts him.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Rhonne posted:

Or maybe he does die and the doctor turns him into a Nomu-zombie just like his friend.

gently caress this is even worse! :negative: :negative: :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mirko is still being a team player, her assigned role is speeding ahead of the others to corner the villain before he can escape, and she clearly knew exactly where to go when she went straight through the morgue like a bettering ram. Although being fair, it's obvious she got that job because she wouldn't put up with hanging around in the foyer with everyone else.