Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Undertaker was loving magnificent in the ring during a surprisingly late period in his career. He was abysmal in his earlier days but had the mystique to cover for it, then he got better but also did a lot of really bad promos and suffered from being on television every week. Then he hit the golden spot where he wasn't around that much and whenever he did show up he had an incredible match. Then he got real old, real broken down, couldn't really go in the ring anymore and it just got sad. Plus he got more outspoken about his personal views which turned out to be pretty loving horrible, which also took away a ton of the goodwill he had built up over the decades.

There's a lot of guys who have been on the WWE payroll who could have been just as good or better if they knew they'd be making main roster money to save their bodies for two thirty minute matches a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He wasn't magnificent ffs sit down

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Smoking Crow posted:

Was taker ever a draw as champion

No, that's why he rarely held the belt.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I was really sad to hear about how lovely he is, a couple years ago I watched a video about how pro wrestling has a unique aspect to its storytelling due to everything happening by necessity in real time and the example he used was about why the streak ending was so monumental for so many people. Part of what he talked about was how he apparently had a reputation for being really supportive to new talent and helping other people get over. As someone who was a fan of his for the brief period I watched wrestling in the early '00s I was happy to hear good stuff about him behind the scenes

Then I heard the rest of the story :smith:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

fatherofmustard posted:

No, that's why he rarely held the belt.

At least in the 90s, he rarely held the belt because it wasn't felt that he needed it to be a draw.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Somebody book Nick Gage v Undertaker in a 'Are Cops Good?' match

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Nick Gage just lost his brother, he doesn't need to get sent to jail for killing an elderly man.

Something something casket match.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"AH DON'T SEE HIM AS THE BEST PURE STRIKER, AH SEE'M AS BEST PURE PIECE'A poo poo!"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1227059074971426818

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ITS FREE loving AUDIO YOU loving TERRIBLE NAME PERSON

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1227082935196672000

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You can always tell who falls for the copy/paste news after it's reported the first time, because the only source for that was Rovert.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

You can always tell who falls for the copy/paste news after it's reported the first time, because the only source for that was Rovert.

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if rovert posted that "scoop" just to get people here, and elsewhere, riled up

ps i know you're reading this rovert you hack

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:mrgw:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

wait, so is this misunderstanding accidental or intentional? is that banned dude seriously trying some dollar-store Tyrion Lannister shenanigans on wrestletwitter

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I knew Rovert was a mentally ill liar weeks ago but I wasn't allowed to talk about it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

The WM matches with HBK were legit very good and also extremely late in his career. He's been dogshit for a while but he was, in fact, good at wrestling for a few years.
they were but also most people could stand there while HBK has a 4* match around them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SRS being good most of the time and then randomly firing out a really stupid take and then defending it to the death is always very weird.

jesus WEP posted:

they were but also most people could stand there while HBK has a 4* match around them

It feels like we got way too little of "not a massive douchebag pillhead but still a god tier wrestler" HBK.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SRS was always one of the dullards who would stir up the idiot NJPW needs to book joshi argument so I don't have time for him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheKingslayer posted:

I knew Rovert was a mentally ill liar weeks ago but I wasn't allowed to talk about it.

When you know the reasons for rovert's tweets you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

When you know the reasons for rovert's tweets you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

He breathes through his scoops?!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rovert might be the most bad faith poster I've ever had to personally deal with.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Quiet you guys, he might see you talking about him and have a meltdown on Twitter again!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Can an entire video and its comments count

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEO2rOtlFc

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Chris Benoit and his family were murdered because they ignored the donation pop-ups on Wikipedia.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Rarity posted:

It will probably dominate wrestling twitter for 3 days.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vandar posted:

Quiet you guys, he might see you talking about him and have a meltdown on Twitter again!
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1227202764226408448

lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can't think of any AEW stories he broke.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rovert needs to learn that he could post the next year of story lines with 100% accuracy but it doesn't change that he's a bad faith, awful, and mentally ill dickhead. Maybe get some help and just enjoy wrestling like a normal person.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But what about the scoops?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Rovert needs to learn that he could post the next year of story lines with 100% accuracy but it doesn't change that he's a bad faith, awful, and mentally ill dickhead. Maybe get some help and just enjoy wrestling like a normal person.

Pretty much. The bad scoops are the easy target, the racist rear end in a top hat is the reason everyone keeps shooting at the easy target.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

SRS was always one of the dullards who would stir up the idiot NJPW needs to book joshi argument so I don't have time for him.

He admitted last time that he really doesn't care and knows his argument is dumb, he just likes stirring up poo poo.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TheKingslayer posted:

Please stop lumping millions of decent mentally ill people in with rovert.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rovert I know you're reading this - get a life.

It's like saying Beetlejuice 3 times.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rovert aint got no willy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

I can't think of any AEW stories he broke.

How about the time he broke the story that the Joshi 6-man tag at Double or Nothing had been canceled?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rovert spends his time talking to Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks and having sex but still finds time to be really mad about posts on Something Awful dot com.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rovert claimed OWE/strong hearts were working AEW on tourist visas

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's so sad to watch him say "Do you know who follows me?". Lots of celebs follow fans for the PR. Several famous comedians follow me, like my tweets, etc. Doesn't mean anything.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Just off the top of my head

Young bucks to NXT
PAC visa issues, specifically we wouldn’t be seeing him in the US in 2019 lol
Consistently reported AEW visa issues including that none of the joshi would be at double or nothing
Baron Corbin wasn’t facing and retiring Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, it was just a big swerve
Lacey Evans is good
He was in the room when Finn Balor signed contract

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rovert knows all the lady wrestlers and they all say that he's strong and cool and he kisses them whenever he wants and then they all laugh about Dave Meltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Davros1 posted:

It's so sad to watch him say "Do you know who follows me?". Lots of celebs follow fans for the PR. Several famous comedians follow me, like my tweets, etc. Doesn't mean anything.

I can't imagine being a functional adult and making Twitter the only thing that matters in life. Let alone wrestling Twitter.