Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s going to be a klobbering in New Hampshire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
got filled at 80 on NH, still holding CA and DC, bernie's gonna win

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
NH up to 80?!?!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

The North Tower posted:

NH up to 80?!?!

81 right now

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Managed to get Buttigieg nos when it was around 70 cents for NH. Not planning on playing any flips since I have to work during most of this.
Also grabbed some Buttigieg nos for second place just for the hell of it, gonna see what happens.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Garrand posted:

Also grabbed some Buttigieg nos for second place just for the hell of it, gonna see what happens.

There is a nonzero chance Klobmentum surges past Pete for 2nd, but he definitely seems like the favorite for the silver medal based on poll trends

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
NV is shaping up to be another ratfuck, they're going with a blackbox app and apparently they hired a buttgig person to be in charge of electoral integrity. lol. NV butt could be worth a punt

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Got in on Bloomberg No but I'm worried it'll take a while before I can make a profit

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah my NH got filled at 82 earlier this morning. Not sure where to put it to catch a post-NH bump now. Kinda get the feeling I should just roll state win profits in to the nomination itself at this point. Betting margin of victory feels like a fool's errand.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
jumped in for SC with the bern dog in the low 40s so we'll see which one i lose all my money on

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

bawfuls posted:

Yeah my NH got filled at 82 earlier this morning. Not sure where to put it to catch a post-NH bump now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEnnH6t8Ts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm sad the very stupid town of dixville notch did not cause a bloomberg spike

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Yeah my NH got filled at 82 earlier this morning. Not sure where to put it to catch a post-NH bump now. Kinda get the feeling I should just roll state win profits in to the nomination itself at this point. Betting margin of victory feels like a fool's errand.

Ain't that the truth

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Every time I spare up some cash on other smaller bets I keep going back to Bernie in Iowa, lol.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

looking at the rules, the funniest thing that could happen is that the Iowa caucus is just tossed completely in which case all bets resolve as ‘no’

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
bernie win new hampshire so i can get my money bitch!

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

ScrubLeague posted:

got filled at 80 on NH, still holding CA and DC, bernie's gonna win

The smart money was on buying Bernie Y and Butt N while Iowa was still contested. I got both at 69 (nice) and 30.

e: I misread your post and it looks like you did that exact thing.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Klob is hovering at 4¢ in NH. I know she won’t win but I grabbed shares this morning to sell later today when (hopefully) she’s closer to 7-8¢

its a risky strategy but we’ll see how it plays out

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I’m getting out of the NV caucus market. Too many signs they are setting it up to be as hosed up as Iowa so I’m taking my 23 cent gains and running.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Burn Zone posted:

Klob is hovering at 4¢ in NH. I know she won’t win but I grabbed shares this morning to sell later today when (hopefully) she’s closer to 7-8¢

its a risky strategy but we’ll see how it plays out

I grabbed like 300 shares at .03 and sold for .05. Maybe I could have held for a bit more but it's $6 versus $12. Whatever. Still all-in on Bern to win.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

I grabbed like 300 shares at .03 and sold for .05. Maybe I could have held for a bit more but it's $6 versus $12. Whatever. Still all-in on Bern to win.

lmao I just sold mine and bought all in on Bern, I thought there would be more movement on Amy once people started to wake up this morning but I guess not.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Comrayn posted:

I’m getting out of the NV caucus market. Too many signs they are setting it up to be as hosed up as Iowa so I’m taking my 23 cent gains and running.

I’m of the ‘everyone will be watching this time’ strain of thought, but definitely not as confident as I would be if Pete staffers weren’t running it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

bernie is sitting at 38 cents in mississippi because of bloomberg being hilariously overvalued there if you think bloomberg's stop and frisk audio has some play

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Next to drop out of the race has gone up big for Bennet. I tossed a couple bucks at Tulsi and Yang on the cheap.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Just signed up for this and dipping my toe in Yang dropping out

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

people have no idea what to expect in the MN primary, Klob is fluctuating by like 7 cents at a time because home state! but last time MN went hard for Bernie! But home state!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

people have no idea what to expect in the MN primary, Klob is fluctuating by like 7 cents at a time because home state! but last time MN went hard for Bernie! But home state!

Nobody cared about Klobuchar's seat in both the primary and the general because Franken's old seat was up at the same time. I completely forgot there were 2 senate races until I saw the ballot. DFL won both senate elections easily though so :shrug:

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.
After seeing this thread, I joined the night of the Iowa caucus and holy poo poo I'm hooked after that wild ride. For someone new to this kind of trading, is just taking the profit on 80 cent markets as they resolve a bad plan? I'm working on understanding a lot of the concepts in this thread as far as actual trading strategies, but just betting the front runner in primaries seems like free money if you time it right.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

joined up a week ago and my strategy has been getting a few cents here and there just putting money into knee-jerk reaction stuff. has been successful so far.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

zynga dot com posted:

After seeing this thread, I joined the night of the Iowa caucus and holy poo poo I'm hooked after that wild ride. For someone new to this kind of trading, is just taking the profit on 80 cent markets as they resolve a bad plan? I'm working on understanding a lot of the concepts in this thread as far as actual trading strategies, but just betting the front runner in primaries seems like free money if you time it right.

That's just what I would call a conservative investment strategy. When the chance of something is 99%, but the market's only 80%. I did that recently with Trump Conviction No and Bloomberg No.

Two things to watch out for though.
1. Make sure the chance is actually higher than what you're paying. If you're buying shares of something with a 4/5 chance for 80 cents, you're not actually making money.
2. Making money this way will be slow. Markets like this usually take a while to resolve (that's part of what causes the uncertainty) and your payout is only 125%.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the best way to play was to put $60 on bernie a year ago when he was sitting at 10 cents and then remembering predictit exists when iowa goes fucky and discovering its now $200 to play with

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don't play to make money unless you really know how to gamble.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
When Beto was favored to win sometime last year I logged in and saw I had $7 in my account, put it all on Beto NO and forgot. Remembered Predict it this weekend and logged in to find $35 that I promptly put into Bernie Yes NH

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the best way to play was to put $60 on bernie a year ago when he was sitting at 10 cents and then remembering predictit exists when iowa goes fucky and discovering its now $200 to play with

Remember Predictit when Bernie has a heart attack and drop $5k into this stupid thing in a desperate attempt to get back your $4k in losses from the 2016 general.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:hmmyes:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
when do NH results start trickling in I need to dump these klobmentum places second shares I picked up before then. only up five cents right now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Comrayn posted:

when do NH results start trickling in I need to dump these klobmentum places second shares I picked up before then. only up five cents right now.

polls close at 8pm Eastern

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i bought some klob in the 2020 dem nominee market last night. already gone up. dunno if it will go up further.

if the dems ratfuck bernie out of NH i'm gonna be pissed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Comrayn posted:

They were able to gently caress with Iowa because it was so close. It was close because Pete poured most of his resources into the state for months, and it’s extremely white. Pete has much weaker ground game in Nevada by comparison, meanwhile Bernie has been canvassing there for months. NV is also heavily Latino, which is Bernie’s strongest racial demographic and has been consistently for months and months. Nevada will not be close enough for Iowa type fuckery.

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Feb 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Behold the Klob