Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Just give Murata like 30 minutes to do it himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Didnt the studio who made Season 1 go bankrupt or something? It was either that or there was some big story a little while back about severe burnouts from staff and maybe death, I forget

I'm pretty sure madhouse didnt go bankrupt. Staff having medical problems from being overworked sounds pretty likely

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

graham cracker posted:

Mumen Rider would be a good best friend or motivational speaker, but as a hero he just hurts himself. No one wants to see that.

Now, Mumen coaching Saitama and being his sensei, THAT I would like to see.

Rider is a great C-Rank hero. He's just unwilling to stick to C-rank problems when tougher stuff shows up, and can't bullshit a second wind power up like Garou can.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Parrotine posted:

Didnt the studio who made Season 1 go bankrupt or something? It was either that or there was some big story a little while back about severe burnouts from staff and maybe death, I forget

You may be thinking of Ufotable here, which is a completely different studio that also does incredibly pretty things and nearly bankrupted itself thanks to that.

cant cook creole bream posted:

This seems like a bad idea. We'll just get the same episode every week because Murata keeps thinking he can do it better. The series will never progress, but on the other hand, it'll be the best looking episode in the history of anime.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

You may be thinking of Ufotable here, which is a completely different studio that also does incredibly pretty things and nearly bankrupted itself thanks to that.

This seems like a bad idea. We'll just get the same episode every week because Murata keeps thinking he can do it better. The series will never progress, but on the other hand, it'll be the best looking episode in the history of anime.

Endless 12

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Blaze Dragon posted:

You sure they didn't nearly bankrupt themselves after being caught committing tax fraud

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eej posted:

You sure they didn't nearly bankrupt themselves after being caught committing tax fraud

Given this is the anime industry: why not both?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

aegof posted:

Rider is a great C-Rank hero. He's just unwilling to stick to C-rank problems when tougher stuff shows up, and can't bullshit a second wind power up like Garou can.

Garou earned his second wind power up from turning his emotional and physical abuse into motivation, like Saitama turned his lack of life satisfaction and passion for a hobby into the quintessential bullshit power up. Mumen probably had a happy family life and a clean lifestyle, and was never pushed to break his limiter.

Which is perfectly fine. Mumen deserves good things.

Honestly, I want to eventually see Mumen's pure passion for justice eclipse everyone else in the series in terms of power, at least for a moment. Like, Saitama actually amazed at someone else's strength for a split second.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe I'm making this up but I wanna say I remember a twitter post he made during season 2 where he mentions he started learning basic animation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

graham cracker posted:

Garou earned his second wind power up from turning his emotional and physical abuse into motivation, like Saitama turned his lack of life satisfaction and passion for a hobby into the quintessential bullshit power up. Mumen probably had a happy family life and a clean lifestyle, and was never pushed to break his limiter.

Which is perfectly fine. Mumen deserves good things.

Honestly, I want to eventually see Mumen's pure passion for justice eclipse everyone else in the series in terms of power, at least for a moment. Like, Saitama actually amazed at someone else's strength for a split second.

I wanna see Mumen emulating other heroes as his growth. Justice Tackle starts to resemble Tank Top Tackle and it starts breaking through walls, something like that.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I want mumen to stay true to his character of being a normal human with no special abilities or equipment who despite that continues to be the best hero in the organization, every hour of every day of the week

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Mumen Rider's bike should come to life and become the Riggs to his Murtaugh.

This manga looks really good, guys.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Eventual Garou v Saitama fight is gonna look so loving good.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Lucas Archer posted:

Eventual Garou v Saitama fight is gonna look so loving good.

How close are we to that by the way? I know the murata version is different pace than the web version, but are we an arc or two away, or is it this arc?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Donkringel posted:

How close are we to that by the way? I know the murata version is different pace than the web version, but are we an arc or two away, or is it this arc?

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Donkringel posted:

Pretty sure it’s the climax of this arc.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Donkringel posted:

I'd say about a year of updates before we get to it TBH.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Donkringel posted:

To give you a sense of time scale:

In the webcomic the S-ranks decide to enter the base, Garou kills Ripper and meets Rover in chapter 58. That's chapter 90 in the manga.

Where we are now happens with the Rover sitting fight and Garou vs Superalloy is in chapter 69 in the webcomics (11 comics later) and 127 in the manga (37 comics later).

The Saitama vs Garou face-off begins in 87 and ends in 93 in the webcomics, so based on the above we can assume fight should start around chapter 188 which will be released in early 2022.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 13, 2020

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

team overhead smash posted:

In the webcomic the S-ranks decide to enter the base, Garou kills Ripper and meets Rover in chapter 58. That's chapter 90 in the manga.

Where we are now happens with the Rover sitting fight and Garou vs Superalloy is in chapter 69 in the webcomics (11 comics later) and 127 in the manga (37 comics later).

The Saitama vs Garou face-off begins in 87 and ends in 93 in the webcomics, so based on the above we can assume fight should start around chapter 188 which will be released in early 2022.

Murata drew them all a day, he just submits them slowly.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Supersonic Shine posted:

Mumen Rider's bike should come to life and become the Riggs to his Murtaugh.

This manga looks really good, guys.

God the Garou vs Saitama fight is gonna own own own :unsmigghh:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 12, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

team overhead smash posted:

Theres a few events that were shuffled about, and the order isnt exactly the same.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
As a non-webcomic reader, I'm getting curious if this means Garou is the next Boros, or if even post-ascencion he can't take a Saitama Punch and the rest of the 'fight' is Saitama trying to escape the Underground and get Garou to a hospital.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Careful, as a fellow non-webcomic reader who's been spoiled by webcomic fans champing at the bit to spoil as much as possible at all times, they'll trip over themselves to tell you *all* about it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Careful, as a fellow non-webcomic reader who's been spoiled by webcomic fans champing at the bit to spoil as much as possible at all times, they'll trip over themselves to tell you *all* about it.

I'm pretty sure like half this thread is webcomic readers so don't judge us by one or two assholes

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I'm not! It's just, there's always a few of them in every community on the internet, no matter where OPM is being discussed, who seem like they're just waiting for a pin to drop and the chance to discuss major webcomic spoilers when people are talking about stuff in the manga, generally not only unasked for, but even when people have asked them not to.

It's like when books or comics or manga get a moving-pictures adaptation, but it seems even worse than usual, because some of them have some weird chip on their shoulder about the manga version of OPM compared to the webcomic version, and THEORIES about how Murata is making stuff up and distorting ONE's vision or some such garbage, and it gets weird, man.

I hope it doesn't happen here! I'd rather not know how the Garou thing progressed in the webcomic, myself, since, as mentioned, I've chosen to be a manga-only reader, myself (I think ONE is a genius, just to be clear, and an amazing artist in his own right, but...yeah, what can I say). I'd like to spare others that...opportunity?...if possible.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can understand wanting to talk about the webcomic, cuz the webcomic is rad, but that's why we have a thread specifically for the webcomic

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

God the Garou vs Saitama fight is gonna own own own :unsmigghh:

IMO this is a spoiler, a minor one but still a spoiler. As others have pointed out, it's a slippery slope so please stfu.

editing: Thanks for adding spoiler tags to your post Fly Molo.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 13, 2020

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't super appreciate all the webcomic readers coming into the manga thread to discuss how many more chapters it will be until x big event that manga readers dont know anything about

Seems like discussion for the webcomic thread

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'm a webcomic reader and I support spoiler tags for the manga thread. It really is just basic decency

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I am a webcomic reader and it never occurred to me to talk about what's coming up. I only post in this thread to state how awesome the comic currently is. I live in the present

The comic is currently awesome

There you go.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

None of this stopped people from crowing on endlessly about filler during the tournament.

And the Child Emperor fight.

And probably Flashy Flash's fight.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm guilty of this and I very much apologize, I sincerely had mixed the order of certain events and had a genuine question. After that I pretty much decided to just talk about the chapter at hand.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Oops, didn't mean to kick off a fire with my timing question.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I'm not! It's just, there's always a few of them in every community on the internet, no matter where OPM is being discussed, who seem like they're just waiting for a pin to drop and the chance to discuss major webcomic spoilers when people are talking about stuff in the manga, generally not only unasked for, but even when people have asked them not to.

It's like when books or comics or manga get a moving-pictures adaptation, but it seems even worse than usual, because some of them have some weird chip on their shoulder about the manga version of OPM compared to the webcomic version, and THEORIES about how Murata is making stuff up and distorting ONE's vision or some such garbage, and it gets weird, man.

I hope it doesn't happen here! I'd rather not know how the Garou thing progressed in the webcomic, myself, since, as mentioned, I've chosen to be a manga-only reader, myself (I think ONE is a genius, just to be clear, and an amazing artist in his own right, but...yeah, what can I say). I'd like to spare others that...opportunity?...if possible.

Snape kills dumbledoor

Also, Garou's Spine is the greatest hero. No matter how broken it looks, it still gives him amazing support!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Garou's on like his eighth wind right now

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 13, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It seems like there's a lot of anime where bones just plain don't do anything and you can break them freely without consequences

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Well I mean,

NOTHING makes sense in a physical sense in fighty anime. Garou has been hit by punches that break steel and concrete and he just kind of goes "OUCH, I NEARLY DIED BUT IM TOO ANGRY TOO DIE SO I DONT DIE"

If you have shounen powers you can absorb infinite amounts of damage until it doesn't fit the plot anymore

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Garou just subconsciously learned Metal Bat's style during their fight, duh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I just want to remind the lovely posters in here that If they want to talk about future events that have not occurred in the Murata manga version yet, they should be properly spoiler-tagged and be marked as (webcomics spoilers). Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

It seems like there's a lot of anime where bones just plain don't do anything and you can break them freely without consequences

This exact scenario happened in Bleach and it was dumber than it sounds