Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Glad to know I had it in me all along, I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
All I have in me is creatine, protein, and poop.

Large amounts of all 3.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Piggy Smalls posted:

I can’t for the life of me lose weight as fast as I want because I have this habit of snacking on poo poo I shouldn’t. It seems like the basic rule is don’t snack period. Anyone have a way to get rid of cravings?
Personally I can not keep snacks in the house or I will invariably eat them all. All I keep now is:
100 calories popcorn bags and popcorn seasoning. Max volume for calories and I'll never eat more than 2 so it will never kill me.
Easy peal clementines. Satisfies my need for sugar and, again, I'll never eat more than 2.
Fat free yogurt. 100-120 calories and a good amount of protein.
And I chew a disgusting amount of gum.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Batterypowered7 posted:

What have people's experience been with belts? I don't know if it's the physical support, some placebo effect from feeling more secure with it, or both, but I just bought a nice belt and I've added more than twenty pounds to my squat after having been sidelined by a bad cold for over a week.

Hah. I just got an Inzer lever belt for myself. But having taken the week off to rest my shoulder I haven’t gotten to use it yet. Just messing around with it I can easily tell I’m bracing correctly.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

Personally I can not keep snacks in the house or I will invariably eat them all. All I keep now is:
100 calories popcorn bags and popcorn seasoning. Max volume for calories and I'll never eat more than 2 so it will never kill me.
Easy peal clementines. Satisfies my need for sugar and, again, I'll never eat more than 2.
Fat free yogurt. 100-120 calories and a good amount of protein.
And I chew a disgusting amount of gum.

If I try to keep yogurt as a snack I end up with yogurt that has gone bad. gently caress yogurt.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Those best by dates are just a suggestion.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

When they're in season I go through a 3 lbs bag of those tiny oranges about every other day. Just so easy to eat.

And strawberries. Strawberries are in season now and the produce guy might as well back the truck up to my front door.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Personally I can not keep snacks in the house or I will invariably eat them all.

Yep. I know I'll eat them eventually, so why not now? Calories in vs calories out, it's all the same.

Just don't buy anything. Proper meals only.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Guyver posted:

When they're in season I go through a 3 lbs bag of those tiny oranges about every other day. Just so easy to eat.

And strawberries. Strawberries are in season now and the produce guy might as well back the truck up to my front door.

Blueberries and strawberries are really good right now.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I solved snacking by only eating at fixed times of day. People can be very offended if you don't eat the food they want to give you though, so you need to decide on a case by case basis.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I wish King Oscar sardines weren't so expensive. I really like eating them with hot sauce and the 4.25oz tins have like 20g of protein, but they're no cheaper than $2 a pop.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
Can anyone recommend some semi-smart work trousers that have a bit of stretch to them?

We get provided with cargo-style trousers at work, but they are really badly made. Beside the usual problem of "too small in the thigh/bum area, too big in the waist", the sizes vary from batch to batch, so you might get a 34" waist with drainpipe legs, or a 32" waist with enough room to fit both legs in one side. Working in IT, I don't really have a need for thousands of pockets, so suit-style trousers would be fine.

Tesco do some slim-fit stretch jeans that are perfect for outside of work.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I got some stretch fit smart jeans from Primark

Only cost me my soul and putting some Bangladeshi women in mortal danger

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I've been happy with stuff off the Flex line with Van Heusen. They have sales all the time so you should be able to find nice looking pants that fit well for under 30 ea.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Duluth Trading Company makes pants that are durable and easy to move around in. Their sizing is also pretty consistent.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ultrafilter posted:

Duluth Trading Company makes pants that are durable and easy to move around in. Their sizing is also pretty consistent.

I love my DTC jeans.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Bonobos make good work trousers with some stretch to them as well.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Whipstickagostop posted:

Can anyone recommend some semi-smart work trousers that have a bit of stretch to them?

We get provided with cargo-style trousers at work, but they are really badly made. Beside the usual problem of "too small in the thigh/bum area, too big in the waist", the sizes vary from batch to batch, so you might get a 34" waist with drainpipe legs, or a 32" waist with enough room to fit both legs in one side. Working in IT, I don't really have a need for thousands of pockets, so suit-style trousers would be fine.

Tesco do some slim-fit stretch jeans that are perfect for outside of work.

Lululemon ABC pants look nice and are very stretchy and comfy. They handle my fat legs/rear end and i don't have to scale my waist size up. Make your you get the regular or relaxed fit or whatever. They are $$$ tho

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

canadianclassic posted:

Lululemon ABC pants look nice and are very stretchy and comfy. They handle my fat legs/rear end and i don't have to scale my waist size up. Make your you get the regular or relaxed fit or whatever. They are $$$ tho

I have like 4 pairs of these and they're the absolute bomb diggity.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Meal prep this week:
Shredded Chicken with Yumm Sauce
Rice
Steamed broc
Blueberries and strawberries

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I did a crockpot with chicken, stock, tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, chili, and garlic. When the chicken could be pulled apart I added some beans, lentils and quinoa. Ten meals, and about two minutes of work per meal!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

ovenboy posted:

I did a crockpot with chicken, stock, tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, chili, and garlic. When the chicken could be pulled apart I added some beans, lentils and quinoa. Ten meals, and about two minutes of work per meal!

That sounds delicious.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I have like 4 pairs of these and they're the absolute bomb diggity.

You not-tall people and your ease of purchasing athletic wear :argh:

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Periodically somebody hurts their back and without fail somebody posts a big rundown of common back injuries and how to treat them. Well now I'm the guy that needs and, but can't remember what the link is. Is anyone kind enough to share that again?

Like, what the hell man, I had a muscle strain there like 2 months ago and took it easy until all was well, and on Sunday bam, same problem, same spot. At least I'm consistent I guess.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The key takeaway is it's probably not real so don't stop doing anything.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime

canadianclassic posted:

poo poo yeah you aren't kidding - £80 to £120 for a pair of trousers!

Was told I won't be reimbursed for any clothing purchases though, so unless I can find some for super cheap (think £20 or less) I'll just deal with looking scruffy and wear several waist sizes bigger plus a belt.

On the plus side, I realised yesterday that after 2 years I have finally passed the 1000lbs mark for the main 3 lifts. Pretty pleased with that, considering I couldn't even do a push up on my knees when I started training.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Whipstickagostop posted:

On the plus side, I realised yesterday that after 2 years I have finally passed the 1000lbs mark for the main 3 lifts. Pretty pleased with that, considering I couldn't even do a push up on my knees when I started training.

Congrats, that's some drat good progress.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

bomb posted:

Meal prep this week:
Shredded Chicken with Yumm Sauce
Rice
Steamed broc
Blueberries and strawberries

whats yum sauce sounds good

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Whipstickagostop posted:

One day I hope to bicep curl, tricep extension and concentration curl 1000lbs of resistance

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

chupacabron posted:

Periodically somebody hurts their back and without fail somebody posts a big rundown of common back injuries and how to treat them. Well now I'm the guy that needs and, but can't remember what the link is. Is anyone kind enough to share that again?

Like, what the hell man, I had a muscle strain there like 2 months ago and took it easy until all was well, and on Sunday bam, same problem, same spot. At least I'm consistent I guess.

Active recovery, swimming and walking will help you out a bit. Glute Bridges without weights and maybe some yoga?

I tweaked my lower back today, I was going for the 4th rep on deadlift and let out a decent fart which hosed up my form on my 5th (PR) rep.

Thankfully not too crazy I was still able to manage afterwards. Probably going to be pretty sore for a bit.

bomb fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 11, 2020

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

It is. That's why one fat set of bumpers is necessary to let the bar roll a little like God intended.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8KG_stp1V3/?igshid=uhethdwi7ing

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

chupacabron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc&t=2s

Just don't catastrophize because that can actually make the problem worse. Backs are pretty resilient, odds are pretty good it's nothing serious.

What do you mean by you took it easy? did you basically stop doing any lifts that involve your back for a while?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Imma start yelling at dudes leaving the 100s on the leg press. Little old ladies can't handle that poo poo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Every time I think my back is almost normal it gets a little bit worse. I'm going to give it a week and if it's no better I'm getting pro help even though that'll mean at least of month doing the same pt I've been doing.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Every time I think my back is almost normal it gets a little bit worse. I'm going to give it a week and if it's no better I'm getting pro help even though that'll mean at least of month doing the same pt I've been doing.

I strained something bad back in October, gave it one week full rest 1 week active rest and thought I was fine, strained it again on back squats even worse the next week. Think long-term and if you are still in active pain after 2+ weeks, you really need to see someone

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc&t=2s

Just don't catastrophize because that can actually make the problem worse. Backs are pretty resilient, odds are pretty good it's nothing serious.

What do you mean by you took it easy? did you basically stop doing any lifts that involve your back for a while?

Basically a week off from lifting, then deload from roughly 60%. I’m probably letting my form break down somehow to be honest, it just hasn’t happened in a while so I’m buttmad about doing it twice in succession

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I strained something bad back in October, gave it one week full rest 1 week active rest and thought I was fine, strained it again on back squats even worse the next week. Think long-term and if you are still in active pain after 2+ weeks, you really need to see someone
Yeah. It's just I have a long history of back issues/pain and since I've started lifting nothing has ever lingered this long. I've had pain where I couldn't get out of bed and was back to normal in less than a month. Whatever this is got triggered from being in a car for 3 hours on Christmas lol.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Yeah. It's just I have a long history of back issues/pain and since I've started lifting nothing has ever lingered this long. I've had pain where I couldn't get out of bed and was back to normal in less than a month. Whatever this is got triggered from being in a car for 3 hours on Christmas lol.

That sucks! Have you ever gotten an official diagnosis? For myself lifting actively helped me with persistent back pain. Hadn't had any issues until this last October.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

My first back injury was stress fractures when I was 14. I saw drs two or three times in my late teens/early 20s and went through a full battery of evaluations and imaging only to be told ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and given pt until symptoms went away/insurance got tired of paying for it. Since I've started lifting I haven't had an injury I wasn't able to work myself back from. I assume I'll get the same answers from a dr now, maybe with a sciatica diagnosis, but I guess we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Barbell Medicine has a ton of interesting content on back pain, especially on their podcast where they put up recordings of some of their seminars or whatever. Like, the vast majority of it is non-specific(meaning it's real, but hurts for reasons other than injury or tissue damage) and some stupid small number like 2-4% of back pain is actually even disc related.