Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Walton Simons posted:

Greta Thunberg is getting a documentary made about her. June the Brexit queen is rattled.

I have a strong feeling she is doing an Adrian Mole parody here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Well, this is a weird way to find out the RATM is touring with RTJ. Gonna have to get tickets to that one.

Tix for the Vancouver show are 170 bucks. I am conflicted. On the one hand I want to hear Rage sing about sticking it to the man, but on the other hand is not paying 170 bucks to see them play making them "the man"?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/bongjoonwhore/status/1226811394206531584?s=19

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ordering cream cheese ragoons, I'm eating twice today for the Bern

e: wrong thread, but I stand by what I said

T-man has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Feb 12, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pouring one out for the Best Picture prospects of *checks notes* Joker

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

It still blows my mind that this guy is not a parody account. The part where he talks about how Joker should have won instead because of its commentary on class struggle is just too good.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I like how I didn't even need to watch beyond 'okay he's talking about Best Picture' to know he was just being mad that Joker didn't win.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Feb 12, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

His arms are super short

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The idiot here doesn't work for the pizza place :colbert:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Away all Goats posted:

The idiot here doesn't work for the pizza place :colbert:

order delivered as instructed imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

100% guarantee someone has made that specific order and been angry admit getting the opposite.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah it sounds like they wanted a cheese pizza with half pepperoni

they got what they ordered

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
That chuddy guy shouldn't worry too much, the Best Picture winner is often not the most beloved film of the year, especially in recent years

You guys remember Spotlight? Argo? The Departed?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They obviously wanted to split the pie half cheese and half pepperoni.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Araenna posted:

They obviously wanted to split the pie half cheese and half pepperoni.

Absurd, why would they want that? No, very obviously this order was correct.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

That chuddy guy shouldn't worry too much, the Best Picture winner is often not the most beloved film of the year, especially in recent years

You guys remember Spotlight? Argo? The Departed?

The Departed is still a very well-remembered film. It’s not The Artist or Crash. Also Spotlight was great, but that’s just my opinion. That was a good year.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Parasite is also going to be remembered fondly. Even if you don't catch on or agree with the politics of the film, its still a masterclass in the art of cinema.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There was only one film that deserved picture of the year and that was The Lighthouse

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Who What Now posted:

If you want your cock and balls abused by your mommy then that clearly fits into their latter category. Related: my PMs are always open :pervert:

Is this that rental mommy thing I keep hearing about?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

Parasite is also going to be remembered fondly. Even if you don't catch on or agree with the politics of the film, its still a masterclass in the art of cinema.

Any script so carefully written that a character inside the fiction can get away with pointing out how metaphorical it all is on no less than three occasions deserves every award it can be given

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Somfin posted:

Any script so carefully written that a character inside the fiction can get away with pointing out how metaphorical it all is on no less than three occasions deserves every award it can be given

I agree but deadpool 2 was 2018.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/jwpetersNYT/status/1227457308805996550?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The 49ers were "a" front runner for the superbowl.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Imagine being in a tweet posted in this topic with Nate Silver involved, and coming out as the idiot even over Silver himself.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“It says ‘No Homers.’ We're allowed to have one.”

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Eggbook is going wild.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Smash Mouth freeze the eggs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sources close to Stefan Molyneux posted:

Taylor Swift freeze the eggs

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Stefan, you've forgotten to log out of your account again!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Freezing eggs still in the shell is going to get messy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

There was only one film that deserved picture of the year and that was The Lighthouse

More like oldseabirdless!

Inceltown posted:

Eggbook is going wild.

Speaking of idiots and eggs:
https://twitter.com/RGobstein/status/1226792365240782851

What is this anon-poisoned idiot on about here?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Absurd Alhazred posted:

More like oldseabirdless!

Speaking of idiots and eggs:
https://twitter.com/RGobstein/status/1226792365240782851

What is this anon-poisoned idiot on about here?

Guessing it's about how acknowledging the existence of a language other than English at the Oscars is being "woke"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Guessing it's about how acknowledging the existence of a language other than English at the Oscars is being "woke"

i'm p sure its this new way of yelling at women for existing; she's over 30 and, you see, has no eggs left for a man to make a baby in her with, making her useless and sad or something

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Peanut Butler posted:

i'm p sure its this new way of yelling at women for existing; she's over 30 and, you see, has no eggs left for a man to make a baby in her with, making her useless and sad or something

Wow that made me nauseated

Also it's a big swing and a miss against most people they'd be levelling it against, since having babies doesn't seem particularly high-priority in that set.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

Wow that made me nauseated

Also it's a big swing and a miss against most people they'd be levelling it against, since having babies doesn't seem particularly high-priority in that set.

It's like when libertarians call people "statist" or vegans call people "carnist" or Christians call people "sinner" and expect that to stick.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's like when libertarians call people "statist" or vegans call people "carnist" or Christians call people "sinner" and expect that to stick.

well smears like that, and the egg thing, are more to reinforce biases in the in-group reading it and going 'haha yeah! show that statist/carnist/sinner/woman over 30!'

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wtf

women in their 30s have many eggs

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I really don't like seeing the (already untrue) narrative of "women are useless and sterile after 35" getting pushed down to 30.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Remember to keep in mind these are guys who think a woman's sexual peak is around age 16 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Remember to keep in mind these are guys who think a woman's sexual peak is around age 16 or so.

I don't want to remember this, it's gross.