Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Red Dog was just what I was looking for, thanks! Does anyone have experience with their Junk Bag?

How compatible are Puppets War bits with 40k ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Do Orks still have versions of their crazy rules, like Weirdboys exploding, Shokk Attack Gun launching your Mek across the table, and Trukks having their own wreck table? Those things were not great for balance but my kid finds them hilarious.

Muninn
Dec 29, 2008

goose willis posted:

Red Dog was just what I was looking for, thanks! Does anyone have experience with their Junk Bag?

I’ve bought several junk bags, the “defective” bits are often indistinguishable from the regular ones and the regular ones are excellent casts. You’ll get all sorts of crisis suit weapons on the cheap. I always throw one or two in when I order specific bits.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Finished up the land speeder for my Iron Hands.

A guy on Reddit posted basically this conversion and I happened to come across it. By happenstance, I happened to have the kataphron kit (useful for parts for kitbashing).

I've been suffering for not having any anti-tank options, so I'm hoping this will at least give me a little bit more punch. Even if it gets shot down, I'm hoping it will at least do some damage first.

The speeder's heavy bolter slotted very nicely into the servitor's gun holder bit (the technical term, I believe).

Detail look of the controls. I was not smart enough to build in subassemblies. Happily, I was bad enough at gluing that he fell out of the seat when my cat knocked the speeder to the floor, letting me reach the controls (and add decals to his knees).

That puts me at 800 points of Iron Hands painted up. Next up will be my eliminator squad, then a vindicator, and finally Feirros to swap out with my grav captain.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Muninn posted:

I’ve bought several junk bags, the “defective” bits are often indistinguishable from the regular ones and the regular ones are excellent casts. You’ll get all sorts of crisis suit weapons on the cheap. I always throw one or two in when I order specific bits.

HELL YES thank you I'm gonna do just that!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
So gamesworkshop posted pictures of the models they are giving away at "warhammer fest" (dumb name, games day was better) and I want the librarian so badly I'd have bought a day ticket just for the model but I realised you need to collect it on the day.

Not fully convinced even I would enjoy a full weekend of warhammer stuff that doesn't include games surrounded by inevitably smelly dudes, so I'm sure I won't be able to convince anyone to go with me.

It sucks because it would be the perfect Grey Knight librarian model that doesn't require a conversion to make it look less generic.

I may see if I can convince someone to go with me but chances are slim.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Kitchner posted:

So gamesworkshop posted pictures of the models they are giving away at "warhammer fest" (dumb name, games day was better) and I want the librarian so badly I'd have bought a day ticket just for the model but I realised you need to collect it on the day.

Not fully convinced even I would enjoy a full weekend of warhammer stuff that doesn't include games surrounded by inevitably smelly dudes, so I'm sure I won't be able to convince anyone to go with me.

It sucks because it would be the perfect Grey Knight librarian model that doesn't require a conversion to make it look less generic.

I may see if I can convince someone to go with me but chances are slim.

Go join the Facebook loot sharing group and someone will be organizing something.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Event models aren't just a Warhammer Fest thing. They'll be available at other GW events and even some major third party ones like NOVA, London GT, or LVO. Anywhere GW sets up a shop/booth, basically. Some of them wind up being available at Warhammer World too.

I really want the terminator librarian and I'm hoping I can grab it later this year at NOVA if I'm able to make it again. If not, I'll hope for LVO next year or just grab it off of eBay.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Z the IVth posted:

Go join the Facebook loot sharing group and someone will be organizing something.

What am I looking for in Facebook? Not heard of the group.

Safety Factor posted:

Event models aren't just a Warhammer Fest thing. They'll be available at other GW events and even some major third party ones like NOVA, London GT, or LVO. Anywhere GW sets up a shop/booth, basically. Some of them wind up being available at Warhammer World too.

I really want the terminator librarian and I'm hoping I can grab it later this year at NOVA if I'm able to make it again. If not, I'll hope for LVO next year or just grab it off of eBay.

To be honest I'd be fine with buying one off ebay but I just imagine it would be like £60 for the model or something.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 12, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Kitchner posted:

What am I looking for in Facebook? Not heard of the group.

Search for Warhammer 40k and Wargames General Trip Loot Sharing

Essential you get a local to buy this LE stuff and ship it out. They frown on scalpers so you'll be get the goods at cost + postage and you tip the buyer separately.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE
That Librarian's arms are way too high or his head is way too low, I can't really tell. The point is that dudes hunchback is worse than most.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Z the IVth posted:

Search for Warhammer 40k and Wargames General Trip Loot Sharing

Essential you get a local to buy this LE stuff and ship it out. They frown on scalpers so you'll be get the goods at cost + postage and you tip the buyer separately.

Awesome, cheers dude

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JBP posted:

They used to have a rule that could kill them in the warp, but that was also the age of space marine jump troops landing on a bumpy patch then faceplanting themselves to death.

that jump troop rule sounds vaguely familiar, it was the early aughts when I was first into 40k

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Bring back deep strike scatter and squads dying if they scatter onto another squad to be quite honest, that was a lot of fun.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Everyone remember that dude who lost a tournament match because he reserved his whole army and the Tau player infiltrated Kroot to prevent him entering the battlefield? Good times.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Filthy Hans posted:

that jump troop rule sounds vaguely familiar, it was the early aughts when I was first into 40k

Back in high school (5th edition lol) my buddy lost so many blood angels to deepstrike mishaps

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JackMann posted:

Finished up the land speeder for my Iron Hands.

A guy on Reddit posted basically this conversion and I happened to come across it. By happenstance, I happened to have the kataphron kit (useful for parts for kitbashing).

I've been suffering for not having any anti-tank options, so I'm hoping this will at least give me a little bit more punch. Even if it gets shot down, I'm hoping it will at least do some damage first.

The speeder's heavy bolter slotted very nicely into the servitor's gun holder bit (the technical term, I believe).

Detail look of the controls. I was not smart enough to build in subassemblies. Happily, I was bad enough at gluing that he fell out of the seat when my cat knocked the speeder to the floor, letting me reach the controls (and add decals to his knees).

That puts me at 800 points of Iron Hands painted up. Next up will be my eliminator squad, then a vindicator, and finally Feirros to swap out with my grav captain.

I love speeders :allears:

Since your cat deigned to help you with painting imo you should post him/her for credit.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
The smug look on the T'au players face while the other guy desperately goes through the rulebook with a TO is one of the best photos ever.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 12, 2020

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am a bit confused by Penitent Flails. Their rules state "Make three hit rolls for every attack made with this weapon." Does this mean that:

If a Penitent Engine attacks with Flails, it rolls three hit rolls per attack, but can only generate one wound per attack (Read: You get to roll to hit three times, but it still only counts as one)

or

If a Penitent Engine attacks with Flails, it gets three attacks per attack with chain flails, resulting in 15 attacks per engine if all attacks are made with the Flails?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Kitchner posted:

Bring back deep strike scatter and squads dying if they scatter onto another squad to be quite honest, that was a lot of fun.

I once had an opponent's logan grimnar, the terminator librarian special character and 10 wolf terminators scatter into one of my defilers and all die :allears:

We rolled that back and instead they spent the whole game getting squashed by it while their lightning claws did nothing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Clawtopsy posted:

I am a bit confused by Penitent Flails. Their rules state "Make three hit rolls for every attack made with this weapon." Does this mean that:

If a Penitent Engine attacks with Flails, it rolls three hit rolls per attack, but can only generate one wound per attack (Read: You get to roll to hit three times, but it still only counts as one)

or

If a Penitent Engine attacks with Flails, it gets three attacks per attack with chain flails, resulting in 15 attacks per engine if all attacks are made with the Flails?

And if it is the former, sorry, does that mean with 5 attacks, a Penitent Engine has to roll all five attacks separately or with different colored dice?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Clawtopsy posted:

And if it is the former, sorry, does that mean with 5 attacks, a Penitent Engine has to roll all five attacks separately or with different colored dice?

You're in luck, it's the latter. Get a bucket of dice.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Clawtopsy posted:

or

The Sisters FAQ answers how flail attacks work.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

So I decided to start a Craftworlds army, and wanted to just say thanks to the Goonhammer crew for their awesome Start Competing article (and website in general). It’s nice to have a resource that isn’t audio/visual so I can browse at work, and isn’t full of lovely random edgelord “humor” like 1d4chan.

So, thanks Goonhammer!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Real Horse posted:

So I decided to start a Craftworlds army, and wanted to just say thanks to the Goonhammer crew for their awesome Start Competing article (and website in general). It’s nice to have a resource that isn’t audio/visual so I can browse at work, and isn’t full of lovely random edgelord “humor” like 1d4chan.

So, thanks Goonhammer!

I've been spreading the Goonhammer gospel as well. My friends are happy to have tactics articles without mentions of sexual assault in them.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Goonhammer gospel has also spread to my local store and is now one of the first recommended strat and tactics sites for new players.

You go Goonhammer

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I added on a few of those chibi figures to an order last weekend and they just arrived. I have duplicates of the space marine and the assassin. Looking for a Sister of Battle if anyone wants to do a straight trade send me a PM.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

+1 for Goonhammer, the articles on Astartes Kill Teams made building one a lot easier.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Is there a way to use Buttscribe from Android? I've managed to save an HTML version of my list in a notepad app, but I don't know how to get it to upload to Buttscribe. I keep ending up with .PDF and .bin files, not .HTML :(

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What happened to the 40k repository on BattleScribe? It's gone and I can't update or download it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

goose willis posted:

What happened to the 40k repository on BattleScribe? It's gone and I can't update or download it

Sometimes it disappears for a few days :iiam:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Is there a way to use Buttscribe from Android? I've managed to save an HTML version of my list in a notepad app, but I don't know how to get it to upload to Buttscribe. I keep ending up with .PDF and .bin files, not .HTML :(

Lists need to be .rosz (battlescribe roster file) to send to another device and open with the battlescribe app.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

...huh? Why do you need html?

Yeah battlescribe works fine on android or pc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

JBP posted:

Lists need to be .rosz (battlescribe roster file) to send to another device and open with the battlescribe app.

The .rosz files should be on your phone in the battlescribe folder

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The .rosz files should be on your phone in the battlescribe folder

You can also hit the ... and it'll output the rosz or you can like email it to somebody

The GUI makes it easy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

You can also hit the ... and it'll output the rosz or you can like email it to somebody

The GUI makes it easy

TBF that menu can't be used for buttscribe

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

TBF that menu can't be used for buttscribe

wait buttscribe is a thing? lol, I thought he was just being facetious

just use battlescribe then idk

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wtf is buttscribe

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
http://buttscri.be/

Handy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

JBP posted:

Wtf is buttscribe

It's a tool for converting battlescribe lists to a better template for printing, goon made.