Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We're 6 weeks into 2020 without any huge announcements oh no better write off the entire year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Has anyone checked out the Persona 5 Scramble demo? I know it's only in the Japanese E shop right now but that's probably not an obstacle for some people.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
All I want on the SNES virtual console is the king of all SNES puzzle games, Tetris Attack

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Magical Popn

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

alf_pogs posted:

Nintendo stoically having a huge fart of a year so far is kind of hilarious and classic Nintendo
alf pogs

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

We're 6 weeks into 2020 without any huge announcements oh no better write off the entire year

hey i said "so far" and AC and literally any news on botw2 / metroid 4 would turn it all around. but it's been radio silence on new big stuff for a while

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

canyoneer posted:

All I want on the SNES virtual console is the king of all SNES puzzle games, Tetris Attack

Seriously. The lack is criminal

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

History Comes Inside! posted:

You know what, you're right. I should get hyped instead. I'm so excited for

Hm.

drat. Wish I knew.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Use WiFi when downloading. 5Ghz WiFi is faster than downloading with the Ethernet adapter. It’s stupid but it’s the case.

That's weird. I have a wired connection so I just assumed that was faster for downloading. If things are that goofy for Nintendo then I guess that's actually entirely on brand :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 12, 2020

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's weird. I have a wired connection so I just assumed that was faster for downloading. If things are that goofy for Nintendo then I guess that's actually entirely on brand :v:

If it's not actually moving at all, do you have a game that's currently online running? The Switch won't download anything while a game is online.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sam Faust posted:

If it's not actually moving at all, do you have a game that's currently online running? The Switch won't download anything while a game is online.

I think I have Mario Maker 2 open

oh

E: Closed it and got my SNES library and stuff up, neat.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the nintendo switch has been cancelled. sorry. no new games this year

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't believe New Hoirzons is over :smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can't believe New Hoirzons is over :smith:

Uncharted Waters 2 for snesflix when, you cowards

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

hey i said "so far" and AC and literally any news on botw2 / metroid 4 would turn it all around. but it's been radio silence on new big stuff for a while
not much different for the rest of the industry. the only news we've gotten on any games for any platform so far this year has been "(X) has been delayed"

at some point there will be a ps5 event but who knows when

it's just gonna be quiet for a while

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Facetious posted:

Uncharted Waters 2 for snesflix when, you cowards

Don’t play with my heart like this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Old Sting JRPG Yggdra Union coming to Switch.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You know what, you're right. I should get hyped instead. I'm so excited for

Hm.

drat. Wish I knew.

It's times like these that you really need that third party to really pick up the slack and put some stuff out. I'm playing Sekiro right now, gonna do that PS+ BioShock 1 when that's done, probably start DMC5 when that's over and hopefully finish in time for Granblue Fantasy: Versus in March and that'll probably hold me until Animal Crossing later that month. If not then I dunno I could start RE2 or start in on this Division 2 I picked up for a few bucks. Hey if you got a backlog just have at it!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Don’t play with my heart like this.

I played it too, friend. Took the merchant, then went full explorer and voyageur in my super efficient Chinese Junk.
Circumnavigated the world following the coasts of every continent.

Only real complaint was the rather repetitive music.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Wario is now canonically Canadian :canada:

https://twitter.com/mariokarttouren/status/1227487500261720066

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mister Facetious posted:

clearly a large portion of the customer base expects better.

Fans don't know what they want.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a great SRPG

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Fans don't know what they want.

I never said fans, I said customers. That's why the hate is real. Nintendo Online may be cheap, but the people hosting rooftop parties and e-sports in urban basketball courts want their money's worth.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's wild that out of all the games to not get DLC we never did get any boards for Mario Party.

The ones in the game right now are pretty terrible so it would of been nice to get feedback on how to improve them and bam something decent could be salvaged but nope. Just the base 3-4 super small crappy ones.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mister Facetious posted:

I never said fans, I said customers. That's why the hate is real. Nintendo Online may be cheap, but the people hosting rooftop parties and e-sports in urban basketball courts want their money's worth.

The youth of today aren't ready for ProYoCo to make a comeback.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait was the direct announcement someone posted last night false? I couldn't watch it since I was on my phone and traveling. So there's still no announcement?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait was the direct announcement someone posted last night false? I couldn't watch it since I was on my phone and traveling. So there's still no announcement?

Yeah it was fake. No announcement other than the new VC releases.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Spacebump posted:

I didn't realize they updated the roster. I might have to buy it while it's on sale. The first one just made me wish EA would make a new NBA Jam. How is this game? Is it filled with too many microtransactions?

It’s fun but the card system to unlock players can be frustrating if you want someone specific. I wish someone would remake NBA Street or maybe finally get around to Mutant Basketball League.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm bored of Mario Kart, are there any other good racing games on Switch?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

canyoneer posted:

All I want on the SNES virtual console is the king of all puzzle games

it already has puyo puyo tsu tho?????????????????????????????????????????????????

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SeXReX posted:

it already has puyo puyo tsu tho?????????????????????????????????????????????????

this

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'd gladly buy snes-themed Lumines dlc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Or driving games in general. I could use something to bum around in when I'm drunk.

I miss when driving games were fun, like early Need for Speed or Burnout. Seems like everything's either cart races or simulators, and whatever's left in the middle is in gacha hell.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

A Tetris game on Virtual Console/Switch Online will probably never happen but I'd love to have Tetris Battle Gaiden on this.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

YggiDee posted:

Has anyone checked out the Persona 5 Scramble demo? I know it's only in the Japanese E shop right now but that's probably not an obstacle for some people.

Yeah it's a pretty short demo, about an hour and just covers an extended intro/tutorial section. Game seems pretty fun though. I am curious what the balance in the real game will be between big Warriors style brawls and small blink-and-it's-over fights. Load times are pretty long which is a bit concerning though. Anyway it was nice to have played a bit of the game while waiting for the still not announced English version.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dip Viscous posted:

A Tetris game on Virtual Console/Switch Online will probably never happen but I'd love to have Tetris Battle Gaiden on this.

It's basically impossible to get TTC to let you publish something that has the word tetris in the name digitally, they have some kind of loving equivalent exchange thing where one always has to get de-listed before a new one goes up

there was recent tetris de-listing

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm bored of Mario Kart, are there any other good racing games on Switch?

Crash Team Racing is pretty good, dunno how the switch version is.

Don't get dissuaded by the MTX they patched in awhile ago. The team behind the game have gone on record saying Activision kinda forced them to put it in, and ever since then they've been steadily increasing the rewards so people wouldn't have to spend any money on the cash shop at all. (They've been going out of their way to include month long events that just give you a ton of in game cash to buy everything)

Actual racing is super skill based and most of the maps are pretty fun. There's a new map added everything month so the list just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Only downside is that the online can be hit or miss in getting into a room and the items are completely faithful to the PS1 version of the game- aka not tested for online play at all so it's hard to catch up to people cruising way ahead of you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shoulda said I'm not that interested in going straight to a Mario Kart clone, but looking for something different. I used to like Need for Speed Underground back in the day. Apparently GRID is a decent jack of all trades as racing games go?

I'd go for something on PC, but I could never manage to get a controller plug working and just cannot be arsed now. Maybe I should get a steering wheel.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

SeXReX posted:

It's basically impossible to get TTC to let you publish something that has the word tetris in the name digitally, they have some kind of loving equivalent exchange thing where one always has to get de-listed before a new one goes up

there was recent tetris de-listing

Last I heard is that they flat out won't allow publishing any game that doesn't comply with the current "Tetris Guideline" rule set. So basically any Tetris game more than 10 years old is never going to see the light of day again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently GRID is a decent jack of all trades as racing games go?

It is, though it's more on the sim side. Not like, Forza/GT levels but moreso than NFS or Forza Horizon, if that makes sense.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd go for something on PC, but I could never manage to get a controller plug working and just cannot be arsed now. Maybe I should get a steering wheel.

I use a Wired PDP Bonetroller, with the default/downloaded fanmade controller binding in Steam for PC games. Build quality is drat good, depending on the finish.

I have this:
https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Co...s%2C180&sr=8-15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dip Viscous posted:

Last I heard is that they flat out won't allow publishing any game that doesn't comply with the current "Tetris Guideline" rule set. So basically any Tetris game more than 10 years old is never going to see the light of day again.

yeah that too. Your best bet for a panel de pon game on switch VC is either actually just Panel De Pon or the pokemon skinned one once they finally add N64 VC