Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

Did the original benzo use come from prescription?

I mean it's not like North American doctors are above pushing life destroying drugs on people because the pharma rep sucked their dick (see: opioids)

It's pretty easy to get a prescription for benzos if you have a diagnosed anxiety disorder. Usually it's something like Ativan or Valium so you can knock the edge off of a panic attack.

This can lead to issues if you're not careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

from everything his daughter said (and i am highly doubtful it's true) it sounds like the same apple cider incident was the cause of his benzo diet. that's assuming any of it's true and he didn't just want to get off his face on tranquilizers, which is entirely possible.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

being a doctor, but not being to write your own scripts on your way to a crippling benzos addiction

that had to have been loving humiliating.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this is a really goofy and frankly bizarre statement from the patriot front group after their march in D.C. over the weekend. just admitting it didn't go well because it got spoiled by infiltrators and "aggressive counterdemonstrators" and they won't be back for awhile. "it took six months to plan!" and saying the point was "symbolically reclaiming" the capital from the jews. reminds me of hippies who are going to "ohm at the dome" to cast out its evil juju

https://twitter.com/MikevWUSA/status/1226656934851465222

is white bloc the new anti antifa

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I'm currently lowering my dose of Xanax. Should I go to Russia? So far it's been unnoticeable, but I only cut .5mg a day out.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Untrustable posted:

I'm currently lowering my dose of Xanax. Should I go to Russia? So far it's been unnoticeable, but I only cut .5mg a day out.

just lol if you're not constantly in a medically induced coma shitposting from a mindspace beyond reality by sheer force of will

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Cider House Drools

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Cider House Drools

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Azathoth posted:

just lol if you're not constantly in a medically induced coma shitposting from a mindspace beyond reality by sheer force of will

???? is that not what this forum is? I feel I’ve been lied to and would like to speak with a manager

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
lol if you don't have enrique speak to lowtax for you

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's pretty easy to get a prescription for benzos if you have a diagnosed anxiety disorder. Usually it's something like Ativan or Valium so you can knock the edge off of a panic attack.

This can lead to issues if you're not careful.
Can confirm, I had a prescription for 1 mg Ativan "as needed" that I was using nearly every night to get to sleep, and when I mentioned to my psychiatrist that I didn't think it was working that well anymore and I was concerned about what that meant, he upped my prescription to 2mg a day and told me to just go ahead and take it every night for sleep.

He was a nice dude, but not a good psychiatrist.

ETA: not sure what kind of benzo doses people would take, like, recreationally, but 2 mg a day is pretty high for a prescription dose.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

quote:

We organized the march to symbolically reclaim our nation's capital from the Jews, Marxists, & anti-white enemies in government who want to see white Americans erased
Ok but why do you have diapers on your faces

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Wait when did we capture the capital? Why didn't I hear about this?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

lol if you don't have enrique speak to lowtax for you

Been a while since I've seen that meme. Which thread did that start in anyway

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, tabletop game theory completely predicted the lobster's fall and folly

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
you're on top of the world and then some podcast imbeciles do unintentional reality warping magick while playing D&D and suddenly you're cursed

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Holy poo poo, tabletop game theory completely predicted the lobster's fall and folly

That must feel so good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Rod Dreher feeling very hurt right now:

https://twitter.com/playgraymom/status/1227200323133067264?s=20

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

lol that's not even a proper article! it's barely more than a tweet!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr. Killjoy posted:

you're on top of the world and then some podcast imbeciles do unintentional reality warping magick while playing D&D and suddenly you're cursed

Call of Cthulhu, unless there was another one I don't know about? Chapo's Call of Cthulhu episodes are my absolute favorite of all time and I really want to hear more of them.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

look at this jagoff:

https://twitter.com/BretWeinstein/status/1227416021348151296

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i feel pretty confident saying that jorp is in fact sicker than most of the people laughing at him

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Because being happy someone who's entire job it is to make peoples lives worse, which often results in their life ending, is so much worse than being horny for running over protesters, or spanking 16 year old girls who are worried about climate change, or threatening murder on basically anyone who even suggests some even minor and basic gun control, and so on.

They project so hard it makes Ultra AVX 3d look like a game boy screen.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

"we"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/1227412706170245120

it turns out antifa wasn't actually doing a terrorism on some chuds who LARP as slavers

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

link?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it turns out antifa wasn't actually doing a terrorism on some chuds who LARP as slavers

they gave away the game by saying "this is antifa, who are the real slaver nazis and I'm going to blow up the handsome men dressed up as freedom fighters. Soros pays me"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

proof the FBI doesn't read this thread or they would've learned that three years ago

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

The filing lays out evidence that Drake, a 61-year-old registered sex offender who has spent time in prison, sent the letters to exact revenge on Cedar Creek after it kicked him out of his unit.

imagine being so lovely the johnny reb cosplayers kick you out

quote:

As the FBI investigated the threats, certain details raised red flags. According to an FBI affidavit attached to the search warrant application, the Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation is a small organization with just one full-time employee, 12 board members, and a “small number” of volunteers. The person sending the threats somehow knew a lot about the inner workings of the group, including specific operating procedures, plans, and names only an insider would know. The sender was also strangely fixated with a former Cedar Creek volunteer named Shawn Mowbray, who hadn’t worked there since 2014.

“You also have a rat in your place, our information about everything you are or were doing came from him,” one of the letters said. “Yes, we like real information, but we also hate rats. You might want to get rid of him. Shawn Mowbray is your rat. We will continue to get information from our other friends.”

"Also not to tell y'all how to run things but y'all need to rehire Karen she bakes the best bear claws. Antifa out"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://i.redd.it/4jod5qp41eg41.png

edit: while we're on the subject, possibly dumb question, but is there an actual distinction between "mental addiction" and "physical addiction"? the lobsters keep saying there is, and jorp suffers from the latter, but is not lowly enough to suffer the former.

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 09:26 on Feb 12, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mr Interweb posted:

https://i.redd.it/4jod5qp41eg41.png

edit: while we're on the subject, possibly dumb question, but is there an actual distinction between "mental addiction" and "physical addiction"? the lobsters keep saying there is, and jorp suffers from the latter, but is not lowly enough to suffer the former.

yea, my understanding is that your body can become so accustomed to certain substances that you'll get physically sick and can actually die from withdrawal. e.g. delirium tremens

dunno how or whether it applies to jorp's benzos

e: this sounds p nasty

Dixie Cretin Seaman has issued a correction as of 09:44 on Feb 12, 2020

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
is this a grift, or is there any confirmation about peterson outside of grift daughter's word?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah uh, do we have a proof of life

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

looks like he's gonna go from being the albert einstein of anti-SJWs to the stephen hawking of anti-SJWs

more like the charlie gordon

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Jordan Petersen has become the alt-right's Ambrose Bierce, disappearing into a tumultuous country never to be seen again.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
how do i grift. should I just start repeating thomas sowell quotes or what

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jordan Peterson being peeboarded in a moscow KGB dungeon as Vladimir Putin paces frantically, wondering outloud to nobody and everybody why Trump won't call on the treehouse club phone anymore

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Peacoffee posted:

Jordan Petersen has become the alt-right's Caro, disappearing into a tumultuous country never to be seen again.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Shithouse Dave posted:

Jordan Petersen has become the alt-right's Laozi, riding a water buffalo into the desert never to be seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
oh wow