Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Don’t forget about the attitudes PRC peeps have towards Hong Kongers and vice versa
the ethnic/political majority in every single country of the world is racist against somebody, you weird little man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
have i told you about white anglo australians and the attitudes they have toward, everybody

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i say white anglo australians because they're the in-power group i am most familiar with. far away across the sea, i am told of a people called the americans. the powerful whites of this country are infinitely tolerant of human diversity and would never oppress anybody on the basis of their ancestral homeland

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
sentence COMMA ending

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we're getting off topic

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
As opposed to Han Chinese people, completely powerless and oppressed in the PRC

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BaconCopter posted:

sentence COMMA ending
punctuation is a tool of the colonists, fool

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
take it to cspam

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/meetissai/status/1227044107651936256

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mozi posted:

we're getting off topic
no we're not. we're talking about china and attitudes toward china, and chinese people, and in fact all asian people all over the world. in the context of coronavirus and how the surging global hard right will wield it as a weapon, we're still very much on-topic

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
i see

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Asian people is a category that includes Palestinians and Koreans, it’s not a category that means anything

Maybe you mean East Asian people. Look at the new hegemon, same as the old hegemon

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the disturbed nerds of gbs slide very quickly into fascism when they feel unsafe irl, it's a useful barometer of society

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Asian people is a category that includes Palestinians and Koreans, it’s not a category that means anything
look at this guy. you cannot act like i'm the crazy person here when the other guy just made this post

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

hallelujah posted:

the disturbed nerds of gbs slide very quickly into fascism when they feel unsafe irl, it's a useful barometer of society

I post in cspam same as you dipshit

If you think the prc is a friend to any left group anywhere you are a useful idiot

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Let's please not get this thread locked because of dumb racism arguments, they're always idiotic, never benefit anybody, and are just wave after wave of useless posts that clog the thread.

Instead, let's concentrate on the real enemy that must be mocked mercilessly, the surgical mask.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I post in cspam same as you dipshit

If you think the prc is a friend to any left group anywhere you are a useful idiot
i've legit never posted in cspam

i said nothing about prc's relationship to left groups anywhere, i said don't be racist against chinese people and people you think may be chinese. i will go through the past thousand posts and pick out the individual racist ones and embarrass lots of fundamentally decent people who are just scared they'll die of plague, so help me, i'll do it if you provoke me any further

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
cspam is leaking meanwhile I jsut want to post about lizard boobs

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

cspam is leaking meanwhile I jsut want to post about lizard boobs
we have the same hopes and dreams

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is this what coronavirus does? it turns you into cspam?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
So you are indeed not a cspam poster

Anyhow, it is really not a joke that prc peeps are hella bigoted towards each other and towards non prc Chinese in much the same way that white people are bigoted, it’s majority status, not being white, that breaks your brain

If you want to experience true racism as an Anglo person, go work in China. I mean, you won’t have it as bad as black people, but you will still probably experience more racism directed towards you than you will in your life

Uh, not now tho

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 12, 2020

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
We need to dam up cspam so it stops leaking into my glorious GBS.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Rad-daddio posted:

We need to dam up cspam so it stops leaking into my glorious GBS.

You will never stop my cspam posting and my gbs posting and my yosposting

Gws posting you could prolly stop me from tho

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

hallelujah posted:

are they interesting, or just "update #4403 still stuck in my cabin" with a bunch of people doing the crying like

I’ll have to ask her tonight, I don’t know who they are.

But she did mention that (1) they were posting updates about the trip before the quarantine and boy did the tone change and (2) they actually have quarantine insurance but the Japanese government won’t let them get picked up

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

You will never stop my cspam posting and my gbs posting and my yosposting

Gws posting you could prolly stop me from tho

You don't have to stop, just categorize it better.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Oh and that they could hear someone hacking their lungs up in a room nearby

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggan posted:

(2) they actually have quarantine insurance but the Japanese government won’t let them get picked up

What the gently caress

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
This just pushed to my phone:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/coronavirus-could-kill-45000000-and-infect-60-per-cent-of-global-population-12225048/

:stonk:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Seriously. Never heard of quarantine insurance.

Getting an early family guy volcano insurance vibe from this.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Seriously. Never heard of quarantine insurance.

Getting an early family guy volcano insurance vibe from this.

You can get insurance for individual body parts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah no. Metro isn't a reliable source of anything. This is just racist fear mongering because the virus originated from China. This virus has been very small and well contained so far. It'll kill far less people than the flu does in a single year in the United States, and yet no one ever cares about the flu death count, and that virus even has a much easier time spreading.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

hallelujah posted:

no we're not. we're talking about china and attitudes toward china, and chinese people, and in fact all asian people all over the world. in the context of coronavirus and how the surging global hard right will wield it as a weapon, we're still very much on-topic

this is the loving covid-19 thread. there is a different china thread if you want to talk about racism thank you very much. i don't like it either but this is OBVIOUSLY NOT THE THREAD to go over it for pages on end

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

This virus has been very small

Thank you mr president

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Yeah no. Metro isn't a reliable source of anything. This is just racist fear mongering because the virus originated from China. This virus has been very small and well contained so far. It'll kill far less people than the flu does in a single year in the United States, and yet no one ever cares about the flu death count, and that virus even has a much easier time spreading.

It was 500 people in wuhan 3 weeks ago, containment has failed in the prc

We have to wait and see if the containment based on national lines would work. Almost surely failed in thailand s’pore and japan

It does absolutely have at least 10x death rate compared to the normal flu, who knows what the impact is

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

hallelujah posted:

i've legit never posted in cspam

i said nothing about prc's relationship to left groups anywhere, i said don't be racist against chinese people and people you think may be chinese. i will go through the past thousand posts and pick out the individual racist ones and embarrass lots of fundamentally decent people who are just scared they'll die of plague, so help me, i'll do it if you provoke me any further

gently caress China, tho.

e: Also lol at that loving article up page. Why would you compare X to terrorism. Terrorism is one of the most minor possible threats to human life on this planet. What kind of an idiot compares a pandemic to terrorism.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nurge posted:

gently caress China

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

"could"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Probably should

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
General Bullshit > have quarantine insurance but the Japanese government won’t let us get picked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone is going to be *coughs up blood onto shirt* fine. You'll all see there was nothing to worry about.