Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's fine. Bomb his inbox with complaints and reasons he's wrong and he'll probably reconsider. Unlike most politicians he actually gives a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

What is with the plane?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He didn't call Evo a bad president. To me it sounded like he said "not a good PRECEDENT" after they talked about Evo being couped

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sanders was about the only candidate to call it a coup i think so eh still the best

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
bernie’s right and evo morales’s cowardice and blind devotion to liberal legalist ideals is directly responsible for the brutal military dictatorship that bolivia has become.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jesuguer/status/1226642474787131393

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

He didn't call Evo a bad president. To me it sounded like he said "not a good PRECEDENT" after they talked about Evo being couped

lol the american left circular firing squad strikes again

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Precedent, President, basically the same thing

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
For what it is worth, Bernie has the strongest possible endorsement from my Latin American friends still in Latin America, in that they are all certain the CIA will kill him if it looks like he's going to win.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

Precedent, President, basically the same thing

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

In a call with his lawyer he said he wouldn’t turn himself in because he knew they’d kill him.

https://twitter.com/julianadalpiva/status/1226548389220884480?s=21

joepinetree posted:

For what it is worth, Bernie has the strongest possible endorsement from my Latin American friends still in Latin America, in that they are all certain the CIA will kill him if it looks like he's going to win.

On the other hand, the last one (alledgedly) murdered by them was JFK, and gently caress that guy and what he planned for Latin America

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

just heard a blip on npr today where they mentioned that guaido returned to venezuela with a heroes welcome from his supporters but also promaduro people at the airport were there too and they were hella mad that guaido supports sanctions on the venezuela state airline thats been loving with their jobs

i was just kind of struck at how even in a puff piece designed to make guaido look legitimate they could only identify something guaido does that makes people hate him and not any of the good things president legitimacy is doing to inspire his supporters

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Some Guy TT posted:

just heard a blip on npr today where they mentioned that guaido returned to venezuela with a heroes welcome from his supporters but also promaduro people at the airport were there too and they were hella mad that guaido supports sanctions on the venezuela state airline thats been loving with their jobs

i was just kind of struck at how even in a puff piece designed to make guaido look legitimate they could only identify something guaido does that makes people hate him and not any of the good things president legitimacy is doing to inspire his supporters
welcome home mr interim president =)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tfw ur welcomed as a liberator

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

How many of my tax dollars are going towards flying guaido supporters to Venezuela ??

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SorePotato posted:

How many of my tax dollars are going towards flying guaido supporters to Venezuela ??

Is that what we call CIA agents now?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

welcome home mr interim president =)

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1227368952038293504

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
permanent curb your enthusiasm theme following him around everywhere he goes

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol the american left circular firing squad strikes again

I'm glad he said "precedent" and not "president" but the last part of the statement is still stupid. Putin isn't a communist and you can't reverse redbait the Republicans.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1228011197141790720

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1228429069550784512?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1229220338476687361

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sorry we had to cancel the elections for the sake of democracy

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i will lol heartily if MAS somehow retakes power after this mess

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

V. Illych L. posted:

they wont

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

Anez will find some way to ban their candidate three days before the election and everyone will nod thoughtfully and say "yes...democracy"

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

so long as the MAS candidate doesn't hit 40% the fascists are fine with them winning the first round

and if they do come close to hitting the 40% threshold the elections will be rigged so blatantly that even the OAS might be forced to put out a weak tsk tsk press release that will be completely ignored by the media

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

tell me more about the guy with the gaudy fur collar and the fireman hat

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

He represents the coca farmers apparently lol.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
OAS hires Troy Price as new head of Venezuelan operations

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Randomly stumbled upon this 2012 headline.
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/252583847118639104?s=20
Chavez was a shitlib like me. :stare:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

Anez will find some way to ban their candidate three days before the election and everyone will nod thoughtfully and say "yes...democracy"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

lol camacho's gotta be pissed at anez. he led the coup, they picked her as the temporary, transitional figurehead, and now...

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

and if they do come close to hitting the 40% threshold the elections will be rigged so blatantly that even the OAS might be forced to put out a weak tsk tsk press release that will be completely ignored by the media
yeah this is the problem, if MAS is going to win there's no reason not to expect the election to be stolen the way it was in honduras. OAS may even mention "Hmm this was likely stolen" and then everyone goes awkwardly quiet as nothing happens and the illegitimate government rolls forward

Echo Chamber posted:

Randomly stumbled upon this 2012 headline.
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/252583847118639104?s=20
Chavez was a shitlib like me. :stare:
george w bush/bolton had run a coup against his government and obama was running as a peacemaker so i get it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I like how the NBC news chyron didn't even call him "interim president"

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020

zegermans posted:

I like how the NBC news chyron didn't even call him "interim president"

luckily, the National Assembly made a pretend law that allows Guaido to be president for life if he so chooses

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
can anyone link me or summarize what’s happening in Mexico right now? seeing a lot of stories on whatsapp chat groups and Facebook/ig that some little girl was murdered and now AMLO is being blamed for it?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theres no way they let them take power again after that coup

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

poo poo pee pee posted:

luckily, the National Assembly made a pretend law that allows Guaido to be president for life if he so chooses

didn't Maduro just make a his own assembly with blackjack and hookers anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

theres no way they let them take power again after that coup

It's not completely impossible since the coup regime seems to splinter and the police is already complaining that they aren't getting the promised loot.