Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1227341907333791746?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also worth pointing out that the individual planks of Bernie's platform regularly poll well above majority support.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Multiple things can be true.
1. Bernie is the lone frontrunner and currently the only candidate with a clear path to the nomination.
2. The hope that Bernie would effectively have this wrapped up after Super Tuesday is looking increasingly out of touch with reality.

I don't think anyone expected the rapid coalescense behind Pete. Lol at Warren and Joe for not even being able to split the succ vote properly.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Nice meltdown.

(thinking extremely hard) shut the gently caress up, liberal

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Harrow posted:

Looking forward to everyone going full knives-out on Bloomberg at the Nevada debate, because every candidate should want him out of the running as soon as possible. Either he's an obviously awful and amoral billionaire who must be destroyed (Bernie's angle), or he's spoiling their chance to dominate the moderate lane (everyone else's angle).

not if they're hoping to get on his ticket if he starts doing well

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nothus posted:

I don't think anyone expected the rapid coalescense behind Pete. Lol at Warren and Joe for not even being able to split the succ vote properly.

Here's hoping Klobuchar and Bloomberg are more effective succ spoilers

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

these people all want one thing:

an apology

they want an apology for pointing out their faves suck and that they no longer have the relative moral high ground to assuage their guilt over the systems that oppress and damage so many others

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

AdmiralViscen posted:

The leftist “losers” in 2018 were in D-40 districts that they swung to D-10 while the “successful moderates” were in gerrymandered D-5 districts they swung to D+5

They also did so with little to no party machine support, and in the two years since the successful moderates have utterly failed at everything they campaigned on.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

(thinking extremely hard) shut the gently caress up, liberal

:hmmyes:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

John you idiot. now you’re going to be special taxed since you won the Tony, Emmy, and Oscar

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

lol trmpo got impeached for trying to dig up dirt on the guy in 5th place

quoting myself to say: imagine trop calling xi jinping demanding material on andrew yang

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sir Tonk posted:

he has black staffers?

yeah but they get their own office by themselves 24 hours a day in another facility that can onlyt be reached by phone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*bernie wins his first two primaries in a row*

c-spam: clearly pete is unstoppable

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ProperGanderPusher posted:

What’s the best answer to the succ assertion that “The 2018 midterms are proof that Americans in swing states want calm, cool collected moderates and not radicals like Bernie”?

jon ossoff

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Yinlock posted:

*bernie wins his first two primaries in a row*

c-spam: clearly pete is unstoppable

There are like two people azying. The rest of us know Pete is complete dog poo poo that will tank, especially when Bloomberg jumps in.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Nice meltdown.

shut the gently caress up

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I made a peteism and I’m sorry in advance

quote:

You don’t need to be a triple parens type to know that the exponential cost of healthcare is dividing America when it can instead be used to multiply voices to add to the new political reality and subtract the negativity from those against Medicare for all who want it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Echo Chamber posted:

Is there an archive of political ads before the YouTube era?

I distinctly remember a 2001 Bloomberg ad with Rudy Giuliani explaining why he'd be a great mayor. But I have trouble finding it on YouTube, and I'd like to watch it again.

edit: Looking at Wikipedia, and I didn't know Giuliani's 1997 challenger Ruth Messenger was DSA.

i found this for presidential campaign ads but i'm not sure if lower office campaign ads would be bothered to be archived or put on youtube unless they're especially infamous

http://www.livingroomcandidate.org/

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

who are the black law makers that endorsed Mike Bloomberg??

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Let's all take a moment to remind our succ friends that even if Pete wins, he would lose (and we'd all lose with him):

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_buttigieg-6872.html

Maybe we shouldn't run the empty platitudes man with deep-state ties against Trump.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1227643585404731392?s=19
https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1227644651806613504?s=19

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Looking forward to Van Jones going full Daou, and Maddow calling him a Russian asset on live TV.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

What’s the best answer to the succ assertion that “The 2018 midterms are proof that Americans in swing states want calm, cool collected moderates and not radicals like Bernie”?

the losses in the senate were all worthless centrists

alternatively,

Nichael posted:

"shut the gently caress up liberal"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yeah but the counterpoint to this is after super tuesday those candidates have to say "yes im staying in just to cause a contested convention and prevent the most popular candidate from winning"

so its unclear if voters will keep voting for them as that becomes more obvious

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

weird, almost seems like it's by design so the dnc can handpick whom they see fit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

good thing bernie will win them all then

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Phone posted:

I made a peteism and I’m sorry in advance

“Moral position is reflected in a society that doesn’t value racial justice.”

and

“It is time to join the ranks of nations that have put the hope of home ownership behind them.”

back to back

mayopete.io is p good

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol at Chris Coo*s backing Loser Joe Biden

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I understand being concerned that Pete is a literal CIA op that's going to be rammed through(this worry is always in the back of my mind as well) but yeah if you think these elections are real he should not be your chief concern

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

At some point in this process if Bernie is way up in the popular vote and up on delegates he can call for unity and for the Democratic Party to rally around him with around 30% of the dels remaining. This will be particularly powerful with Bloomberg trying to buy the race.

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

Lmao

Why is he so good at this one specific thing

"Sometimes referred to" is a great touch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I understand being concerned that Pete is a literal CIA op that's going to be rammed through(this worry is always in the back of my mind as well) but yeah if you think these elections are real he should not be your chief concern

yeah the needing-landslides thing is more true for pete than anyone, bernie still has a ton of states left to win big while pete has basically missed his chance entirely(and will likely lose delegates from the legal challenge to the idp)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1227656111097909248?s=19

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/politics_polls/status/1227655827257012227?s=21

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The collective egos/malicious intent of non-bernies in this race is my one and only concern at the moment when it comes to this primary.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao every state. every. last. one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:bernget20: :bernget20::bernget20: :bernget20:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol these people are incapable of understanding "water wet" unless its printed in the nyt or wapo opinion pages

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again

holy poo poo!

And Bloomberg's got his ads on TV here 24/7. Makes me sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

"What is a swing state?"