Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
There's no need to lie when the truth does just as good if not better of a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Politics is war and you're the conscript who looks down his gun's barrel and pulls the trigger to see what happens

a successful Bernie campaign was always gonna have to survive having just the dumbest motherfuckers alive on its side loving up nonstop, but maybe still you should leave the clever thinking to people who are good at it chief

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You hate me because I tell the truth.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's not about the moral high ground, it's the simple truth of "intentionally spreading false information is in direct opposition to the core appeal of the candidate that we are supposedly trying to help." People like Bernie because he's honest. That's why Warren's lie blew up so loving bad. His word is his reputation.

playing into the "we're ambassadors for bernie" just lends credence to the whole mean bernie bro thing

it's not so much that we should start forming coordinated operations to drop fake news on everyone, just that it's gonna get done to us regardless

but yeah the warren campaign is done anyway so this particular one isn't really a hill worth dying on I guess

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bernie will win texas

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Impkins Patootie posted:

Risperdal

More and more people are saying this!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Thoguh posted:

Small lily white states are Warren's core demographic though. Iowa and New Hampshire were especially friendly to Warren and Buttigieg and demographically not great for Sanders.

https://twitter.com/madsmaru/status/1227716208713060352

people are insanely confused on who warrens demo is.

they have lied to themselves into believing she is actually Bernie

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

unmeidestiny posted:

stuff like this IMO justifies us lying about other campaigns. they're gonna do it to us with money and muscle behind it and retweeting something speculating about the financial health of the warren campaign is not even in the same league as "medicare for all will be worse than your union health insurance"

elizabeth warren's campaign does not control the Nevada Culinary Union.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

SKULL.GIF posted:

B
E
R
N
I
E

S
A
N
D
E
R
S

B
E
R
N
I
E

S
A
N  O
D
E
R
S  U  R  R  E  N  D  E  R

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Small lily white states are Warren's core demographic though. Iowa and New Hampshire were especially friendly to Warren and Buttigieg and demographically not great for Sanders.

https://twitter.com/madsmaru/status/1227716208713060352

The diehard Warren people are gonna be as bad as khive once she finally bites it

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The tweets saying Warren can't afford to pay her campaign staff are going to be true in 2 weeks, and that's true enough for me.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

well my understanding is that they couldnt afford to pay them off even if they wanted to. in fact my sources say they are reduced to eating scraps of shoe leather and huddling in piles to survive the bitter cold

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lord of Pie posted:

The diehard Warren people are gonna be as bad as khive once she finally bites it

yeah, but if we do LYING then all of the khive deadenders won’t vote for bernie

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

AngryBooch posted:

The tweets saying Warren can't afford to pay her campaign staff are going to be true in 2 weeks, and that's true enough for me.

Yeah, think about it as a down payment on the truth.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lord of Pie posted:

there's an extremely vocal group of warren folks who were hillary dead enders, neverbernie types. They'll be pretty wild once she drops, but a lot of semi-plugged in Warren supporters have Bernie as their second choice. Don't be too mean to them when it happens.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Legend has it that LBJ, in one of his early congressional campaigns, told one of his aides to spread the story that Johnson's opponent hosed pigs. The aide responded "Christ, Lyndon, we can't call the guy a pigfucker. It isn't true." To which LBJ supposedly replied "Of course it ain't true, but I want to make the son-of-a-bitch deny it."

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How does that possibly accomplish anything?

its good to sabotage warren and demoralize the people working for her

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Dolash posted:

Wait, isn't Warren's campaign in trouble though? I mean she got third and fourth, and the person in her "lane" (as much as that matters) was first in both, plus leading her in the next few contests. If that's not a recipe for people abandoning ship I don't know what is.

it's gonna own when wall street and silicon valley oligarchs start paying her to stay in the race just to try and tank bernie and she takes the money and says i'll give it a shot!

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

imo the warren campaign already seems to think it's been ghostbanned, if you want to mess with them just maintain radio silence

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
just got off the phone with an undecided voter. they were leaning sanders, but then they saw a berniebro being a cop-brained snitch scold in a c-spam thread, pushing them away and towards bloomberg.

as the face of the bernie campaign we must do better

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Legend has it that LBJ, in one of his early congressional campaigns, told one of his aides to spread the story that Johnson's opponent hosed pigs. The aide responded "Christ, Lyndon, we can't call the guy a pigfucker. It isn't true." To which LBJ supposedly replied "Of course it ain't true, but I want to make the son-of-a-bitch deny it."

i'm no historian but it sounds like you're talking about a general election

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

my sources in the know say that liz warren's campaign is so poor that she can't afford her Risperdal prescription co-pay and this is why we need medicare for all

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

No but Harry Reid does.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

One of these is not like the other. I know the valley is full of Latinos but drat, McAllen is in the middle of the desert

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

call the guy a pigfucker
There is no publicly available photograph proving any reports that Peter the Rat did indeed gently caress a pig. I want to be very clear - you have no way to prove that little Mayor Pete Buttigieg has in fact hosed a pig.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Thoguh posted:

No but Harry Reid does.

this thought will not have any effect on warren supporters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bass Concert Hall posted:

One of these is not like the other. I know the valley is full of Latinos but drat, McAllen is in the middle of the desert

Gets you somewhat near Laredo, Brownsville and Corpus?

Seems like El Paso is missing on the list.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

this thought will not have any effect on warren supporters.

for real, what would? anyone hanging on to warren after last night is either in the grieving process or is a die hard that is going to go down with the ship

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Noam Chomsky posted:

Can anyone explain to me why Bloomberg polls so well? Just ad-buys?

Facebook friends are cheerleading a Bloomberg/Klob ticket.

A lot of low information voters who have been bombarded by the double-fists of an unprecedented ad blitz and very positive media coverage(well until recently).

Once people learn who Bloomberg is he's done.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m starting the long slow process of reeducating my sister, who's a longtime warren fan. asked her what she sees as the path to victory. she said there isn't one unless she wins SC and since she has lower support among minorities that probably won’t happen

I’m relieved that she doesn’t seem to be terminally lib brained and may yet become a sanders sib

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

i think a lot of "warren #1, sanders #2" voters exist.

i think warren people accumulating spiteful feelings toward sanders & siblings because of dumb poo poo is exactly the kind of thing that nudges "actually, Klobuchar/Warren is my new #2 choice" toward reality

Online is for total war, the real world is for feigning politeness and asking what Warren supporters care about in a futile effort to assuage their massive, gravitationally unstable egos and leaving their smooth baby bird brains with the impression that gosh those Bernie supporters aren’t so bad after all. They’re liberals. They’re succ. They’re that sub-10% of the terminally online, non-disenfranchised, democratic primary voting block that hasn’t already osmoted to another succ candidate. Your time would be better spent leafleting a Walmart than trying to coax these idiots out of the bunker.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1227673455883149312?s=19

Maximum Boot is having a normal one about Bernie today

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lol, it's Neera's all the way down.

https://twitter.com/QueenInYeIIow/status/1227724298128908288

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
crossposting from the NH thread cuz it's dead now and this is relevant to the convo

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

so... the moderates want warren to stay in, yeah?

yesterday and today, all of warren/biden/butt are pushing the "i'm in it for the long haul" message to make it clear that the brokered convention strategy is still alive.

but warren's funding has taken a huge hit, hasn't it? and warren's recently made those bizarre :actually: arguments about how she's the Candidate Most Pure in regard to dark money. (of note: warren used that opportunity to praise klobuchar for the same thing) i wonder if warren's campaign actually has a plan. because that sounds like the opposite of a plan.

tbh i'm startin to feel the "right now Warren is only thinking about pitching herself as VP to Klob or Butt" theory

Warren stays in the race, sometimes missing viability, sometimes hitting good ~20% results in her better states.
This keeps Warren relevant in the news and gives her a good rhetorical answer for why she's still in it.
Warren staying in the race only increases the chances of a brokered convention, which the moderates are hoping for.
Warren then gets the chance to wait and see regarding which moderate horse she should back.
Buttigieg/Warren or Klobuchar/Warren will be pushed as the "unity" choice. (or Bloomberg/Warren, but I really don't think Bloomberg is going to win many actual votes from the Butt/Klob crowd... or from anyone else, for that matter)

just one way it might play out. not the way i hope for, and 6 months ago it is not what i would have expected out of Warren. but that was then. i hope i'm wrong. thanx for reading, don't forget to like and subscribe :love:

if warren's play is to stay in purely for a VP nod, it doesn't matter if she's broke. she can coast.

warren's voters are what matters. if they're the type that would ditch Warren because he's not going to win... they're already gone.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1227673455883149312?s=19

Maximum Boot is having a normal one about Bernie today

Looks like the NeoCons will be looking for a new party soon.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

there's an extremely vocal group of warren folks who were hillary dead enders, neverbernie types. They'll be pretty wild once she drops, but a lot of semi-plugged in Warren supporters have Bernie as their second choice. Don't be too mean to them when it happens.

yeah, weaponizing shitposting against actual threats (see: butt, bloomberg) is cool and good but warren is completely dead in the water, there is nothing to be gained and a risk of sending them towards a different candidate

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zhulik posted:

getting my feathers ruffled by the indecorous antics of these jeering urchins

I'm a little gay urchin, please be inclusive and respectful of my heckling

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

The Nevada Culinary Union denounced Warren yesterday in the same statement that attacked Bernie yesterday. They consider the two candidates' plans more or less the same.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Nevada Culinary Union denounced Warren yesterday in the same statement that attacked Bernie yesterday. They consider the two candidates' plans more or less the same.

It's Neera reaching out from her Xanex and Wine tweet cave.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nyforsanders/status/1227710818973822977?s=21

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

the left has been betrayed like 5000 times

tope 5000 leftist anime betrayals