Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone reported it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

quote:

Both Bischoff and Meltzer were on the Chris Jericho cruise last week, however Bischoff pointed out on the latest edition of 83 Weeks that their paths did not cross. While a confrontation was avoided there, Meltzer was involved in an incident with WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

"I didn't run into [Meltzer], but interestingly enough, Booker T did," Bischoff said.

Bischoff said that Chavo Guerrero told him that Booker T ripped into Meltzer on the cruise.

"I had heard that there was this confrontation where Dave Meltzer decided that he was going to join Booker T and Ric Flair, who were sitting at a table at in a green room," Bischoff said. "Dave just decided, 'Hey, I'm going to sit down and hang out with the boys', being the jock sniffer that he really is, although he says he's not, he really, really is.

"[Laughing] Booker T looked at him - from what I've been told, I wasn't there, I didn't see it - and went absolutely off on him. Dave, being the p--sy that he is, tucked his tail and ran."

Booker T has had his issues with Meltzer in the past, including recently when Meltzer said that the WWE Hall of Fame was hard to take seriously because Stevie Ray was being inducted, as part of Harlem Heat last year. Bischoff said he managed to catch up with Booker at the end of the cruise, who confirmed the story.

"Sure enough, as I was disembarking off the ship in Miami, I was like the fourth one off the ship, Booker T and Sharmell were right ahead of me," Bischoff said. "I asked Booker about it, and he got all lit up about it again at 7:30 in the morning. I said, 'sorry man, I'm sorry I brought it up.' He goes, 'no man, I like talking about it!' But yeah, Booker wanted to rip his head off!"

https://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/news/2020/02/booker-t-has-confrontation-with-dave-meltzer-on-chris-665784/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Booker T ain't poo poo these days. he can ride in the bus with CM Punk and the other losers.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Has anyone reported it?

Meltzer alluded to a confrontation on the second Q&A podcast from the cruise, but I’m not sure if this is what he was referring to.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Booker is trying to get paid by both Wwe and AEW/Conrad. Dave reported that Booker was at Starrcast, then he pulled out because of wwe pressures. Booker went on radio and said Dave lies and wwe didn’t tell him to pull out. Dave then went on radio and poo poo all over Harlem Heat going in the wwe HoF. Pretty petty on both sides, imo.

I also don’t believe Bichoff’s version of events from the boat, since he constantly lies and has an insane hard-on for Dave.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Booker is trying to get paid by both Wwe and AEW/Conrad. Dave reported that Booker was at Starrcast, then he pulled out because of wwe pressures. Booker went on radio and said Dave lies and wwe didn’t tell him to pull out. Dave then went on radio and poo poo all over Harlem Heat going in the wwe HoF. Pretty petty on both sides, imo.

I also don’t believe Bichoff’s version of events from the boat, since he constantly lies and has an insane hard-on for Dave.

Dave always makes fun of WWE putting bad acts in the Hall of Fame.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The problem is giving the WWE HoF serious consideration in the first place. If the boss wants to give his trusted henchman a fuckin trophy, who loving cares?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave was 100 percent correct about the Hall of Fame and Booker was being a mark about getting into the Hall of Fame that Vince decides on a month beforehand while he's taking a poo poo

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

booker has always been a mark

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Booker T, go rob another Wendy's you loving jabroni

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Dave always makes fun of WWE putting bad acts in the Hall of Fame.

Harlem Heat was a good tag team and Stevie is a legendary commentator

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bischoff is really mad at Dave for writing the Death of WCW, which he knows for a fact he did because Dave Meltzer is listed as the author on the front of the book.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

They did the right thing because even if AEW were to fail, and it may someday, but I doubt any time soon, they’ll be able to walk right into WWE as top stars no matter what.
Vince would bury them for years to prove he was right all along.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Vince would bury them for years to prove he was right all along.

Look what he did to Sting. I'm still mad about that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

Look what he did to Sting. I'm still mad about that.
Jesus gently caress, me too. What a farce that was.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sting at least got a cool entrance with the taiko band and everything. I mean it was stupid and didn't make any sense but it was cool that a taiko band was playing???

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

coconono posted:

The problem is giving the WWE HoF serious consideration in the first place. If the boss wants to give his trusted henchman a fuckin trophy, who loving cares?

the wwe hall of shame

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Sting at least got a cool entrance with the taiko band and everything. I mean it was stupid and didn't make any sense but it was cool that a taiko band was playing???

do more non sequitur cool poo poo with entrances, i say

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Punch McLightning posted:

do more non sequitur cool poo poo with entrances, i say

Yeah I agree. Wrestling doesn’t have to always make sense. It just has to look cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The hype video for Sting appearing in WWE 2K15 was better than anything WWE did with Sting.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What did Sting do in WWE? Lose to HHH (proving that DX won the war) and then get injured into retirement by Seth. That's it right?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Davros1 posted:

The hype video for Sting appearing in WWE 2K15 was better than anything WWE did with Sting.

Vince never letting go of the whole wcw thing and bringing sting in to lose to HHH in a massive vanity match for the nwo/dx was perfect wwe.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Seams posted:

What did Sting do in WWE? Lose to HHH (proving that DX won the war) and then get injured into retirement by Seth. That's it right?

Did that really funny statue segment too, I got a kick out of that one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sting (AND STING ALONE, THERE WAS NO DOLPH ZIGGLER THERE) defeated The Authority's team singlehandled by himself and certainly without any help from Dolph Ziggler in a Survivor Series match, I believe.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I remember he won a tag match but I'm not sure if it was by dq or not...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah the Sting HHH match turning into NWO vs DX for no real explained reason other than Vince McMahon didn't have any confidence in Sting working. That bullshit. gently caress WWE for that.

Seth injuring Sting sucked but even Sting was cool about it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jerusalem posted:

Bischoff is really mad at Dave for writing the Death of WCW, which he knows for a fact he did because Dave Meltzer is listed as the author on the front of the book.

I’m mad at Dave for never finishing his several part review of Bischoffs book where he goes over every lie mentioned

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

coconono posted:

yeah the Sting HHH match turning into NWO vs DX for no real explained reason other than Vince McMahon didn't have any confidence in Sting working. That bullshit. gently caress WWE for that.

Seth injuring Sting sucked but even Sting was cool about it.

I still hate the way WWE massively changed the story of the match on the day and hoped we wouldn't care. It was "the vigilante" Vs the corporate game, and then it all got confused.

HulkaMatt posted:

I’m mad at Dave for never finishing his several part review of Bischoffs book where he goes over every lie mentioned

Boo, Dave, boo!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Just do it on the Monumental Podcast! Perfect book after Hogan's!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Sting (AND STING ALONE, THERE WAS NO DOLPH ZIGGLER THERE) defeated The Authority's team singlehandled by himself and certainly without any help from Dolph Ziggler in a Survivor Series match, I believe.
realtalk that was the last time Ziggler was good. He and Seth looked so awesome together in that match until some fossils from the 90s made themselves the real stars

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the best part of sting in wwe was the video of that guy freaking out about it

love that guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was just hilarious that Ziggler came out the next night and got given the chance to make a big speech, and said,"I did what I always dreamed of doing... I sports-entertained you!" and basically from that point forward they just pretended it was all Sting who did it alone with nothing but the inspiration provided to him by his childhood hero John Cena.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It was just hilarious that Ziggler came out the next night and got given the chance to make a big speech, and said,"I did what I always dreamed of doing... I sports-entertained you!"

Sometimes I'll think of this and I can't remember if I imagined it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

realtalk that was the last time Ziggler was good. He and Seth looked so awesome together in that match until some fossils from the 90s made themselves the real stars

He was good in the Miz feud when he got kicked 190 times in the nuts

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Ziggler's near death from exhaustion shtick was a good fit for the end of that 40+ minute SS match, too bad he uses in virtually every match he's in regardless of length.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Trying to find it on youtube and instead I found a video of Triple H doing a promo before Survivor Series (I assume) saying,"Hey Dolph if you win John Cena will just end up getting the credit" :lol:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

He was good in the Miz feud when he got kicked 190 times in the nuts

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheKingslayer posted:

I never saw that and have no memory of it but it definitely has that ring of "I dreamed that i remembered doing something but then in my dream I second guessed that it ever actually happened and then I woke up and said 'yeah, that obviously never happened, weird.'"

So I imagine WWE did it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress, I legit remembered that Sting was actually IN the team. He wasn't. He just showed up as a distraction to enable Dolph Ziggler on behalf of his eliminated Team Captain John Cena to win the match. And it's still remembered by WWE as Sting defeating The Authority instead. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reminder that Dolph ate one pedigree and was unconscious for a two count, an entire Sting entrance, a long face-off between Sting and HHH, Sting beating HHH up, Sting dragging Dolph onto Rollins, another ref running in, and a three count