Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

finally an alternative to forsithiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

oohhboy posted:

Who is the guy who drank so much Colloidal silver that he turned blue? I remember him looking like the MIB from Deus Ex.

We’ve got somebody like that in my town, I’ve seen him once doing his grocery shopping in the very early morning

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Bleach kills it too. Bathe in it and drink it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/1227744194266947585

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Yum

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's all for show because the money is contaminated, the cup is contaminated, and the person handling the cup and counting change is also sending the food down the ramp

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poverty goat posted:

it's all for show because the money is contaminated, the cup is contaminated, and the person handling the cup and counting change is also sending the food down the ramp

ah but they drink a cup of hot water in between orders

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
total cases increasing by 30% in a day is okay right

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It means a batch of tests came in

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The tests that work or the ones that don't?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no they changed how they're counting. diagnosed but not positively tested patients are now included

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I posted this in the virus thread:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Screenshotted 1 hour apart:

Lolkit them graphs!

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

CIGNX posted:

Following up on this, I found out there's something called "unripe" or "raw" or "sheng" puerh. Normally puerh is allowed to ferment, which give it its characteristically funky flavor, but unripe puerh isn't fermented and is essentially sun-dried green tea. It has a much more pale liquid, and some people describe it as having a smokey flavor. Here's a link from a US distributor

https://taooftea.com/product/green-tuocha/

This seems to match up with what you had. It has the Tuo cha nest-shape, it's a puerh from Yunnan, but it also has green tea-ish flavor.

What a rabbit hole. I did not know the distinction between this tea and "normal" green tea. I just assumed because I don't get caffeinated the same way as with black tea (which now I know is actually red tea). So I'll have to try out a few kinds to see what tastes good. Your link helps, as does knowing what the tea is called.

Atopian, I don't know how to taobao, so this will have to remain a mystery. Thank you all the same, and peanut and other people, too.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I posted this in the virus thread:

Lolkit them graphs!

China #1

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

:ohno:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

5er posted:

Y'all award ceremony defenders are loving idiots; but I appreciate this thread still for giving me new teas to look up and try.

lol I don't give a poo poo about the Oscars I just think you specifically suck

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The y'all really explains the stupid hot take

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Lol R "Genocide Explainer" Guyovich's parachute account got outed in the CSPAM Wuflu thread.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Known Lecher posted:

Lol R "Genocide Explainer" Guyovich's parachute account got outed in the CSPAM Wuflu thread.

Was he actually banned? I thought he just resigned.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

When it started to look like he was going to be banned, he pulled a "well uh, actually i was about to resign soon anyway because I'm SUPER BUSY irl, c ya later" and self-banned like a coward.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Known Lecher posted:

Don't keep us in suspense, what was it in particular?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

WarpedNaba posted:

- 2018 regdate that suddenly started posting in late 2019
- posts almost exclusively in the CSPAM Bernie and WuFlu threads (and also the thread titled "a spooky spectre is haunting cspam, the spectre of /r/guyovich" lmao),
- has the same sneering dismissal of anyone who doesn't minimize and parrot the official Chinese state media line on the pandemic

a real three-pipe problem here.

This post seems to be the one that did it though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarpedNaba posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the unnamed parachute account can only post

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Admins should pull the IP logs and ban the dumbfuck for evading a permaban if that's the case, just as they would with any other account.

But they won't, they'll protect their own to the bitter end. If Aatrek was around today he'd have an obvious parachute and none of the mods would give a poo poo.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://mobile.twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1227769838472318977

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bury it

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

R Guy or the bullet train?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rime posted:

Admins should pull the IP logs and ban the dumbfuck for evading a permaban if that's the case, just as they would with any other account.

But they won't, they'll protect their own to the bitter end. If Aatrek was around today he'd have an obvious parachute and none of the mods would give a poo poo.

lol

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Goon drama will always be the most pathetic drama there is

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So it seems unlikely now with this pandemic, but before all this there was a possibility my company was going to send me to Beijing for work. As I really don't want to go, or quit, what are the best posts I can make on my Facebook to ensure I will get denied a visa? TIA

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Agreed just bury the whole hi speed train line

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Super Waffle posted:

So it seems unlikely now with this pandemic, but before all this there was a possibility my company was going to send me to Beijing for work. As I really don't want to go, or quit, what are the best posts I can make on my Facebook to ensure I will get denied a visa? TIA

Free tibet

Free uigurs

Xi looks like poo

Hong Kong freedom

Taiwan #1

Literally any criticism will work

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

Just demand they pay you an assload of money. Anywhere is okay if you get paid enough.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rime posted:

i mean given he permabanned himself as forums seppuku, rather than getting permabanned for something, i could see the admins just kind of going "whatever" at it

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

LimburgLimbo posted:

Just demand they pay you an assload of money. Anywhere is okay if you get paid enough.

Considering the project is a joint venture with the Chinese government and also my lungs aren't too great, there is no amount of money they could pay me to go :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 28, 2021

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Super Waffle posted:

plague, cholera and yellow fever are all sections of the health check you gotta get before coming.

I think you can get the plague from squirrels in Colorado or something, the others I'm not exactly sure. Get them all together, take the health check, get rid of them. I think this is a fool proof plan I cant really see what could go wrong with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Load up on medical PPE. Masks, splash shield, goggles, hand sanitisers, antiseptic wash. Additional clothing to change out of and take care of cross contamination.

Twinkies so you don't have to eat the local food. Comedy option.