Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Even Return of the Jedi establishes shes force sensitive even if she never utilizes it directly on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ugleb posted:

Also, Padme is Leia & Luke's mother. B1's are cheaply mass produced cannon fodder with crude programming. She gets to have decent stats too. That said I'd probably never buy the mini because I never liked the character despite Natalie Portman being a good actor.

And Padme is essentially trained to act as her own bodyguard who are all weird commando politician hybrid things.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Also Leia is a seasoned revolutionary whereas Verrs is a pampered military brat

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, Leia was running covert ops against the Empire before she was fifteen.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The only good federation droids are destroyers. Everything else is bad. By extension, this is also why BB8 and the new rolly droid are good

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The first thing we see Leia do is upload stolen military data, shoot a stormtrooper dead, and stand up to Darth Vader without blinking. I have no problems believing she's a badass.

- - -

If all of the Separatist stuff is poor, what does a good army of theirs look like?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Seperatists are fine theyre just deliberately designed as a cheap horde army. For now.

Because the clone wars factions just came out they dont have many options yet. But stuff is coming down the pipeline.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Aaaaaand speaking of down the pipeline the leaks turned out to be true.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/2/11/to-the-limit/

Clones are getting ARC troopers and seperatists getting B-X commando troopers. They appear to be the clone wars version of Rebel Commandos/Imperial Scout Troopers. Special Ops troops you can take as a full squad or as a 2 man strike team.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/2/11/special-agents/

And 2 operatives. Republic is getting Padme (surprised she's not a commander) and Seperatists get Cad Bane (not surprised hes an operative)

Cad Bane looks so loving cool.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 13, 2020

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cad Bane may be what tempts me into Separatists. I don't particularly care about the droids or Grievous, but I may pick up the Clone Wars era bounty hunters just to paint and display.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Cessna posted:

If all of the Separatist stuff is poor, what does a good army of theirs look like?

Keep in mind Droid units aren't as bad as they seem at first glance. For example, let's compare a rebel unit to a Separatists one:

Rebel trooper unit w/Z6 62 points
Attack: 4 black, 6 white
Defense: white with surge

B1 unit w/E-5c 54 points
Attack 6 white, 3 black
Defense: white no surge

Both units have nearly identical dice pools, though B1's lose their white attack dice through attrition first, keeping their black dice longer. This means that loosing a few Droid minis doesn't hurt as much. The rebel trooper unit has surge on defense, though B1's often have surge tokens from aggressive tactics, so their defense can be similar (rebels have nimble though). Due to squad size though, it usually takes more activations to eliminate a Droid unit when compared to the Rebel one.

Additionally, the B1 unit is 8 points cheaper - Droid core units are very efficient. Coming from playing Rebels to Droids, B1's often feel like better Rebel troopers.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Who are these monsters that would ever want the model without the hat

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Froghammer posted:

Who are these monsters that would ever want the model without the hat

Sickos who should never be entertained in a civilized game store.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Icon Of Sin posted:

Cad Bane may be what tempts me into Separatists. I don't particularly care about the droids or Grievous, but I may pick up the Clone Wars era bounty hunters just to paint and display.

If you don't love Grievous you should gently caress right off. If you don't like a crazy cyborg and hordes of trash you are missing out on so much that is good in life.

Just imagine playing an army that isn't actively afraid of the certainly of their own pointless death. Battle Droids forever.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I played Imperial Guard in 40k, I’m never doing a full horde army again :suicide:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I ticked off some people elsewhere when they complained about not getting Jango before Cad Bane saying I was personally happy we got a bounty hunter who actually did things and wasn't kind of a chump. I regret nothing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bane was proof you didn’t need to be another Jedi or Sith to go toe-to-toe with Jedi council members, being clever and well-equipped enough could carry you through.

And also a willingness to sacrifice minions :v:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I ticked off some people elsewhere when they complained about not getting Jango before Cad Bane saying I was personally happy we got a bounty hunter who actually did things and wasn't kind of a chump. I regret nothing.

Not to mention he died before the Clone Wars even started?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Iceclaw posted:

I really hope this isn't an overarching rule because it means no Maul.

I also wouldn't mind the Rebs eventually getting Oldbi-Wan. If you can have the Republic fight the Empire or whatever, having folks who died before stuff popped off isn't a huge stretch.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well, Oldbi is another problem considering he flat out avoided fighting and spent 20 years watching Luke.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Well, Oldbi is another problem considering he flat out avoided fighting and spent 20 years watching Luke.

Sure but he infiltrated the Death Star, fought Darth Vader, and if you watch the cartoons rematched and defeated Maul.

He's got as much right to be an Operative as Cassian and Erso based on screen time, doing heroics, and dying before the GCW was in full swing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Iceclaw posted:

Good point. Clone Wars didn't officially start until Yoda announced it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Good point. Clone Wars didn't officially start until Yoda announced it

This occured in 56 BSI.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

I really hope this isn't an overarching rule because it means no Maul.

I have good news for you.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I very, very badly want to paint Padme to have her wearing Natalie Portman's Oscar dress

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My pal and I are finally going in on a Clone Wars Starter, he's taking the Roger-Rogers. I just want a skirmish force to play thematic games with him. Think I'll get the Clone Upgrade Pack, Rex, and a Tank.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ve got Rex, I want the tank and maybe even some Phase II’s to have a full clone army.

Still not really feeling the bikes, though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Might get some ARCs as well. I'm probably not going 2-3 copies deep on expansions like with my GCW stuff at least.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
We can already have Palpatine personally leading Stormtroopers, Jyn leading an army with Luke, and Jan Solo fighting General Grevious's Droid army - I think they're playing pretty lose with cannon. I consider the game to basically be a bunch of What If scenarios anyways.

I also imagine Mail would be pretty popular and sell tons.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Theyre using Disney canon now so anything from the movies, clone wars and Rebels TV shows are fair game (presumably mandalorian too but they havent scratched that)

So Maul is absolutely happening.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Froghammer posted:

I very, very badly want to paint Padme to have her wearing Natalie Portman's Oscar dress

I googled this and got about a dozen outfits. Narrow the field?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It sure would be nice if... basically anything was in stock anywhere. I didn't realize that one core set wouldn't even get me halfway to an army for the Imperials and I don't really want a second core since I don't see myself running 4 speeder bikes or 4 squads of stormtroopers.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Soon, only Yoda will be able to counter the Dooku meta.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Hoping it means Ahsoka operative is coming. Or Anakin.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugleb posted:

I googled this and got about a dozen outfits. Narrow the field?

Just search Natalie Portman Oscar 2020 Dress.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

AndyElusive posted:

Just search Natalie Portman Oscar 2020 Dress.

That is a bit Padme.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Are all the new models proper, on-sprue plastics? Did that happen?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Gonna move the Republic to the front of my huge Legion assemble/paint backlog since my pal is excited to play his CISsies and I'm vorthos enough not to want to bring a GCW faction at em.

Should I assemble Rex with or without his lid?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I did it without, but his hair is smooth enough that he’s just painted to be bald. It’ll be a touch easier to pick him out in the sea of clones I plan on running, too.

e: previous oath with Rex and a squad of Phase I’s.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RagnarokAngel posted:

Theyre using Disney canon now so anything from the movies, clone wars and Rebels TV shows are fair game (presumably mandalorian too but they havent scratched that)

So Maul is absolutely happening.

Maybe even dual posed. Humanoid and weird spider droid legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The best thing about Padme whiners is that if they play clones and avoid using her, they'll miss out on one of the best pieces in the whole game lol. She's bonkers good and we've still got one more command card and some extra gear to be spoiled.

Edit: We've also got videogames being used, with Inferno Squad and Iden Versio coming for Imperials. Could see Cal and Seventh Sister at some point feasibly.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Feb 14, 2020