Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Shadow0 posted:

Seize the means of translation, comrades :japan:

Yes, seize the NEET carpe diem NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The :neet: must flow

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
who gets my kofi money now

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
bring on the legion of translators

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I will pay millions of dollars to outsource translation and seize the means of translation from all of you. I shall become the ultimate neet.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Open source this poo poo, get a GitHub repo going. Let’s get stoopid

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Somebody make a huge list of the rest of the pages and let them claim them and race

Imo

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

lol that's going to be intensely lovely

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The NEET cinematic universe is really going off the rails.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mr. Steak posted:

i mean, sister make, if you want to take over permanently, i won't stop you. my work flow has obviously gotten bad recently, so i'd appreciate the weight off my shoulders. there are plenty of projects i was thinking i'd get around to once i catch up on neet, but if i'm passing the torch to you then i can get to them sooner.

also i definitely wouldn't have put in the effort you did for those scribbly bubbles, plus your translation is just as good as mine would be. you have my stamp of approval.

but if you don't want this responsibility, then i'll also gladly keep doing it. im not looking for an out, i just dont want multiple people to be competing for who posts updates. so uh, it's you or me.

tho i have to suggest, if you do more, please center-align the text!!!

dang I was starting to think we had a case of :neet: stay safe stake ghost

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

this is total bloody anarchy

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yes, seize the NEET carpe diem NEET

Carpe NEETem

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Devils Affricate posted:

I would prefer if...I can read NEET twice from two different perspectives

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Woah, it's really different!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

First we get different worlds of NEET and now we get two perspectives on one world of NEET, I welcome the ambiguity!!!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Grevling posted:

Woah, it's really different!

Theirs is more correct.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lmao

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Shadow0 posted:

Seize the means of translation, comrades :japan:

Definitely do keep doing this. Mister Steak broke promises and ran off with our money and Sister Make is still an unknown quantity. I'll take any NEET I can get. Mister Steak shouldn't get to dictate the rules of the thread that he's neglected.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Male Tears posted:

Definitely do keep doing this. Mister Steak broke promises and ran off with our money and Sister Make is still an unknown quantity. I'll take any NEET I can get. Mister Steak shouldn't get to dictate the rules of the thread that he's neglected.

i disagree.

also, disrespectful

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

if this thread starts filling up with a bunch inconsistent translator voices doing overlapping pages at least I'll get some use out of the ignore feature

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I like how this fan translation project turned out like nearly every other manga fan translation project: delays, squabbling, multiple release groups, and general chaos.

Now the only thing left is for the original author to somehow find out about it and kill the project entirely. It was a wild ride; once the thread dies, can a goon who reads Japanese just spoil everything? Obviously only if the thread dies, but that will probably take awhile with all this drama.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm here for the chaos

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

I like how this fan translation project turned out like nearly every other manga fan translation project: delays, squabbling, multiple release groups, and general chaos.

Now the only thing left is for the original author to somehow find out about it and kill the project entirely. It was a wild ride; once the thread dies, can a goon who reads Japanese just spoil everything? Obviously only if the thread dies, but that will probably take awhile with all this drama.

Hence my statement earlier : "Let's not loving ruin NEET thread goons for fucks sake"

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Hence my statement earlier : "Let's not loving ruin NEET thread goons for fucks sake"

Lol you're so naive it's adorable

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good news: i recieved my add meds for the first time in several months. so y'all may be seeing part-timer updates in the not too distant future.

this right now, its just growing pains. im sure the neet fandom will flourish even more once sister make gets into a groove of releasing consistently, and im also posting PT every so often, and everyone has simmered down from the sudden changes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as for money, i'm gonna close my ko-fi page for the foreseeable future

edit: er, once i figure out how to do so? for now i've changed the url so you probably can't access it

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 13, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im hugely grateful to all of you, by the way. i dont want to seem like i dont care about the project anymore either, but priorities change, and i think sister make is more than capable of satisfying you in ways i couldnt recently.

deciding to continue the part-timer path is my way of not giving up on the project. cuz i really don't want to. this was one of my first posts on sa after lurking for years, so it's near and dear to me. and so are all of you. i never in a million years expected to get as much support as i have. i'll definitely be posting alongside you as sister updates, and u should keep an eye out for my PT account. you won't miss me ;)

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I guess the real :neet: was the friends we made along the way

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, read Souboutei

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will never read Subotei! Post NEET.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm here for the chaos

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Can we not have two folks posting two different branches? We had a discussion a while back about multiple parts in the same thread and I think our original stance should stand.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Or if Steak is having real life poo poo things up just do alternate weeks with Sister?

2 branches on the go sounds like even more of a mess tbh

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
its not hard to know which comic is which. if tohru is spiky it's part time and if he's greasy it's jail timeline

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plant MONSTER. posted:

its not hard to know which comic is which. if tohru is spiky it's part time and if he's greasy it's jail timeline

this and also you can press the ? to look at the update in context, which if sister make adheres to the intended schedule of frequent updates in smaller chunks, will probably be necessary anyway. also we'll surely be posting at different enough rates that it wont be a problem.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I liked the idea of a banner at the top of each post.

Personally, I like the idea of completing a story before starting a new one. I think it also builds anticipation.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Warbird posted:

Can we not have two folks posting two different branches? We had a discussion a while back about multiple parts in the same thread and I think our original stance should stand.

stopping the alternate path was a time to not listen to some goons who are ill-equipped to handle MORE NEET

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Translator's Note:
Japanese touchscreens offer this weird input method where it's like a numpad layout, and each key is a consonant (or no consonant for the first key) and you swipe/flick to pick the vowel. For example, typing "se" is like "flick the s key to the right". It seems fast for Japanese if you get used to it.
You can see it in action at 0:38 in the video at Google's page about a version of it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Is your username pronounced sister make like the word make or do we do it the japanese way and say it like maKAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET
I chose it to rhyme with "Steak". But in Japanese it would mean "lose" (as opposed to "win"), so I guess it could work either way.