Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

when i am gone my posts will live forever

What we post in cspam echoes through eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

get this
fu
man-flu

:eyepop:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

The latest figures from China do not show a “significant shift in the pattern of mortality or severity” of the coronavirus, the World Health Organization’s Dr Mike Ryan has said.

He explained that while China reported an extra 13,332 clinically confirmed cases in Hubei province today, these “relate to a period going back days and weeks” and have been retrospectively classified based on diagnosis by medical professionals while awaiting laboratory test confirmation.

quote:

We’re not dealing with a spike of cases of 14,000 in one day. This does not represent a significant change in the trajectory of the virus.
He said that apart from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which now has 218 confirmed cases, there has been no dramatic transmission outside China. “The iceberg may not be that great, but that’s not a guarantee,” he added.

lol

so on the one hand we have the WHO saying the big leap is just them working through a backlog based on now reporting clinical confirmation as well as lab tests

on the other hand, Chinese Infowars told me the entire country is an apocalyptic plague zone with billions dead from xi jinping's invention, viral pneumonia

who to believe?????

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

get this
fu
man-flu

mods

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to point out in all the famous movies about pandemics the WHO is wrong

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i saw xi jinping and mortarian in the closet making viruses and i saw one of the viruses and the virus looked at me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
xi's a pingball wizard

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
Hear me out. NCOV-19. 19 is two more than the numeric equivalent of Q in the alphabet. The letter O in NCOV is also two spaces from Q. Now tell me again how this isn't a weapon designed by the CCP in coordination with Trump to take out the deep state?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

headspace posted:

Hear me out. NCOV-19. 19 is two more than the numeric equivalent of Q in the alphabet. The letter O in NCOV is also two spaces from Q. Now tell me again how this isn't a weapon designed by the CCP in coordination with Trump to take out the deep state?

thatsa spicy compaction cycle

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

moist turtleneck posted:

why not just build a new Wuhan for healthy people

How about Fluhan, a city just for the sick fellas?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

holy poo poo, this thread ... its like a glimpse into the future. should I start stockpiling supplies for the upcoming collapse? move to antartica? buy some mormon food storage?

(if you were 100% sure the world is ending like world war z why would you be posting on SA instead of buying bullets and building a shelter)

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

headspace posted:

it goes so much deeper than that. who has helped cover this up? the world health organization.. or WHO... its in the name. WHO!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

holy poo poo, this thread ... its like a glimpse into the future. should I start stockpiling supplies for the upcoming collapse? move to antartica? buy some mormon food storage?

(if you were 100% sure the world is ending like world war z why would you be posting on SA instead of buying bullets and building a shelter)

One of those options costs money

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There are exactly two possible opinions: All human illness is fake vs we are mere seconds from total existence failure via grey goo virus replication. Anyone pretending to hold anything more nuanced is either a lizard person shill or a hallucination in your already decomposing brain.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Varinn posted:

breaking: my sources in china have sacrificed their lives to bring me this picture from hubei province, the disease has evolved at an alarming rate

get in the robot qin shi

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i remember the Ebola thread where everyone thought Africa would be depopulated or something

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yeah, why wouldn't I? Lol if you think I'd survive a zombo apocalypse

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Because there's nothing doomsayers love more than fantasizing about someone telling them they were right just before the world's consumed in fire and blood.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i mean, a virus that spreads via people who aren't showing symptoms and may have a fatality rate above 1% is pretty loving bad

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/NewRightNetwork/status/1227985509860937731?s=19

The race is on to patent the vaccine before someone else can profit off it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fits my needs posted:

i remember the Ebola thread where everyone thought Africa would be depopulated or something

you know i'm starting to think that this place just sees doom and destruction everywhere

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mods please give pj forums cancer tia

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
pump and dump pharma stock schemes are quite a thing to behold, especially in light of the SEC not having any power anymore

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/NewRightNetwork/status/1227985509860937731?s=19

The race is on to patent the vaccine before someone else can profit off it

the mistakes that are absolutely going to be made in the race to patent a vaccine is going to give anti-vaxxers more mainstream legitimacy lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

oxsnard posted:

pump and dump pharma stock schemes are quite a thing to behold, especially in light of the SEC not having any power anymore
god loving damnit you beat me, was about to say that. lol this seems like absolutely one of those penny-stock pump n dump biotechs, and hoo boy, there are a loving lot of them. biotech is pretty much the absolute most scammy out of all industries, especially when it's mixed in with equities markets

now you can stand to make a lot of money off them if you can play up headlines like this because everyone thinks themselves a loving financial wizard above the rubes and looking for that one sneaky get-quick-rich

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 13, 2020

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

GABA ghoul posted:

You are all out of your goddamn minds sitting around all calm and posting. THE RED CHINESE Are trying to kill us! DO SOMETHING!

I'm reading this in the voice of Richard Nixon.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
here is all you need to know

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
the person sitting next to me in the train is coughing severely as I f5 this thread

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
Everyone calm down, this is absolutely going to be fine

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

vyelkin posted:

lol

so on the one hand we have the WHO saying the big leap is just them working through a backlog based on now reporting clinical confirmation as well as lab tests

on the other hand, Chinese Infowars told me the entire country is an apocalyptic plague zone with billions dead from xi jinping's invention, viral pneumonia

who to believe?????
very cool I was right

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Finally, all this Soylent I bought but don't actually want to drink can be used to feed me for like 1 and a half weeks!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

twoday posted:

the person sitting next to me in the train is coughing severely as I f5 this thread

why would you be on a TRAIN during the plague??

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Chinese corona blowers doing the rounds

https://twitter.com/coronavirus_flu/status/1227996837459693570

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

dateline, 2020, wuhan:

the dead outnumber the living and they are the lucky ones. tried to find some water today and had to fight off a pack of rabid dogs. pets... gone feral, muzzles covered in blood. managed to find half a liter of diet pepsi in a bombed out mcdonalds, must've been part of a barricade before the PLA collapsed. electricity failed days ago but the spreading fires light the night like a horror movie.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
the chinese have the best apparel in the world

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WE ARE hosed

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Doomtalker posted:

Everyone calm down, this is absolutely going to be fine

Ok ok phew everything is ok

Wait, hol up

Oh poo poo oh gently caress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Is this instagram, I have photos of food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Mmm bat guts just like granma made em