Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Don't do boring things in BotW. I was pinched on cash most of the time but just wandering around getting gems and monster parts as you find them is both fun and profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

NeverHelm posted:

In my experience cheesing the Snowling game is by far the fastest way to make money, to the tune of about 10K per hour or so. But it does get a bit samey after a while, so I'd break it up with some shrines or something to take the edge off.

Dragon farming is 50K an hour, so that’s no contest

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

canyoneer posted:

Hunting the Tabantha Snowfields on horseback is both fun and profitable.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My god you people go out of your way to make great games boring

There's plenty of money if you just explore and don't ignore poo poo

The ONLY time I wished I had more money was when I found the last fairy fountain. I just came back a couple days later and it was fine.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I actually don’t think camping out over a frozen lake to murder dragons sounds that boring

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My pipe dream for BOTW2 is Ring Fit compatibility so I can get buff as gently caress exploring Hyrule.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Remove the stamina bar and replace it with your IRL stamina, let Link run for as long as you can, and aim the Ringcon to change direction. Do mountain climbers to climb, and the ab rowing thing to swim. Bow pull for bow, and I'm sure there's something in there that can be used for a boomerang. Charge your squat power for Revali's Gale, and every time you gently caress up a yoga pose you fail a sneaking mission.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The only animation my link would be good at is shaking things out of a bottle

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Argue posted:

Remove the stamina bar and replace it with your IRL stamina, let Link run for as long as you can, and aim the Ringcon to change direction. Do mountain climbers to climb, and the ab rowing thing to swim. Bow pull for bow, and I'm sure there's something in there that can be used for a boomerang. Charge your squat power for Revali's Gale, and every time you gently caress up a yoga pose you fail a sneaking mission.

Exactly. It'd work so well!

Plus, actually getting tired when you run to places would mean you'd use the horses more.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Bloop posted:

The ONLY time I wished I had more money was when I found the last fairy fountain. I just came back a couple days later and it was fine.

He asked about the dragon thing and the reason I answered because it's the fastest way to make a bunch of money. I prefer to just explore and find gem outcroppings, go hunting, and once in a long while sell monster parts, personally.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Argue posted:

Remove the stamina bar

:hmmyes:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Bloop posted:

I thought it was fun to make a trillion rupees by shooting a dragon repeatedly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

condolences OP

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New Peco movie. He’s going for a more storytelling direction

https://youtu.be/VXONMk-lezQ

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Breath of the Wild has dungeons, but they're not as explicitly separated and they tend to be on the short side. Aside from the Divine Beasts and Hyrule Castle, you've got places like the trials in the woods, the dark forest, the Yiga Clan hideout, the labyrinths, and arguably the Forgotten Temple. Areas with goals that aren't easy to skip using the ways you can move around on the overworld. It also means that overworld areas that are harder to navigate also take on dungeon-like qualities, like Zora's River in the rain or discovering Naydra for the first time.

This is correct, and I hope BOTW2 doesn't bring back OOT style dungeons :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Whoa hold up a sec

Bongo Bill posted:

Forgotten Temple

:psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

arguably

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's literally a room full of guardians with a couple treasures. It's pretty, but it's no more a dungeon than Hyrule Field is.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This is correct, and I hope BOTW2 doesn't bring back OOT style dungeons :colbert:

I want the sequel to Forest Temple

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I want a mixture of every type of dungeon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The entire sequel is one large dungeon, with 150 or so small open-air rooms sprinkled through it where you can run around freely without solving puzzles

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What I missed the most from traditional dungeons is the different visual style they all have usually. The Divine Beasts had cool spatial meta-puzzles, but they all looked the same once you got inside. The shrines all looking like fantasy versions of Portal test chambers was fine in context, and obviously the game's main focus was on the exteriors, but I'd like to see interiors get a lot of love too in the sequel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hire Sean Murray to procedurally generate hyrule so I never have to stop playing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just port other existing open world maps into BotW 2. Hyrule actually borders Novingrad! And just off the coast is the island of Yamatai! And across the bay is New Hanover...

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
sudo "import all the vehicles and also the quantum gravity mines from Red Faction Guerilla"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm recently watching the Vinesauce playthrough of Cadence of Hyrule and oh my God it makes me wish I actually had a switch. It looks amazing and the way they managed to make a hybrid of Necrodancer and Zelda music is both hilarious and really, really catchy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's very good, but imo necrodancer has a lot more replayability and better bosses. Maybe that's just because I didn't need to learn the game though, I could apply necrodancer experience to it

The dark world music is fantastic too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's great, coming in from outside that franchise. Enough randomness for occasional replayability, and the addition of reloading after death made it doable for me (I won't pick up the original for that reason).

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, I agree that Necrodancer is probably better than Cadence at being a replayable roguelike-style game, but personally, I'm really impressed at how well the fusion of the game styles works. They even made it have a Zelda-style open overworld and all that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Let's all take a moment to salute this player who has collected 999 Giant Ancient Cores.

https://twitter.com/aniki_z/status/1229541535122784256?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So they’ve just never stopped playing this game since it released, basically... yeah I buy that actually

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Wasn't there a bug where if you moved a guardian corpse out of its cell far enough it'd spit infinite items?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's kind of a pain but not very hard to pull off. Also you get to see a Guardian poop out infinite parts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Also you get to see a Guardian poop out infinite parts.

I really want this to be the crisis overtaking Hyrule in BotW2. "Link...what have you done?!"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DelphiAegis posted:

Wasn't there a bug where if you moved a guardian corpse out of its cell far enough it'd spit infinite items?

The one I know of was when the glitch was discovered where you warped out of the Sword Trials in a particular way and got patched within a week or so. It also made the Korok on top of the northern Tech Lab constantly be able to be repeated and where I got my drat seeds on my first game (which I still play now and then).

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The one I know of was when the glitch was discovered where you warped out of the Sword Trials in a particular way and got patched within a week or so. It also made the Korok on top of the northern Tech Lab constantly be able to be repeated and where I got my drat seeds on my first game (which I still play now and then).

He's talking about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpJ9VkURuQ&t=416s

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ahhhh cool

Also I love poo poo like this. I forget, which Amiibo gets you this bow?

https://twitter.com/caoki8/status/1230147471138947077?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ahhhh cool

Also I love poo poo like this. I forget, which Amiibo gets you this bow?

https://twitter.com/caoki8/status/1230147471138947077?s=20

Twilight Princess Zelda

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Bloop posted:

I just wore the climbing set 90% of the time unless I was intent on sneaking or dangerous combat
Dyed it green and never took it off unless it was hot or cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forgot to ever try dyeing anything, if I could get a pink Phantom Ganon suit or ancient armor that would've been a game changer :sigh: