Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

IMO the final boss of MMZ3 should've been boob-light Zero, not just a palette swap

It really should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

food court bailiff posted:

boat-rental Wily.

I'm gonna need this one explained to me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Katsuma posted:

I'm gonna need this one explained to me.

Dr. Wily appears a boat rental salesman. That's it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

He probably dimension hops to hang out with tropical shirt Dr. Light from BN.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just pre-ordered a physical copy of the collection off of Amazon - quite excited.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ImpAtom posted:

It really should have.

The change in Zero's appearace is meant to be non-diegetic.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

DoctorWhat posted:

The change in Zero's appearace is meant to be non-diegetic.

I was about to say this myself. The art style change is literally just for out of universe reasons. In setting, he still looks exactly the same as he does in the X-series

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I was always fond of the idea that he looks more slender in the Zero series after a century of literal erosion of his chassis while he hung there in suspended animation

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Caphi posted:

Zero owns and ZX owns harder.

They're good games I just think he looks like a freakin' dork.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

IMO the final boss of MMZ3 should've been boob-light Zero, not just a palette swap

Extremely agreed. The redesign is too extreme to be justified as a mere art style change.

Magil of Shadow posted:

I was about to say this myself. The art style change is literally just for out of universe reasons. In setting, he still looks exactly the same as he does in the X-series

I would never guess it's meant to be the same character if I was shown that design out of context. I mean maybe if he had the sword out.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 21, 2020

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

They're good games I just think he looks like a freakin' dork.

zero always looked like a freakin' dork

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Phantasium posted:

zero always looked like a freakin' dork

How dare you

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The choice has always been between a diaper and booblights vs a thong

There are no winners

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yes there are
the thong is the winner

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

dorks are cool

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I get that the intent was to streamline the artstyle for the GBA, but I think it would have resonated super well with Z3's themes if it turned out that Omega's body looked just like the X series design and Zero's consciousness has been residing in a slimmer facsimile the entire time, but since he's been in stasis for so long, no one actually remembers what he looks like outside of him being a red reploid that wields a green saber.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

lets hang out posted:

Seen people talking about Shippu Senki Force Gear 2 lately because the creator just threw it up for free on itch. One of the characters is Zero and the other is pretty much Gunvolt (with four more I haven't unlocked yet), you get element chips and new abilities from beating bosses, there's a shop where you can buy upgrades and a ranking system to earn the money for those upgrades. It's all pretty high quality, you could do a lot worse for free. Music is particularly great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyLc9lGN20&t=82s

I started playing this game and it's really really good. I love the hectic yet fair boss fights. Also the music references are :love:.

I haven't touched the shop yet but I never felt that I had to get upgrades to win.

PS: if you decide to play this you want to disable command dash and map dash to a shoulder button (as it should be imho).

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I started playing this game and it's really really good. I love the hectic yet fair boss fights. Also the music references are :love:.

I haven't touched the shop yet but I never felt that I had to get upgrades to win.

PS: if you decide to play this you want to disable command dash and map dash to a shoulder button (as it should be imho).

The red, blue, and green star chips at the end of the list add some new functionality so they're worth checking out. Their effects are different for every character. Like the Zero clone whose name I can't remember gets shots that delete enemy bullets with the red star, turns all her shots into instant charge shots with blue, and can do her super at any time with green. Hidena, one of the unlockables, has a gun with a giant bayonet and her red star does this

which do damage and delete bullets. And her blue star is great because it greatly increases the speed of her teleport and lets it go though walls. The air upgrades can also be worth getting, like for Zero it makes her second jump kind of like a screw attack, and I think it lets Gunvolt mark enemies by flying into them?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 21, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Augus posted:

yes there are
the thong is the winner

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

ChaosArgate posted:

I get that the intent was to streamline the artstyle for the GBA, but I think it would have resonated super well with Z3's themes if it turned out that Omega's body looked just like the X series design and Zero's consciousness has been residing in a slimmer facsimile the entire time

Isn't this literally the official plot already? And they just reused the sprite because they're lazy? I wanna say someone mentioned it was one of their biggest regrets when working on z3, not bothering with making him look like proper x series zero during that encounter

But yeah I think that was always the plan/is already baked into the plot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Probably more budget and time than laziness.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Oh agreed, "lazy" in a corporate sense

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know it came up last year but I think the interview with Nakayama had good stuff about the overall design of the Zero series and how/why the design changed.

https://www.rockman-corner.com/2019/10/mega-man-zerozx-legacy-collection.html?m=1

Like, fighting bulkier MMX Zero would have been cool, but I'm still okay with what we got, because I still like the sleek design they were going for.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fine just watch this you babies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRUBV7ccsw

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The ZX/advent design is probably my favorite, though Giro model Z is also good. I'm glad they decided to give Aile/Vent a 2 minute magical girl transformation in advent.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Look, the game was dogshit, but Zero.exe was cool as hell.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqZX2OXskZU And his theme was even cooler

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I know it came up last year but I think the interview with Nakayama had good stuff about the overall design of the Zero series and how/why the design changed.

https://www.rockman-corner.com/2019/10/mega-man-zerozx-legacy-collection.html?m=1

Like, fighting bulkier MMX Zero would have been cool, but I'm still okay with what we got, because I still like the sleek design they were going for.

They could have drawn Omega slimmer while still mostly keeping the design, like X/Copy X, who looks a lot more like his X series counterpart.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

I vastly prefer the hair cape over the long ponytail.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The full 20% discount for being a Humble Monthly Dumbass applies to Zero/ZX... I won't crack today, but I'll be pre-ordering it soon against all better judgement about buying in advance of emulation quality reviews.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt Striker Pack is coming to PS4 on April 23, digital-only for now: http://gunvolt.com/en/SP_PS4/

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

If I knew how to sprite and code, I'd totally recreate Maverick Hunter Quest in it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/SENTINELcoltd/status/1226312158671077378

A Riobot Falcon Armor... Someone wants me dead and I am going to sink off into that good night with a smile on my face.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Has there been any talk of Gunvolt 2 coming to Steam or updating Gunvolt 1 to be the Striker Pack with the updates?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They updated Gunvolt 1 on PC with the Striker Pack updates a while ago, I thought.

No idea what's taking so long with Gunvolt 2.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They updated Gunvolt 1 on PC with the Striker Pack updates a while ago, I thought.

No idea what's taking so long with Gunvolt 2.

Oh, cool, I didn't know all these updates were already in there.

It was a little odd seeing Gunvolt Chronicles come out before 2, but releasing out of order seems to be less of a problem on Steam/digital platforms.

Edit: Also I know this isn't Mega Man, but I feel like people in here would know. What changes are in La Mulana EX for the Vita and were these changes ever brought over to any of the other versions of the game?

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 11, 2020

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
When Gunvolt 1 first hit Steam, I thought it would do this picture-in-picture thing throughout the whole game because they didn't bother to adapt the touchscreen controls to a single-screen game. Did an update change that, or was I wrong to begin with?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

A good poster posted:

When Gunvolt 1 first hit Steam, I thought it would do this picture-in-picture thing throughout the whole game because they didn't bother to adapt the touchscreen controls to a single-screen game. Did an update change that, or was I wrong to begin with?

There are a bunch of settings for how the game handles that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Vqdmoe8to

30XX announced, no longer looks like a weird flash game, out in the year 3000 apparently

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Looks great, can’t wait to play it in a thousand years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

hatty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Vqdmoe8to

30XX announced, no longer looks like a weird flash game, out in the year 3000 apparently

Liked 20XX, didn't mine the graphics, looking forward to this.