Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

Bernie picking a moderate VP would be a terrible idea considering the non-zero chance that he could die in office, and it could potentially embolden moderate Dem congressmen to bilaterally impeach and remove him for whatever bullshit the Republicans cook up.

yeah see here's the thing, winning the election is the most important priority right now, and Bernie selecting a more moderate/establishment VP (depending on who they are) would be the best and most visible way Sanders can get the moderate vote on board. You don't like them, I don't like them, but their votes are going to be extremely important for keeping the House, winning the Senate, and beating Trump—and if that means selecting someone who's power in office is extremely limited, but can be used to get more voters on board, then so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope Hopester goes to prison for something. I remember reading an article about her departure from her White House "job" the first time. She was packaging up cookies and writing pithy poo poo like "Believe in Love" on the wrappers in silver sharpie. Even among Trump staffers she looks like a loving dumbass with no self-awareness.

Also she hosed Corey Lewandowski and Rob "Smackaho" Porter, both were extramarital affairs.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

yeah see here's the thing, winning the election is the most important priority right now, and Bernie selecting a more moderate/establishment VP (depending on who they are) would be the best and most visible way Sanders can get the moderate vote on board. You don't like them, I don't like them, but their votes are going to be extremely important for keeping the House, winning the Senate, and beating Trump—and if that means selecting someone who's power in office is extremely limited, but can be used to get more voters on board, then so be it.

Yea, I don't see an issue with a more moderate VP pick. Progressives are excited because bernman gets the nom and hopefully wins, moderates can hope that bernie ends up dying, and if the Dems :decorum: an impeachment for Bernie I can finally realize this world is well and truly hosed and drink myself into an early grave.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's going to be important because although Bernie is in excellent health for a 78 year old man every single pundit is going to be harping on the risk of him dying in office or otherwise not doing a second term.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Defenestrategy posted:

moderates can hope that bernie ends up dying,

they can do more than hope, and i would want an anti-imperialist president to have an even-more-anti-imperialist vice president.

also i do not trust the people who would even consider staying home in November rather than voting for Bernie to be swayed by a vp pick, which is why i hope he will make the principled choice of declaring Leonard Peltier as his running mate.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

they can do more than hope
In this scenario even a Bernie-Marx ticket would have no chance considering Pelosi is only two people away from president anyway as of TYOOL 2021.

edit: Although a Bernie - Noam Chomsky ticket would make me laugh

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 13, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Fwiw, I'm hoping it's Nina Turner

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
He needs to pick up a terrifying commie elemental. He needs to have a lab grown terminally online monster of a left winger who WOULD redistribute wealth by force given the reigns. I'm talking a zombie Che Guavera here.

Trump has Pence, an option so horrific it would provide a plausible path to The Purge and Handmaidens Tale. That has kept 45 safe from impeachment, illhealth, and assassination all this time.

Make it so much worse to Epstein him than to leave him be. Insurance in succession.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/PaulSzoldra/status/1228001012713050112

Maybe it was because I only had one of my Sailors go to mast while I was on active duty and loving lol at that happening in the reserve but it always seems like such chicken poo poo reasons to NJP someone instead of just working with the junior service member

Edit: Meant to post that in Idiots thread but kind of CEs

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
IDGI.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

She’s going with her words whole, not minced.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1227988366643339265?s=21

I just donated to her campaign for this. Moments of her calling out hypocrisy, like Bloomberg now, or Klobuchar's hopeless and meaningless campaign, should be rewarded

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1228044398962839555?s=21 :allbuttons:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ah yes but have you heard about the Bernie bros who are actually his only supporters?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Trump is rehiring a bunch of people that were already fired for being incompetent so everyone cross your fingers for The Mooch

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I like the idea of WH press Secretary just being a totally crazy bombastic rear end in a top hat under all circumstances so I'm definitely Team Mooch

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yeah he screams incoherently about how all you want to do is suck your own dick, but at least he holds press conferences.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1228062053216276481?s=19

gently caress this two-faced, John Goodman-knockoff fascist dickbag motherfucker. He can go thoroughly gently caress himself no matter what comes out of his liehole.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1228062053216276481?s=19

gently caress this two-faced, John Goodman-knockoff fascist dickbag motherfucker.
Then quit you fat traitor bitch.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trump isn't making it impossible for Barr to do his job. Barr is Trumps' babyback bitch.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fat fascistic piece of loving poo poo is only mad that Donnie does the tweeter.

gently caress him and his Iran-contra criminal shitbaggery.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1228066812325060608?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 13, 2020

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Trump is rehiring a bunch of people that were already fired for being incompetent so everyone cross your fingers for The Mooch

Not gonna happen. The Mooch has been vocal about being anti-Trump on Twitter since the firing.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Don't worry, he'll "resign" soon.
Everytime a flunky says some negative poo poo, they end up being fired.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Barr is just annoyed by the incompetence. He's totally down with being a fascist enforcer, it's just difficult when his leader doesn't stick to the plausible deniability cover story and bullhorns "I MEANT TO poo poo MYSELF" on Twitter.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bird food bathtub posted:

Barr is just annoyed by the incompetence. He's totally down with being a fascist enforcer, it's just difficult when his leader doesn't stick to the plausible deniability cover story and bullhorns "I MEANT TO poo poo MYSELF" on Twitter.

I’m still baffled trumps twitter has never been hacked, especially as a state actor could cause considerable damage by announcing he was shuttering the stock market or cancelling an election. Wonder if Twitter has a full time team just monitoring log in attempts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GoGoGadget posted:

Not gonna happen. The Mooch has been vocal about being anti-Trump on Twitter since the firing.

I'm kinda amazed The Mooch ever wound up as the WH Communications director, as he was very anti-Trump right until he signed on to some Trump financial poo poo (probably lookin for that grift, rich people always do). Got in, quickly decided he really loving hated everyone there/not worth the cash, and went off on a bunch of staffers in a meeting. Got canned, immediately went back to anti-Trump.

I don't think he'd come back to Trump, as he seems to have made his choice that no matter the chance for money, being associated with Trump is too much for him to deal with.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I was pretty surprised to read the headline because I can't imagine anyone in the country that would feel sympathetic to this turd other than failed never-trumpers? I mean he's an attorney general who carries water for a criminal president and who took the job knowing this to be the situation.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m still baffled trumps twitter has never been hacked, especially as a state actor could cause considerable damage by announcing he was shuttering the stock market or cancelling an election. Wonder if Twitter has a full time team just monitoring log in attempts.

Wouldn't he have to log off for that to be a problem

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1228082826383413248?s=21

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/CharlesMBlow/status/1227998820774137857

:psyduck:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Ah yep, that's the one.

twitter is full of incredible posts

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

See the twitter thread I posted on the last page. He's not just spending money on ads, he's throwing a fuckton of money at all kinds of people and organizations to get their endorsements.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Eej posted:

twitter is full of incredible posts

Reminder that Mayo Pete Rat has a Map of ALL MINERAL RESOURCES IN AFGHANISTAN IN HIS OWN HOUSE.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So if your Instagram feed seemed shittier than usual today, here’s why:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/style/michael-bloomberg-memes-jerry-media.html

quote:

Mike Bloomberg has contracted some of the biggest meme-makers on the internet to post sponsored content on Instagram promoting his presidential campaign.

The Bloomberg campaign is working with Meme 2020, a new company formed by some of the people behind extremely influential accounts.

Mick Purzycki is the lead strategist of the Meme 2020 project. He is also the chief executive of Jerry Media, a media and marketing company that is a powerful force in the influencer economy. The company’s portfolio includes some of the most notable meme accounts on Instagram. Jerry Media was at the center of controversy last year after a debate around proper crediting in meme culture.

In January, Mr. Purzycki tapped a number of large influencers who he had formed relationships with through his association with Jerry Media. (Elliot Tebele, the founder of Jerry Media, has no involvement in the project.)
The campaign, which launched this week, has already placed sponsored posts on Instagram accounts including @GrapeJuiceBoys, a meme page with more than 2.7 million followers; Jerry Media’s own most popular account, with more than 13.3 million followers; and @Tank.Sinatra, a member with more than 2.3 million followers.

The accounts all posted Bloomberg campaign ads in the form of fake direct messages from the candidate.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Worked for Hillary

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) Tweeted:
@RealPCDonaldT Are you opposed to Nuremberg convictions of Nazi speechwriters on the ground that they churned out propaganda to justify aggressive wars, or do you believe that Americans should be exempt from the laws imposed on others? https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1227941068286681089?s=20

“Aggressive Wars,” is not how I’d describe Nazi policy amd actions.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

Don't worry, he'll "resign" soon.
Everytime a flunky says some negative poo poo, they end up being fired.

nah this is a work. barr makes the weakest possible criticism right as a bunch of people are getting loud about him being 100% suborned to the president?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

mlmp08 posted:

Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) Tweeted:
@RealPCDonaldT Are you opposed to Nuremberg convictions of Nazi speechwriters on the ground that they churned out propaganda to justify aggressive wars, or do you believe that Americans should be exempt from the laws imposed on others? https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1227941068286681089?s=20

“Aggressive Wars,” is not how I’d describe Nazi policy amd actions.

The war in Iraq wasn't a crime because it was aggressive, it was a crime because it was unjustified in the first place and was managed in a way that resulted in unnecessary suffering for civilians once it got going. Frum was a senior communications official for the administration when they were ginning up support from the war, including their organized campaign to knowingly deceive Americans and the international community about the justification for the war. If that's not material support for illegal activity, what is?

Glenn Greenwald is a jackass most of the time, but he has a point about senior Bush officials never having been held accountable.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

There's a great Reply All podcast 3 episode series on Alabama's political structure. Basically it's the old power player backroom deals going on, and the ADC will say anything if paid enough. Doug Jones (D-Alabama) won largely *without* their backing, and are in the stages of putting together something new. We'll see what the NAACP will have to say about the ADC.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhd33

Anyway, young PoC are seeing the compromises older generations of power brokers made, and I think it'll take a lot of work to suppress them.

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 14, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Frum sucks andnOIF was bad, but boiling down Nazi behavior to “aggressive wars” is absolute fuckin’ dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
In news that surprises nobody:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1228088667752714240?s=19