Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What about the fact that the whole "facts" thing has obviously eaten physical holes into Man U fans' brains?

#NotAllManUFans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tongues posted:

I like the allusion that sports science did not exist in the dark mediaeval days of 2010, a full decade after lance armstrong won tour de france among literally a thousand other examples

Football is really slow on the uptake when it comes to that stuff, in England especially.

edit: "If you can't pass the ball properly, a bowl of pasta's not going to make that much difference!" was 2008.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Football is really slow on the uptake when it comes to that stuff, in England especially.

edit: "If you can't pass the ball properly, a bowl of pasta's not going to make that much difference!" was 2008.

2010 was the year Spain won the World Cup thanks to "sports science".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My brain started sliding off that text after like 3 sentences

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/Bayern_mania/status/1225767526707204096?s=20

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Who the gently caress is Marash Kumbulla lmao

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Who the gently caress are CIES football?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lol van Dijk, less good than Fernandinho at centre back :xd:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

best CB in the world for the last month (even still lol)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

best CB in the world for the last month (even still lol)

They're right about one thing at least- Joe Gomez loving owns

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/AstonBible/status/1226832646141071360?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yes, im sure Martin Odegaard is willing to move from a cushy loan position in Sociedad with basically a guaranteed Madrid re-call due to the season hes having. To move to Aston loving Villa.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

I like the assumption that Villa will have a £200m budget to start off with.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Maybe even 220m. Surely no other teams will be aware of this budget and rinse Villa for extra.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Mickolution posted:

McGinn will fetch another hundred, easy

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Whenever I build a fantasy team out of an imaginary 300 million I always put Calvert-Lewin up top as the lone striker.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-liverpool-guardiola-klopp-17736066

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t believe that thief copied Pep’s super secret trick of “having very good players”

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
There's been a couple of articles like that posted here from the MEN. Is it a rag or is it just one City fan with a chip on his shoulder? I saw one of their reporters go off on twitter a while ago, possibly this guy.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Mickolution posted:

There's been a couple of articles like that posted here from the MEN. Is it a rag or is it just one City fan with a chip on his shoulder? I saw one of their reporters go off on twitter a while ago, possibly this guy.

Fans of both Manchester teams refer to it as 'once great local newspaper now shitrag Manchester Evening "News"'

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Mickolution posted:

Stuart Brennan is a deranged Liverpool obsessive he should get a forums account

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Mickolution posted:

The priority of MEN is:

1) Please a lot of Man U fans

2) Anger a lot of Liverpool fans

3) Technically Manchester City is in Manchester so let's do an article about them?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

MEN only wants one thing and it's disgusting

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Poonior Toilett posted:

lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Poonior Toilett posted:

If Michael McIntyre has made a joke already then it's over and done with because he is the least funny guy in the country.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/michael_mcintyre_roadshow/videos/803/man_u_vs_man_city/

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If Michael McIntyre has made a joke already then it's over and done with because he is the least funny guy in the country.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/michael_mcintyre_roadshow/videos/803/man_u_vs_man_city/

This x1000. No one who can walk and chew gum at the same time enjoys michael loving mcintyre.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bundy posted:

Fans of both Manchester teams refer to it as 'once great local newspaper now shitrag Manchester Evening "News"'

https://twitter.com/MrStephenHowson/status/1228329030405021699

Replying to:
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1228261943649107968

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

I am losing interest in the club I support. I have picked up football again after a 20 year break and picked a minor charming club last year to follow. I am losing interest in the club, but still love the sport.

I am unsure on the neutral term, can I find a new club?

My feedback on this has generally been accusations of betrayal, lack of loyalty and plastic this and that. I realise walking away from a club is disloyal, but it is not like I have been a Watfordfan for 25 years, and suddenly I'm supporting Liverpool to be part of winning the league. It's only been a year, and during this year I have found negatives about the club that I did not see earlier. It is not just a small charming club anymore.

Upon OP being told hes a plastic.

quote:

Sincerely, on behalf of anyone not a lifelong supporter of Liverpool, gently caress you.

You are the kind of football support, regardless of club, who is a problem with football fans today. Not everyone who starts following Liverpool today will swap club to the next big thing whenever Liverpools current form eventually drops. The term plastic is a horrible term used by horrible football fans and serves as nothing but long term supports holding themselves to a undeserved higher standard than anyone else. It says nothing more than "I am better than you". Believe it or not, there's a tiny chance that new supports of Liverpool of this year might stay with the club for life. Will these people be "plastic" forever because they weren't in Istanbul in 2005? Welcome to the Kop kids.

Get off your high horse and acknowledge other equal football supporters. You are not better. You are not of higher worth than anyone who started to follow football or Liverpool at a later time than you.

I did not make this post to say that I will be jumping on Liverpool because they are the best team in the world. I made this post because I am not happy with following my current club.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Upon OP being told hes a plastic.

Reddit??

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yep

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reddit soccer fan is a hell of an intersection

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/PrestwichBlue/status/1228391488792469506?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Probably not the best bet to be bragging about your clubs wealth when you have just been pegged for financial doping imo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Reddit soccer fan is a hell of an intersection

This is still my favourite cringe post
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/aa2vjt/debate_what_constitues_a_supporter_a_fan_and/

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1228724518203596801

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

There already was a dunk contest. It was the Nike total 90 adverts

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lewis wins by default

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's deleted everything to do with Swansea from his social media accounts and removed anything that associates us with him. Absolute disgrace to this club. Just because he didn't like getting subbed after another usual disaster class yesterday he acts like this. He can gently caress off in the summer and fail at some premier league club