Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005

Annnnd new sitrep just came out:
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200213-sitrep-24-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=9a7406a4_2

Interesting stats in the latest sitrep:

"As of 10am CET 13 Feb 2020, a total of 170 cases of COVID-19 who had a travel history to China have been reported
outside of China. The vast majority of these (151, 89%) do not appear to lead to further transmission of the virus,
while the remaining 19 have been associated with onward transmission"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lote posted:

So what you’re saying is

Let it spill over into schools and churches. Let the bodies piles up in the streets. ?

Why not?

S’cool

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Now if that would happen here, it would rule. Death to boomers

On the other hand, its really hosed to celebrate the death of millions of literal children and grandparents.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Mozi posted:

this is what i was talking about about using the new data to work backwards:

https://twitter.com/GlennLuk/status/1227833661720088576?s=20

Nice, that lines up exactly with what i've been saying.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

coronavirus posted:

On the other hand, its really hosed to celebrate the death of millions of literal children and grandparents.

This virus kill far less children.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

coronavirus posted:

Reports are that children will be fine, it's the little tiny infants that you need to worry about

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Books On Tape posted:

What am I missing?

For one, China was doing literally nothing to impede the spread of this 6 weeks ago, whereas other countries began taking this seriously before they were even seeing any suspected cases. We'll very likely see this spread internationally outside of containment but containment efforts appear to be somewhat effective so far. They may mean the difference between 10% of people catching it or 1% or 0.01%.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

What a useful rat.

Also, in what appears to be good news for today, only 59 new new cases internationally today so far, which doesn't accelerate the curve by a lot.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

We need more crazy stockpiling stories on this thread. Spill you crazy and paranoid goons.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What's the new quota from the dead cruise?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Peachfart posted:

We need more crazy stockpiling stories on this thread. Spill you crazy and paranoid goons.

I am breeding thousands of Guinea Pigs for their milk

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
What’s this about a virus anyway?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm milking pangolins all day for sustenance.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

death boat is now piloted by Charon, ferryman of the dead, and holds the damned souls of every deceased man, woman, and child from the last 2000 years

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nurge posted:

That’s what got us into this mess bro and we know your just playing with lizard titty for fun bro

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pangolin milk is actually the cure for coronavirus, people who got it weren't drinking the milk but people who were like Luke Skywalker with that poo poo are perfectly fine

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Peachfart posted:

I have ~800 gallons of urine saved up right next to my gaming PC. Me and my family won't be dehydrated if the water runs out!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

stephenthinkpad posted:

What's the new quota from the dead cruise?

6% of the cruise has caught it so far. They’re evacuating some healthy 80 year olds too which annoyingly ruins the death experiment seems like a good idea

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

im all set

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

obviously fake, there's not a single mountain dew can in that shot

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Not nearly enough Chef Boyardee Beefaroni to wait out the virus. You plan very poorly, sir.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

poty posted:

6% of the cruise has caught it so far. They’re evacuating some healthy 80 year olds too which annoyingly ruins the death experiment seems like a good idea

Isn't that a 1% rise per day at the moment?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Bronze Fonz posted:

Isn't that a 1% rise per day at the moment?

Yup, around 37 cases (1%) per day the last couple of days

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

http://www.pyongyangtimes.com.kp/?bbs=33199

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

15th US case- also someone in quarantine. we’re still safe

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Peachfart posted:

I so so hope you are right Peachfart

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Spinz posted:

I so so hope you are right Peachfart

You’ve been reading too much cspam

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The uk are suggesting people self isolate. I think other governments are too.

What does this mean? It sounds like, “keep to yourself, but if you don’t, well we’re not going to force you. If you must, go out and spread it (if it turns out you’re infectious) but we’ll sulk about it!”

Are authorities delivering food etc to these isolators? Or saying self isolate, then expecting regular people to be able to do that while keeping themselves fed, supplied, healthy, etc?

The official handling of this seems pretty relaxed considering the supposed seriousness of the situation.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 14, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nurge posted:

I'm using the ground up pangolin scales to fix my lactation issues, then milking myself

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Funso Banjo posted:

What does this mean? It sounds like, “keep to yourself, but if you don’t, well we’re not going to force you. If you must, go out and spread it (if it turns out you’re infectious) but we’ll sulk about it!”

Are authorities delivering food etc to these isolators? Or saying self isolate, then expecting regular people to be able to do that while keeping themselves fed, supplied, healthy, etc?

The official handling of this seems pretty relaxed considering the supposed seriousness of the situation.

Remember unlike many goons, regular people have friends and the social skills to ask for help. Plus you can order basically anything these days.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I think I have the social skills but you guys are my only friends. Thankfully I don't really need anything because I have plenty of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Funso Banjo posted:

You misread, its self immolate.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Spazzle posted:

self fellate

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Spazzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAlQvDQGoI

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Saros posted:

:lol: oh dear

WTF. People have gotten it for being in contact with an infected person for 50 seconds. Not to mention the virus being able to survive on objects and still be contagious.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

And Wuhan delta is back to "normal" again.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1228102612437872640

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Preliminary because not all provinces have reported yet.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1228103981102092290

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

And here's the WHO confirming that most of the cases from yesterday were added retroactively:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-14/who-believe-coronavirus-rate-outside-of-china-staying-low/11964872

quote:

"Most of these cases relate to a period going back over days and weeks and are retrospectively reported as cases, sometimes back to the beginning of the outbreak itself," Dr Ryan told a news conference at WHO headquarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jamsta posted:

im all set

no piss jug 3/10