Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Rhea's also doing genetic experiments/human cloning/crest bullshit so it would absolutely make sense that she allows the people at the Monastery to learn that stuff so she could incorporate it into her 'resurrect mom' master plan while simultaneously making it forbidden for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lynhardt also said there's forgeries among all the textbooks, so take it as you will.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I love that Rhea bans telescopes so nobody can see that the blue sea star is sothis' spaceship

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Endorph posted:

(spoilers for the dlc, but they're just additional details for rhea's character, not the plot of the dlc itself)

hey remember how people were saying that talk about rhea hindering technological development was just fanfiction

I mean, I think it's fair to be skeptical of things that didn't have evidence (yet) in the game. Seems like she was worse than I originally thought! I'm kind of glad I've only done maddening on VW so far since that means I can go into the other three with new DLC stuff like this in mind.

I decided not to wait to get the DLC after all, because all the black bars are driving me nuts. I've done 2 chapters so far on hard and it's a lot of fun. I do miss the feeling of developing my own units, but it's fine for a side thing.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wish I didn't have to drag Dimitri's broke rear end on the DLC missions. give me Annette or Dedue

e: and why were Linhardt and Hilda hanging out with Ashe of all people

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

indigi posted:

e: and why were Linhardt and Hilda hanging out with Ashe of all people

All three of them think they're babysitting the other two

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tenebrais posted:

All three of them think they're babysitting the other two

hahaha ok this makes a lot of sense

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What's the point of the mysterious teacher in the Abyss? All he does is tell me my students are garbage for not having gained enough levels and highlight some random stats in red and blue. Does he tell you how your characters stats turned out compared to their expected stats once you've got some more levels under your belt?

Also, can anyone give me the 101 on how gardening actually works? I read the Serenes primer, and all it did was confuse me further. Apparently planting multiple seed types only gives you the yields from one of the selected types at random, and all planting more seeds does is strain them through a needlessly convoluted calculation which gives better or worse yields than a single packed based on a bunch of arbitrary factors. Who thought that was a good idea?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Who thought that was a good idea?

People who figured this would require you to buy the strategy guide if you wanted to grow a Zanado Treasure Fruit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hilda is consistently whiffing on hits. I don't know what the problem is or why she only has a 75% chance to hit most of the time. then I have her standing on a 40% avoid tile and archers have a 98% hit on her. what the heck

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Did chapter 2 of CS and I laughed pretty hard at First off, Death Knight jsut comes in out of nowhere because of course he does. I like that he still comes with a Dark Seal, for this, the mode you can't promote and even if you did you can't steal it I don't think.
And then when he leaves Edelgard has a slight smile on her face and goes "Finally, what a nuisance!".

Oh that death knight! Such a rascal!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

Hilda is consistently whiffing on hits. I don't know what the problem is or why she only has a 75% chance to hit most of the time. then I have her standing on a 40% avoid tile and archers have a 98% hit on her. what the heck

The rogue enemies have insanely good dodge. It's a pain.

EDIT: also man am I disappointed neither Hapi nor Constance are same sex romance options, but I suppose f/f was catered to pretty decently in the main game and Yuri helps with there only being one m/m option before.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 14, 2020

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
New battalion stats (with full experience):

pre:
+─────────────────────────+───────+──────+──────+───────+──────+───────+──────+──────+─────────────────+──────+────────+
| Name                    | Phys  | Mag  | Hit  | Crit  | Avo  | Prot  | Res  | Cha  | Gambit          | Lvl  | Endur  |
+─────────────────────────+───────+──────+──────+───────+──────+───────+──────+──────+─────────────────+──────+────────+
| Timotheos Magi Corps    | 0     | 8    | 10   | 10    | 0    | 2     | 5    | 7    | Res. Flames     | B    | 105    |
| Nuvelle Fliers Corps    | 0     | 7    | 5    | 0     | 10   | 0     | 7    | 8    | Res. Lightning  | B    | 105    |
| Mockingbird’s Thieves   | 5     | 5    | 10   | 10    | 10   | 3     | 3    | 5    | Absorption      | B    | 105    |
| Leicester Dicers Corps  | 7     | 7    | 5    | 0     | 0    | 5     | 5    | 5    | Onslaught       | B    | 105    |

Zoran fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 14, 2020

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Bwahahaha. Huge spoilers.

The Slithers were responsible for breaking off both the Kingdom and Leicester.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Bwahahaha. Huge spoilers.

The Slithers were responsible for breaking off both the Kingdom and Leicester.

Just another reason Edelgard is the only correct choice, I suppose.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I love that there is an Abysskeeper. I wonder if they added them after the popularity of the Gatekeeper.

Also Claude for Cindered Shadows MVP. I guess when I get back to my GD run I better start working his flying instead of just waiting for his timeskip promotion...

Also would Valkyrie or Dark Flyer be better for Lysithea? Flyers are generally broken in 3H but I love the idea of her blasting fools from four spaces away...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

These mission are loving intense, I almost want to knock it down to normal.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I had to restart mission 2 twice so far and still haven't beat it :(

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Kinda interesting, I've been watching a youtube LP of the game on maddening without NG+, and the LPer is actually making extensive use of the Lord class - specifically, for the Charm ability in part one to further combo with personal abilities like Sylvain's, Hilda's, Seteth's, and Leonie's. When in proper formation, it seems that these abilities can add up to quite a bit of damage.

Put Sylvain in between a Lord and Hilda, for example, and he gets +8 damage per swing while taking -2 damage from all attacks.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 14, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Edelgard and Constance has a support where it's more explained how the future of Fodlen will work in the aftermath

Constance: Forgive me, Your Majesty, but you promised that House Nuvelle would be restored.

C: Yet you work toward a future with no place for the noble houses of old.

C: Granted, in your unified Fodlan, the acting lord for each territory will come from noble stock.

C: But in the long term, your system will replace the nobility. Our role will change significantly.

Edelgard: That's exactly right. There will no longer be lords who inherently rule over a particular territory.

E: Instead, nobles will act as government officials, working for the people in exchange for a salary.

E: Officials will be selected from the general populace as well, bringing an end to the very concept of social standing. All will rise and fall by their own merits.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tae posted:

Edelgard and Constance has a support where it's more explained how the future of Fodlen will work in the aftermath

Pity it's directly contradicted by multiple Crimson Flower character endings. Writers not being on the same page or Edelgard lying her rear end off, take your pick.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Pity it's directly contradicted by multiple Crimson Flower character endings. Writers not being on the same page or Edelgard lying her rear end off, take your pick.

No it isn't. I know you hate her but maybe if you took the time to focus in on points like this will be a temporary setup whilst we get everything sorted you would stop being so wrong.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cythereal posted:

How is it contradicted by any Crimson Flower ending?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Edit: Sigh. I let myself get baited into this stupid poo poo again, and it's as pointless as always.

Still, nice to know this DLC has nothing to offer me.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 14, 2020

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

...which is exactly what she says in that Constance support. She's using the existing structure as as temporary scaffold to build a new system, and given that the current group of nobles are mostly her friends and competent it makes sense.

Like maybe it's a critique of the game, given that the vast majority of the characters we know are nobles, but it would also be a weird swerve if suddenly the majority of our friends ended up in some weird ending limbo where things didn't work out, since no mater your route, the game has a happy ending.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 14, 2020

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lets see Ferdinand's support about public education is a thing which doesn't contradict that

Manuela goes off to become a Prime Minister in one of her endings which doesn't contradict that

Cythereal posted:

Edit: Sigh. I let myself get baited into this stupid poo poo again, and it's as pointless as always.

Still, nice to know this DLC has nothing to offer me.

I'm not owned! I'm not owned!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I like Edelgard and even gay married her and it was cute, but man are the Edelgard stans in this thread obnoxious enough to make me forget that that’s the case.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

boredsatellite posted:

I'm not owned! I'm not owned!

That's a bit much.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
edelgard can't slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob because she's already too short

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If anyone in the cast is a corn cob it's clearly Lorenz.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wish they hadn't waited 7 months to release a DLC with end-game difficulty, I'm so rusty. :negative:

Salastine
Nov 4, 2008
For those playing through or about to play through Chapter 3 of Cindered Shadows: be sure to review Hapi's ability after looking at the map for that battle.

The golems are monsters and will attack Hapi over anyone else, her high resist allows her to tank their attacks even on Hard.

I'm sure everyone's already done with the DLC but whatever, maybe this will help those who sometimes don't pay attention to their units abilities, like me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eimi posted:

That's a bit much.

it really isn't. Idk why everyone keeps letting themselves be trolled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rannum posted:

Did chapter 2 of CS and I laughed pretty hard at First off, Death Knight jsut comes in out of nowhere because of course he does. I like that he still comes with a Dark Seal, for this, the mode you can't promote and even if you did you can't steal it I don't think.
And then when he leaves Edelgard has a slight smile on her face and goes "Finally, what a nuisance!".

Oh that death knight! Such a rascal!

Managed to kill him with Constance/Bolting cause boy howdy is it fun using a unit with easy access to Bolting

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I just realized the incredibly obvious, tragic point that if Dimitri had had the courage to reach out and try to become friends with Edelgard while they were both in school, things could have turned out very differently.

e: in a sense this goes both ways, but Edelgard had more important poo poo to worry about and didn’t really care about Dimitri, whereas he still saw her as a relative and was definitely considering it

nrook fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 14, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basically every enemy having a breaker is screwing with me after so long of not caring. Also, Beasts are a semi-threat again because I don't want to waste gambit charges to instead stop the billions of enemies all around me.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

me after finishing the dlc https://twitter.com/mikoyanan/status/1227596147042078720

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

indigi posted:

it really isn't. Idk why everyone keeps letting themselves be trolled

It ain't trollin' if they're absolutely correct!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

I like Edelgard and even gay married her and it was cute, but man are the Edelgard stans in this thread obnoxious enough to make me forget that that’s the case.
'This contradicts the rest of the game.'
'No it doesn't.'
'I let myself get baited into this stupid discourse again *sigh*'
'wow, the second guy is an rear end in a top hat.'

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

People are sleeping on fortress knight Edelgard. Both DLC missions 1 and 2 I can plunk her down in choke points and grind the chaff mercilessly against her shield. So far my incredibly slow and steady playstyle was only complicated by one scythe wielding nutcase popping into the centre of my formation and me having to put him down before he gets to move.

It may help that I did this as a break from chapter 19 AM maddening

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 14, 2020