Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk should I buy Division 2 for $3

I mean if you like Diablo-loot and cover shooter's it's not horrible for 3$?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you play Destiny-likes then it's no worse than the rest, just don't rush out and buy the dlc.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 14, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OK I spent 3 dollars.

If petting the dog is only in the DLC... well I guess that makes it on par with Fire Emblem Three Houses

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Only if you're REALLY bored. It is insanely unremarkable.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

(Edit: replaced with a better reference)

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1228130971456823296

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 14, 2020

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's a good controller to play PC games with that won't take up a ton of space due a to bulky cord?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The 8bitdo sf30 comes with a really thin flat usb-c cable and can do Bluetooth if your computer has that

You can also manually switch it between directinput and xinput, not as important if you only play on steam and can use their controller stuff but it's one of those things I'll never stop appreciating on a controller.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 14, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ds4 is micro usb/bluetooth

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The hell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am so hungry and horny for an Icewind Dale-like right now, why hasn’t Obsidian made one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The gently caress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I am so hungry and horny for an Icewind Dale-like right now, why hasn’t Obsidian made one

They did and then made a sequel nobody bought.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I already had to click to accept the EULA on a different screen, am I now indentured to Ubi

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Love the screen that asks you to agree to a contract that isn't linked anywhere on that screen

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I thought it was illegal to sign your rights away

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ubilong to ubisoft now

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

McSpanky posted:

I thought it was illegal to sign your rights away

I didn't get that screen so presumably they're doing it where they can.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Barudak posted:

They did and then made a sequel nobody bought.

No... pillars of eternity is a Baldur’s Gate-like

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/xyfl0p/status/1227953079083032576

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just looked it up. Pillars of eternity was so unenjoyable. Surely it wasn't made by obsidian! *checks internet* Oh. Huh. Did I change or did they change?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8M8I2SYEiA

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

redreader posted:

I just looked it up. Pillars of eternity was so unenjoyable. Surely it wasn't made by obsidian! *checks internet* Oh. Huh. Did I change or did they change?

You changed because Pillars and especially Pillars 2 are way better than BG or Icewind Dale, if only by virtue of using a better system than AD&D

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Obsidian has always been very hit and miss.

PoE one is just one of their misses. PoE2 is very good though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I encountered one dog so far but it ran away.

Maybe the dogs in the settlements are more friendly.

If there are attack dogs I have to kill I will not be happy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you like retro arcade documentaries like King of Kong and Chasing Ghosts, Man vs. Snake is on Prime now. Might have to search "nibbler" to find it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

ds4 is micro usb/bluetooth
note that ds4s will chew through your usb cables.

or their usb ports will break, it's one or the other, either way it's loving annoying because PS4 Remote Play on PC doesn't work unless you plug the controller in or use Sony's official wireless dongle. If you connect it via bluetooth it isn't supported

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/dkvine/status/1227915856845430784

Behold the one, true corn cob.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Official_AIAS/status/1228187889072136193

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The goose is good, the gun is evil.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

note that ds4s will chew through your usb cables.

or their usb ports will break, it's one or the other, either way it's loving annoying because PS4 Remote Play on PC doesn't work unless you plug the controller in or use Sony's official wireless dongle. If you connect it via bluetooth it isn't supported

I've never had the port break but yeah something about DS4s makes the cable itself unable to stay in the port. I order micro USB in batches because I know they won't last long.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

micro usb is garbage and they shouldve stuck with mini but ive only just had to replace the one that came with my ps4 when i got it for bloodborne, and i use it almost entirely plugged in

what im saying is, looks like a lot of crustaceans are in this thread and my monitor is on and im not signing my own posts, if you know what i mean

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Micro USB sucks and I’m glad it’s dead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have two different DS4s and both have broken micro-USB cables. or the ports broke. again i don't know which. because what else even uses micro-usb. i just know that it ends up becoming extremely fiddly/loose and disconnects frequently, which is bad if you're doing Remote Play, a thing that already has some input lag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Switch store is having a prettttty good sale on atm.

Eyeing Dragonball FighterZ + FighterZ Pass 1 for $40AUD just so I can own it on the switch, cause the game rules

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i have two different DS4s and both have broken micro-USB cables. or the ports broke. again i don't know which. because what else even uses micro-usb. i just know that it ends up becoming extremely fiddly/loose and disconnects frequently, which is bad if you're doing Remote Play, a thing that already has some input lag

if ur going to pc it might be worth using a bluetooth thing if you can find one windows doesnt flip out over, because the ds4 has less input lag over bluetooth than wired

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the problem is that remote play only works with sony's official adapter which they no longer manufacture or sell

if you connect via regular bluetooth i don't even think you can control the menu

i do have a Vita too, but that's for bed gaming, and my bed's too far from the router for a reliable connection (or direct connection to the ps4)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Official_AIAS/status/1228178941115912192

This one is the real head-scratcher.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bad year for racing games? Didn’t a Forza come out?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

the problem is that remote play only works with sony's official adapter which they no longer manufacture or sell

if you connect via regular bluetooth i don't even think you can control the menu

i do have a Vita too, but that's for bed gaming, and my bed's too far from the router for a reliable connection (or direct connection to the ps4)

oh thats really weird, on macos it works fine over the built in bluetooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

Bad year for racing games? Didn’t a Forza come out?

exactly hahaha