Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Asking the hard questions nobody else has the guts to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"WWE Investor". He probably owns what, 1 share?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If that's his bar for what constitutes as "gross" he should read the NY64 thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

"WWE Investor". He probably owns what, 1 share?

He has been over this, he owns a decent amount for a broke father of two and regrets not selling it when it was close to $100. Has worked out better for Mike than his attempt to GoFundMe his way to the World Series of Poker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did he seriously call Jeff Cobb gross? I feel like we need some clarification here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm trying to follow the train of thought here but it turns out this guy's just the caboose

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He thinks it's gross that anyone even dares to compete with Vince. They won't win. Be serious and/or come at him. You will lose.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
That dude is "AEW recapper who needs everything explained to him every show"-levels of dumb.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

last I checked AEW is making serious money and they don't have to risk MBS's ire to do it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Jeff Cobb? This is Jeff Cobb speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the man who will now tell you."

Someone with Twitter please quote that as a reply to that dunce, tia :tipshat:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Seriously what does "AEW thinks they have Jeff Cobb" mean

He was on the show. They have him

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 13, 2020

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Seriously what does "AEW thinks they have Jeff Cobb mean"

He was on the show. They have him

To say nothing of "This has to stop and won't", like he's describing some horribly important crime or something, instead of what's actually going on (which is his own inability to grasp AEW story beats and plot points).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If I were a WWE investor I’d be asking why AEW has done a better job of building up new stars in the past 5 months than the expensive training system my company owns has over the past 10 years.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

If I were a WWE investor I’d be asking why AEW has done a better job of building up new stars in the past 5 months than the expensive training system my company owns has over the past 10 years.
WWE investors don’t give a single poo poo about stuff like that

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They honestly think people like Charlotte and Corbin and others are stars because WWE tells them so. They don't know any better, they're probably barely aware that AEW exists

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

jesus WEP posted:

WWE investors don’t give a single poo poo about stuff like that

They probably do in the context that I believe CopywrightMMXI meant, which was "why are you spending money on this if it's not working", which shareholders do get antsy about. It's why stocks tend to dive when companies say they're going to invest in their workforce (i.e., pay raises and more hiring), and why they tend to go up when companies lay off staff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CopywrightMMXI posted:

if I was a WWE investor I'd be asking if I get any of that sweet XFL money since Vince clearly double dipped.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They probably do in the context that I believe CopywrightMMXI meant, which was "why are you spending money on this if it's not working", which shareholders do get antsy about. It's why stocks tend to dive when companies say they're going to invest in their workforce (i.e., pay raises and more hiring), and why they tend to go up when companies lay off staff.

This is pretty much what I mean. That guy is an investor but he seems to follow the business. Obviously he has blind devotion to the WWE but if he didn’t he’d realize that NXT is a money sink and doesn’t serve a purpose. It didn’t prevent the rise of AEW and it’s not developing new talent. I’m not sure if it’s profitable now that they have tv money but if it’s not then they should just pull the plug. Sure, they put on good matches but there’s no legit reason why the main roster couldn’t be like that. They’d save more money by going back to what they used to do and letting guys develop in the indies and smaller league before signing them and putting them directly on the main roster.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I’d argue that NXT serves several purposes (not ranked in any particular order)

1. Place to hold additional roster spots and develop talent (as it is, they don’t have time for everyone they have on the main roster)
2. As a byproduct of 1., prevent other organizations from signing talent (arguably the main purpose)
3. Earn whatever it is USA’s paying for their TV rights
4. Draw eyeballs away from AEW to depress their perceived value for future TV negotiations (this has failed out of the gate, time will tell on AEW’s next round of negotiations in a few years)
5. Have a lower-profile way to test out ideas

Whether they’re successful at any of those is questionable but I don’t think it’s strictly correct to say that NXT serves no purpose, even to the bottom line. Aren’t they earning something like $35 million a year from USA to air the weekly show?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I cannot for the life of me suss our what the overall message of this tweet is supposed to be.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

illcendiary posted:

I’d argue that NXT serves several purposes (not ranked in any particular order)

1. Place to hold additional roster spots and develop talent (as it is, they don’t have time for everyone they have on the main roster)
2. As a byproduct of 1., prevent other organizations from signing talent (arguably the main purpose)
3. Earn whatever it is USA’s paying for their TV rights
4. Draw eyeballs away from AEW to depress their perceived value for future TV negotiations (this has failed out of the gate, time will tell on AEW’s next round of negotiations in a few years)
5. Have a lower-profile way to test out ideas

Whether they’re successful at any of those is questionable but I don’t think it’s strictly correct to say that NXT serves no purpose, even to the bottom line. Aren’t they earning something like $35 million a year from USA to air the weekly show?

The real purpose of NXT (and the Performance Center in general) is to indoctrinate people into the WWE culture. it's basically a cult masquerading as a wrestling school.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Okay 🤷‍♂️

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I cannot for the life of me suss our what the overall message of this tweet is supposed to be.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, good, okay.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Wtf hahaha

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't remember if this one was posted yet but I love this idiot so much

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1227411909416189952?s=21

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't remember if this one was posted yet but I love this idiot so much

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1227411909416189952?s=21

I think what makes his tweets so great is they read like they were written by a bot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That guy sounds like dril most of the time

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Going off the last two posts he specifically sounds like that machine learning version of Dril

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It's really the zero engagement to every single tweet that makes it for me.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Mike Kurtz talks like an angry Toynbee Tile.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Hammerstone having a normal one

https://twitter.com/alexhammerstone/status/1228177478918656002

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I can't believe people still unironically make the "you can't be tolerant if you don't tolerate my intolerance" argument.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hammerstone has been trying to get cancelled for weeks but no one pays attention to MLW to do it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I can't believe people still unironically make the "you can't be tolerant if you don't tolerate my intolerance" argument.

So much for the tolerant marx.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
WReddit is having a struggle session over some of the vile transphobia coming out of scjerk. Before AEW was the most popular alternative it was xenophobia towards Japanese people but the head mod is in there acting like its isolated. Id been reporting transphobia comments for weeks that he couldnt be hosed removing, so its not like he didn't know his sub is full of moronic bigots

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

For people who haven't seen it before it can really be staggering how much hate trans people, and especially trans women, get online from all quarters. And how wide a range of people it comes from.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I really only frequent LiveStreamFail on Reddit to watch twitch streamers but that place alone is xenophobic and misogynist as gently caress. Usually it gets downvoted and vanishes but if you ever pop into a topic early it's horrible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao that only just now did SCJerk cross the line in SC's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

WReddit is having a struggle session over some of the vile transphobia coming out of scjerk. Before AEW was the most popular alternative it was xenophobia towards Japanese people but the head mod is in there acting like its isolated. Id been reporting transphobia comments for weeks that he couldnt be hosed removing, so its not like he didn't know his sub is full of moronic bigots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 14, 2020