Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Wow - East Dakotabraska must be much worse than expected if this is what they are posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wisciskunksin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i really like the great plains

watching storms roll in from fifty miles away is nice :)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
How many of those Pennsyltucky style regional beefs are real? Were they all made up by the author of the Dear Richard letter?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Iowa got off easy compared to England.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
I hate it when people are inaptly named

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

How many of those Pennsyltucky style regional beefs are real? Were they all made up by the author of the Dear Richard letter?

usually university-oriented. iowa, illinois and indiana are all in the same conference and all hate each other but they're totally interchangeable to me

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

i grew up in wisconsin as a kid and we had a running joke that iowa stood for idiots out wandering around

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I mean that's literally the caucus process

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shipon posted:

i grew up in wisconsin as a kid and we had a running joke that iowa stood for idiots out wandering around

same, that and also “i owe world apology”

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

same, that and also “i owe world apology”

these are way better than ford acronyms

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

super macho dude posted:

I live in Iowa. Chapo was right.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

these are way better than ford acronyms

idk what ford acronyms are but my favorite growing up was FISHTAB — loving illinois poo poo head towing a boat

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Venom Snake posted:

imagine god challenging you to never gently caress, thats p intense

seems pretty easy to me :shrug:

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

idk what ford acronyms are but my favorite growing up was FISHTAB — loving illinois poo poo head towing a boat

Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Roadside Dead
For Off Road Death
Four Old Rusted Doors
Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
Fixed On Race Day
loving Only Runs Downhill
First On Repair Dolly
Failure Of Research & Development

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crane Fist posted:

Everything Don has ever done is a bit. He has no fixed identity. The man is a ghost, he's irony Jason Bourne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSJc72OC7Dg

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:thunk:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

all i remember was that he was a d&d anarcho libertarian type before lf. one of his big things was that medieval iceland was the ideal society.

So to be clear this guys political progression was anarcholibertarian white supremacist -> socially conservative Islamic communism

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

BRB going to go read the Iliad and the Odyssey in the original Homeric Greek.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

stfu nerd

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Dreylad posted:

yeah you don't want two people with the same temperament on the same pod, you got the nicest guy u'll ever meet and you got the twisted loving psycho

this

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
trueanon only works because of the contrast between liz's steely focus and brace's chaotic energy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think don's getting more conservative too over time, slowly, but of course its always hard to tell with him. thats ok though, i think he's earned it

he's really good at seeing past whatever the american left is hyping at any given moment

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Feb 14, 2020

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

So to be clear this guys political progression was anarcholibertarian white supremacist -> socially conservative Islamic communism

babyfinland is one of the classic cases of if you're aggressive enough, and have a decent memory for injokes, you can stake out an online space

anybody remember that one LF poster whose whole thing was being an ironic anime sex creep until it turned out Oops No Irony

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

babyfinland is one of the classic cases of if you're aggressive enough, and have a decent memory for injokes, you can stake out an online space

anybody remember that one LF poster whose whole thing was being an ironic anime sex creep until it turned out Oops No Irony

notcatfish?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the discussion about La Chinoise today was great, it really is a movie for our times

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shipon posted:

notcatfish?

notcatfish and some sort of anime chat thread crew which sucked. sadbrains? idk. losing my memory of decade old forum drama minutiae

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Zas posted:

i think don's getting more conservative too over time, slowly, but of course its always hard to tell with him. thats ok though, i think he's earned it

he's really good at seeing past whatever the american left is hyping at any given moment

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zas posted:

I don’t know this don guy (is he getfiscal?) but I don’t think becoming more fascist and white supremacist as you get older is earnable

I am certainly all about owning da libs tho. gently caress libs

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I like the podcast, they generally have good discussions there.

ButI admit it's a little weird when they'll be talking about normal politics and the finland guy will go "ok, so from my perspective, under sharia..."

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

"replete with a turgid overabundance of desultory iowa references"

- lit dept adjunct faculty and/or guy who likes the decemberists, probably

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Doesn't that describe every poster in LF who had a red guard gang tag?

Maggot Master?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shipon posted:

notcatfish?

that's the one

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i made this but i dont think bernie thread liked it maybe u guys will

https://i.imgur.com/JwVZHPS.mp4

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Zas posted:

“earning” getting more conservative as you age is literally boomer logic lmao

if anything living longer should radicalize you more

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

basically every year that passes sees me go further and further left, and I started as a little pretransition Lisa Simpson as a kid. wild to imagine elizabeth warren thinking that equals progressive tho, if you're not anti-capitalism you ain't poo poo to me

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Zas posted:

very irresponsible to make a post like this lol like three people have already taken it as you calling him a fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

someone please just marry the drat man