Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That's a nice avatar :)

Also Kristen Dunst is loving incredible in Fargo Season 2, which is loving incredible itself, and Fargo season 4 also looks loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ISTHi45_s

Yo the first few seconds of that Trailer is literally across the street from where I work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I gotta check the Fargo show out I love the movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Yo the first few seconds of that Trailer is literally across the street from where I work

Be wary if you see well-dressed men spitting in their hands!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After tonight's book club meeting I'm convinced they don't pay me enough for this poo poo. Which is nothing, they pay me nothing.

But seriously I love it but tonight NOBODY WOULD SHUT UP FFFFF. Ten readers with varying types of cognitive disability is a recipe for a lot of talking and a lot of trying to wrangle extremely distracted and hyper people and being asked the same questions 25 times.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

After tonight's book club meeting I'm convinced they don't pay me enough for this poo poo. Which is nothing, they pay me nothing.

But seriously I love it but tonight NOBODY WOULD SHUT UP FFFFF. Ten readers with varying types of cognitive disability is a recipe for a lot of talking and a lot of trying to wrangle extremely distracted and hyper people and being asked the same questions 25 times.

Yeah that sounds rough. :( Maybe some hot cocoa to take the edge off? And also to request to be paid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Yeah that sounds rough. :( Maybe some hot cocoa to take the edge off? And also to request to be paid.

They don't have the money for that. This is the one thing I'll always volunteer for because I have so much love for our people. They're so wonderful even when they annoy me. :3:

They do cause me to miss about an hour of Dynamite live each week but hey.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I gotta check the Fargo show out I love the movie.

Noah Hawley is a genius, watch Legion too.

Maybe skip Lucy In The Sky tho.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

i heard that movie doesn’t even have the fuckin diaper c/d

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

i heard that movie doesn’t even have the fuckin diaper c/d

C

I guess it was okay in parts, owing a lot to a really good Natalie Portman performance, but it had none of the cool hallmarks of his tv work, especially coming off Legion.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

boooooooooooooooooooo

why even make the loving movie

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The wearing a diaper thing didn't happen. She had diapers for an infant in the car when she made her trip and when asked about them made a sarcastic joke the media ran with as truth.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
For some reason the art snob in me felt compelled to watch a bunch of movie/TV adaptations of Harold Pinter's stuff yesterday. I watched The Birthday Party (with Robert Shaw), The Collection (with Alan Bates), and The Caretaker (with Robert Shaw and Alan Bates).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

flashy_mcflash posted:

do not listen to this person

watch Legion season one and then Literally Stop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

do not listen to this person

watch Legion season one and then Literally Stop.

Yeah!

....yeah. :sigh:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

That's a nice avatar :)

Also Kristen Dunst is loving incredible in Fargo Season 2, which is loving incredible itself, and Fargo season 4 also looks loving incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ISTHi45_s

Oh ya?

She was in some weird 90s black comedy mockumentary (iirc it was that) about beauty pagents in some mid west town. I remember it mostly because there was a scene where Dunst's character wins the whole event after all the pretty/popular girls end up dying/disappearing in weird circumstances and you're led to think she did it.

At least that's how I remember it going.

Edit - Yeah it was this film

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_Dead_Gorgeous_(film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Bwzm9T-ZU

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 13, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

she's in other movies as well

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

movies. are good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm enjoying Lego Masters but one contestant keeps taking off their shoes and I'm worried about what this means later in the series... :ohdear:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love every season of Fargo, loved the first season of Legion that I saw.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ming-liang tsai

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Oh ya?

She was in some weird 90s black comedy mockumentary (iirc it was that) about beauty pagents in some mid west town. I remember it mostly because there was a scene where Dunst's character wins the whole event after all the pretty/popular girls end up dying/disappearing in weird circumstances and you're led to think she did it.

At least that's how I remember it going.

Edit - Yeah it was this film

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_Dead_Gorgeous_(film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Bwzm9T-ZU

Drop Dead Gorgeous is an amazing mockumentary, and has Amy Adams in it in her first role.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

ming-liang tsai

Yassss

Which one you watchin? Face (Visage) and Stray Dogs loving rule. The cabbage scene in the latter is one of the saddest things ever put to film.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yassss

Which one you watchin? Face (Visage) and Stray Dogs loving rule. The cabbage scene in the latter is one of the saddest things ever put to film.

i watched what time is it there? tonight but ive seen umm, rebels of neon god, vive lamour (my personal fave), the river, thje hole, & wayward cloud. he's the best

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

i watched what time is it there? tonight but ive seen umm, rebels of neon god, vive lamour (my personal fave), the river, thje hole, & wayward cloud. he's the best

Wayward Cloud is so good, that urinal dance number holy poo poo. I saw that one at a film festival and he said that most of that movie was just stuff he wanted to see if he could get past the Taiwanese censors.

I think Hole might be the only one of his I haven't seen. I should correct that! I don't know that I could wholeheartedly recommend Face, though it's pretty interesting, but you should definitely track down Stray Dogs if you can.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I feel today like I’m either secretly an insane abusive person and no one is telling me about it or I’m a direct, honest, mature person and everyone around me is an emotional child and either way I feel gaslit as hell.

Good news though: My wife got $3k for her damaged car (cops found it after she was mugged; got the kids too, and then pestered her when she didn’t press charges) which only cost $100 to fix. Yaaay

Someone give me a $2900 solution for all my problems!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you send me a lot of amiibos using that money it will probably make you happy in life. mosly zelda ones, that offer unique rewards in the zelda game. Bless you

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Recently watched Knives Out - really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig as a detective by way of KFC Colonel was rad and the cast was amazing.

Also watched Jojo Rabbit because Taika Waititi is the best but I'm still processing what I even think about that movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My partner just got me the Shovel Knight-bosses Amiibo 3 Pack, I'm so happy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Recently watched Knives Out - really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig as a detective by way of KFC Colonel was rad and the cast was amazing.

I loved Knives Out and it's awesome that in a few years Ana de Armas went from learning her English lines photeically in a Keanu sex thriller to being the heart and lead in one of my favorite movies in 2019.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wayward Cloud is so good, that urinal dance number holy poo poo. I saw that one at a film festival and he said that most of that movie was just stuff he wanted to see if he could get past the Taiwanese censors.

I think Hole might be the only one of his I haven't seen. I should correct that! I don't know that I could wholeheartedly recommend Face, though it's pretty interesting, but you should definitely track down Stray Dogs if you can.

i have them all tracked down, just have to be in the correct mood and headspace for one of these suckers. did you see 'afternoon' got uhhh, trackdownable recently?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve accepted a job offer that will earn me lots of money. And it’s working on an interesting, even exciting project.

And yet ever since accepting the offer a couple days ago I’ve felt really crushing sadness about it. I can’t explain it. It’s the worst I’ve felt in years. And I’m using every tiny problem (reading through an employment contract is always a good way to freak yourself out) to beat myself up about potentially doing the wrong thing.

Logically I know that the market in my city for my work is stupidly in favour of employees, and if I don’t like the new place I can get a new job within a week. But idk. Sadbrains suck.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

I’ve accepted a job offer that will earn me lots of money. And it’s working on an interesting, even exciting project.

Forum gets another Vision 2030 poster.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Incessant Excess posted:

oh god this reminds me of this that i had to see a tonne of on my flight to, and then back, from Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjC6wROcGI

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

e: ehhhhh not worth the doxxing risk

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

It does get annoying though, listening to boomers talk about how amazing the 60s music scene was while completely erasing all the utter garbage and including a bunch of poo poo that was great but you probably wouldn't have heard at the time.

Meanwhile today it is far easier to find hidden gems than at any point in the past, you can get excited by a 10 minute raw demo by some Siberian punk band you found on Bandcamp just as easily as the new Billie Eilish or whatever the kids are listening to.

I also think that personally you cannot beat the sheer excitement of finding a new band for the first time and it being great. A different kind of excitement to coming back to an old favourite and finding out that yeah, it still shreds.

Music is the best.

The 60s music scene was great, but I get what you mean about them erasing great stuff they didn't hear about. Charlie Mingus is very well known in jazz but despite knowing several jazz musicians I didn't hear about him until my late twenties. That was my entry into bebop jazz, which I absolutely love.

I also agree with you about finding hidden gems. I've trained the youtube algorithm on my musical tastes over the past decade, and it'll bring up bands all over the world and their recent albums. I've gotten into new genres as a result, and it's been great for expanding my musical taste.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Why does psn have max payne but not max payne 2 which is better in every way

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Lid posted:

Why does psn have max payne but not max payne 2 which is better in every way
It's the PS2 version which is utterly terrible. Max Payne 2 on PS2 is even more terrible, which is presumably why it's not on there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A Grand Don’t Come For Free is like my favorite album of all time. I got my gf to listen to a couple songs and she hates hates hates it. :(

its ok, it’s just music, I dislike many of her favorite punk songs. we find common ground with how good lizzo and cardi b are

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jordan7hm posted:

A Grand Don’t Come For Free is like my favorite album of all time. I got my gf to listen to a couple songs and she hates hates hates it. :(

its ok, it’s just music, I dislike many of her favorite punk songs. we find common ground with how good lizzo and cardi b are

You cant listen to single songs in A Grand, its a hip hopera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That’s what I said, but she disagreed and we turned it off.