Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

Who are these kids being drawn to Catholicism and monarchism? Without looking up stats my assumption is that both are at their absolute lowest point of popularity among young people. Maybe people in general.

that tweet is what happens when you alienate anyone who isn't a reactionary weirdo, and then look around yourself and go "hey! everyone I know is a reactionary weirdo, I assume that this applies to the whole world!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Yavuz posted:

that tweet is what happens when you alienate anyone who isn't a reactionary weirdo, and then look around yourself and go "hey! everyone I know is a reactionary weirdo, I assume that this applies to the whole world!"

[from within echo chamber] youre hearing it more and more!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Paradox Interactive mapgames have seduced an entire segment of a generation into fetishizing archaic systems and identities with snazzy heraldry and snappy flags

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Maximo Roboto posted:

Paradox Interactive mapgames have seduced an entire segment of a generation into fetishizing archaic systems and identities with snazzy heraldry and snappy flags

to be fair the concept of "political capital" as a bunch of points that you accumulate until you've charged up enough to spend it all on whatever big legislation you want is not something that Obama had to derive from Europa Universalis

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maximo Roboto posted:

similar to how the rise of world of Warcraft can be tied to the surge of libertarians in the leadup to the 2008 election

content:

https://twitter.com/wez_ih8nazis/status/1227643461349888003?s=21

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

how many anprim tracts do I have to slog through until I have permission to say that it's a loving stupid ideology for dipshits

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yavuz posted:

how many anprim tracts do I have to slog through until I have permission to say that it's a loving stupid ideology for dipshits

You mean etched stone tablets.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Who are these kids being drawn to Catholicism and monarchism? Without looking up stats my assumption is that both are at their absolute lowest point of popularity among young people. Maybe people in general.

ah but she's saying "some kids", not "many kids". I have few doubts that "the Oscars" do indeed number among the reasons Mencius Moldbug has given for wanting a Warhammer-themed Molesting Room.

Yavuz posted:

you haven't read enough if you're saying that and not just hooting and braining them with a sharp rock

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Feb 12, 2020

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yep that's half of emotional abuse discourse. Thing I don't like is abuse.

Controlling, belittling, and threatening are the same as not doing the dishes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
don't you need to have an ongoing relationship for it to be abuse of any sort, esp emotional abuse

because i thought ghosting someone was, you know, ending a relationship. these people also think dumping someone is abuse, don't they

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i don't have any social media so i guess i'm the king of abusers

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

don't you need to have an ongoing relationship for it to be abuse of any sort, esp emotional abuse

because i thought ghosting someone was, you know, ending a relationship. these people also think dumping someone is abuse, don't they

this reminds me of when warren told one of her fans to dump the guy who ghosted her lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Breaking up with me is abuse

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1227852961897943040

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

as a step in the DENNIS system, it's probably abusive at least some of the time yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol at the person quick on the draw posting her selfie with the famous nazi

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
so i was thinking about it, and if you're totally comfortable cutting off close relationships without telling the person the moment they stop being a net benefit to you, you're probably not someone who actually needs to ghost someone, but are probably someone who at least one person really should ghost asap

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

these people also think dumping someone is abuse, don't they

I dont know about that lady in particular, but i have absolutely seen that take.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
everything that people do that I don’t like on tinder is abuse

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/CharlemagnumPI/status/1227963373784092672

not sure it perfectly fits the thread but i could not let it go unseen. click through for the icing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he’s right

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Bernie looks like someone just busted him rolling up a joint.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That photos from 2018 and they're reposting it now. I wonder why?

Also lmao there are still hillbots in the comments saying that the reason he doesn't fly first class often is because he flies private. You know, he was flying private all those times he was campaigning for slay kween

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1228122359904821253

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

*Guido voice* dat's democracy baby

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/birbigs/status/1226164876663545857

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it’s my inauguration today, and I’m 46th!

*every candidate from every state, city, district come into my cabinet*

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

lol

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
but wait...there's one missing...!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PnPCBC/status/1228371754042695686?s=19

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

wanna meet that mom :awesome:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wouldn't this be a bigger dollar version of the Johnson treatment? :thunk:

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Koishi Komeiji posted:

wanna meet that mom :awesome:

milfed by Bloomberg

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

taht is a bonkers tweet

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm getting reminded of how eagerly republicans debase themselves for trump. Goddamn, did they project with Bernie.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/spytalker/status/1228442498533601281?s=21

https://twitter.com/spytalker/status/1228776707794010113?s=21

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

tfw you think it's only 'oligarchary' when scary foreigners do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS