Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

njsykora posted:

But I saw Billy Corgan do an interview saying it was competing with WWE and AEW?

Despite all his rage he still won't pay a living wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yukaichiban posted:

Wait was this the CVV interview? I unsubbed from CVV due to him posting to much NWA (white) Powerrr poo poo.

Yeah, I'm not subbed to him but it popped up in my Youtube recs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zombie Lemur posted:

Despite all his rage he still won't pay a living wage.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah seriously, what the gently caress.

Jesus, poor lady.

As an aside, for those that don’t recognize the name, Thunder Rosa was formerly known as Kobra Moon in Lucha Underground. She’s also a super nice lady (at least from the few handshake type encounters I’ve had with her at LU tapings and a couple indie shows) and her wrestling has improved a lot since the early LU days. Hopefully she can raise the cash she needs without too much trouble.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

I'm not sure what Trevor expected. You're not going to make good money in the NWA, it's not 1979 anymore.

That was it , that was my other Smashing Pumpkins reference.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
TIL people actually listened to the Smashing Pumpkins... huh.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Yukaichiban posted:

Pre-breakup Pumpkins were great and I'll defend them to the death. Anything after that....... Urgh

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Get a load of people listening to one of the best and most critically acclaimed rock bands of a decade.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Yukaichiban posted:

Siamese Dream is one of the greatest albums ever made, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was one of THE albums of the 90s. Ava Adore is underrated.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Get a load of people listening to one of the best and most critically acclaimed rock bands of a decade.

yeah this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mellon Collie is the rare beast of a double album that doesn’t run out of steam 2/3 of the way through

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Very possibly an age thing, I'm 21, I've literally never met a SPs fan in my life or even heard them mentioned IRL. I just know it as the band lead by the dumb gently caress alex Jones guest who I first heard of when he was dumb enough to get worked by tna who now runs a cosplay wrestling company and goes by some fancy new name.

Couldn't name one song, one album, one fan or anything. i actively used to confuse their name with smash mouth.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ok zoomer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

Very possibly an age thing, I'm 21, I've literally never met a SPs fan in my life or even heard them mentioned IRL. I just know it as the band lead by the dumb gently caress alex Jones guest who I first heard of when he was dumb enough to get worked by tna who now runs a cosplay wrestling company and goes by some fancy new name.

Couldn't name one song, one album, one fan or anything. i actively used to confuse their name with smash mouth.

is there such a thing as "performative youngin' "

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Alaois posted:

is there such a thing as "performative youngin' "

While this is admittedly a combination of both, a bit of performance is definitely in there, it's absolute truth that before tna I had no clue the guy existed. I am guilty of playing things up and hyperbole but usually my underlying message is true. I do know the guy more as a possible racist dipshit wannabe nwa promoter then I do as a singer.

It's also funny to get the older generations riled up a bit. Okay Zoomer a wacky twist on a 6 month old millennial meme might be the most boomer ending to the meme possible.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:mrgw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smashing Pumpkins were really, really loving good. That's part of what makes modern day Billy Corgan so depressing.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Smashing Pumpkins were really, really loving good. That's part of what makes modern day Billy Corgan so depressing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Despite all my rage I'm still looking sad on a train.

(and Mellon Collie is a god tier double album)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Yukaichiban posted:

I can understand this, I met a teenage kid who had never heard of R Kelly or Aaliyah.

Assuming you were born in 1998 and turning 22 this year, unless you were born in the last month and a half, just in the year you were born are these legendary albums and I'd like to know which you know - album or bands.

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
OutKast - Aquemeni
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Black Star
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
Elliott Smith - XO
DMX - It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A#
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Pulp - This is Hardcore
Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Death Cab for Cutie - Something About Airplanes
Air - Moon Safari

and coincidentally Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I always liked Steve Albini being an angry prick about the Smashing Pumpkins but then I generally like Steve Albini being mad about music, it's fun.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aquemini came out in 1998???? Good god I got old fast

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

One of the best things about old music is that when you go back you mostly get the diamonds and much less of the rough. It's both why most of the music I listen to is old and also why I know zero new bands or groups.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TTBF posted:

One of the best things about old music is that when you go back you mostly get the diamonds and much less of the rough. It's both why most of the music I listen to is old and also why I know zero new bands or groups.

may i introduce you to billy woods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScy-kdCY4M

or denzel curry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4ywyFXdik

or russian circles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79btD88nFbY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TTBF posted:

It does get annoying though, listening to boomers talk about how amazing the 60s music scene was while completely erasing all the utter garbage and including a bunch of poo poo that was great but you probably wouldn't have heard at the time.

Meanwhile today it is far easier to find hidden gems than at any point in the past, you can get excited by a 10 minute raw demo by some Siberian punk band you found on Bandcamp just as easily as the new Billie Eilish or whatever the kids are listening to.

I also think that personally you cannot beat the sheer excitement of finding a new band for the first time and it being great. A different kind of excitement to coming back to an old favourite and finding out that yeah, it still shreds.

Music is the best.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Big Huski Boi posted:

Aquemini came out in 1998???? Good god I got old fast

duder both of The Streets best albums came out 18 years ago and 16 years ago

and if you listen to them, especially A Grand Don't Come For Free, they could've been recorded yesterday

they've aged so well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is fine discussion and all but probably better suited to the General thread, and get this one back on topic to podcasts please.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

EDIT missed the last post, sorry J-ru.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
First Bryan takes the music away from us and now J-Ru does as well, pitiful.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAR-DurmA6o

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L_i71yNuUs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only music that can be discussed in here is that verse of Old Susanna that Bryan didn't know about.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Did a Rudocast episode talking NJPW New Beginning in Osaka and AEW Dynamite. Even gave Hoodslam a shout out!

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-31-njpw-new-beginning-in-osaka-aew-dynamite/

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The only music that can be discussed in here is that verse of Old Susanna that Bryan didn't know about.

Did it involve someone being in back

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
speaking of, the best of 2018 was still on my phone and came up in the car today and holy god the air getting sucked out of the room when granny announced she watched a benoit match

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I Before E posted:

Did it involve someone being in back

Let's just say it gets a little dark

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Lid posted:

I can understand this, I met a teenage kid who had never heard of R Kelly or Aaliyah.

Assuming you were born in 1998 and turning 22 this year, unless you were born in the last month and a half, just in the year you were born are these legendary albums and I'd like to know which you know - album or bands.

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
OutKast - Aquemeni
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Black Star
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
Elliott Smith - XO
DMX - It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A#
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Pulp - This is Hardcore
Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Death Cab for Cutie - Something About Airplanes
Air - Moon Safari

and coincidentally Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

I've heard DMX album and the Outkast album.

DCFC I've heard of but only know one song, Lauryn Hill was big right? Like female on billboard charts I think. Oh so that god speed thing is where ZSJ got it from. I've heard of Mesuggah from Stone Colds podcast. QOTSA I've heard of but can't name anything.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Yukaichiban posted:

I've heard DMX album and the Outkast album.

DCFC I've heard of but only know one song, Lauryn Hill was big right? Like female on billboard charts I think. Oh so that god speed thing is where ZSJ got it from. I've heard of Mesuggah from Stone Colds podcast. QOTSA I've heard of but can't name anything.

Why was Meshuggah being discussed on Austin's podcast?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Put this one up there with "HHH marries Steph for real and steals the company out from under Shane" in the Bryan was right column.

https://twitter.com/richwainwright1/status/1228517300715900928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What is the gybe reference by zsj